Rumsfeld talks with Saddam

I couldnt find anything that corroborates this story ....but interesting

"Saddam Hussein: And what is it that you want? Your forces have occupied the territory of noble Iraq; you brought down the ruling regime without any legal basis; you attacked the sovereignty of an independent, free, sovereign country; and you committed crimes that history will record as testimony against your bloodstained civilization. So what more do you want after all that?"

he has a point

If it's true that will have been their second meeting...

Saddam is alright for a dicator. He's got some balls.

Saddam Hussein: I have nothing left but honor and honor cannot be bought and sold.

Rumsfeld: But life is priceless.

Saddam Hussein: There is no value to life without honor. You robbed Iraq of its honor when you trampled on its land and we will regain our honor whether Saddam Hussein remains or dies a martyr.

At least he is not a coward.

Saddam Hussein: ...Fifth, the return of the artifacts that you stole and gave to the archaeological artifact mafia. These are treasures that are beyond all the monetary value in the world, because they carry the history of Iraq and its civilization. It's true that you don't have any civilization or history and that the lifespan of your country is no more than a few hundred years, but all that must not serve to justify your theft and your hatred for the civilization of Iraq and the wealth of Iraq.

Probaly in reference to Babylon, Hussein had begun reconstruction before the 2003 invasion.

you attacked the sovereignty of an independent, free, sovereign country; and you committed crimes that history will record as
Who does he think he's kidding.

GiaOmerta said:
Saddam is alright for a dicator. He's got some balls.

I'll admit that you've got to give him that... assuming this is legit, of course. I've never found Rumsfeld to be particularly articulate.

your giving a man that killed millions of people on purpose, credit for some bs statement that has been boiling up in his mind for the last year +

KoreBolteR said:
your giving a man that killed millions of people on purpose, credit for some bs statement that has been boiling up in his mind for the last year +

Yeap...

gh0st said:
Who does he think he's kidding.

he's right ...history has recorded the wests deeds in iraq ...you people just tend to ignore it

KoreBolteR said:
thank you for proving to me that you are that low absinthe :)

No problem. Saddam's an awesome dude. In fact, just yesterday, I invited him over for some fine wine and lobster. He was pretty funny. And while he was there, he even fixed my DVD player.

One of a kind, I have to say.

I posted it because i was under the impression that it was rubbish and made up?

No way in hell that this is true. The US would never release Sadam Hussain.

solaris152000 said:
Can we remeber who put sadam in power?
The Bath Party. :)
Absinthe said:
In fact, just yesterday, I invited him over for some fine wine and lobster. He was pretty funny. And while he was there, he even fixed my DVD player.
Didn't invite me? I could of brought over the Godfather, his favorite movie.

Back