S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announced.....and its coming to consoles too :P

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
It is.

Shadow of Chernobyl - 1
Clear Sky - Prequel
Pripet - Thought it was #2

but hasnt the team left to made metro2033?

This was actually confirmed a while ago. STALKER 2 will also have three side games like the original. Good news.

but hasnt the team left to made metro2033?

They left the company long before the Pripyat.

How was Pripyat compared to the first two? Still haven't played it.

i still need to play both clear sky and pripryat, never got round to it :|

Pripyat is superior than the first two, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better game. It's also very short. Honestly, I prefer the story told in the first game.

Dang, many PC exclusives are coming over to the console anymore.

i still need to play both clear sky and pripryat, never got round to it :|

I myself have never touched any of the Stalker games, too. Maybe I should check them out, but is there a demo of any of them available so I can get a good feel of the gameplay?

If this game delivers on the original promises of the first, I will be unreasonably happy.

Dang, many PC exclusives are coming over to the console anymore.

TBH, STALKER wasn't really a PC exclusive. It was an experimental game to see what works, and what doesn't. Now that they got it right, they want to earn more money from it.

I remember back in 2003 the STALKER FAQ said that it might come out on the XB1 heh.

Anyway, if this brings the game closer to what was originally promised(Seamless transitions between levels, a fully freed A-Life simulation etc) then I will be happy as hell, if not, I can'T really say I'll care much for the game.

By the way, I know there's a few STALKER fans over here, how many were long-term followers of the game?

I started following it when it first made the public change to the Chernobyl concept(Originally it was taking place in some jungle with pyramids and shit), late 2002 or early 2003, hence why I was so bummed out by the final release, there was such a huge amount of promises that had not been fulfilled and stuff that had been cut, stuff that had been part of the core concept of the original game.

I might add that dissatisfactions with the cuts they were forced to do were part of the reason that several of the original developers left to form 4A Games who made Metro 2033, ironically they also wounded up with THQ as their publisher.

I've been following the development since it's early days. I still have some very early screenshots in my archives.

I've been following the development since it's early days. I still have some very early screenshots in my archives.

Yeah, I used to have an old E3 video up until a few years ago, it featured awesome music and demonstrated the games(at the time) very nice graphics, like the fully dynamic soft-shadows and shit, sadly been unable to find it on the internet again since I lost it in a HD failure.:(

TBH, STALKER wasn't really a PC exclusive. It was an experimental game to see what works, and what doesn't. Now that they got it right, they want to earn more money from it.
If there's anyone who knows what they are doing its these Ukrainian devs. Buggy some of their games may be they make some great shit that works.

Does anybody really believe that they aren't going to completely dilute the original games down to something that will please your average console owner?

Haha yeah, I worked with two Ukrainian devs once. I know how they work. The final product was great, yet buggy.

Does anybody really believe that they aren't going to completely dilute the original games down to something that will please your average console owner?

funny that, considering stalker was diluted down from what it was originally going to be even to work and play well on a PC in the first place

and hell, it still didn't succeed very well at that

I think the only game to come out of there that really didn't hit with me was You Are Empty.

I dunno. I've got trust in GSC. I'd actually love it if they made the console version even harder compared to the pc version just to piss off the average console gamer.

Console gamer speaking here.

Yeah what Barnz said pretty much, there's a leaked alpha of the original concept out there, with the pyramids and shit.

I tend to stay away from game-related wikis because many of them have a hard time keeping unsubstantiated claims out of articles etc, so many articles boil down to user-speculation and shit.:\

****. Yes.

I'll be really ****ing impressed if they decide to include all the weapons from Arsenal 2.0
1230428256389pt4.jpg

I tend to stay away from game-related wikis because many of them have a hard time keeping unsubstantiated claims out of articles etc, so many articles boil down to user-speculation and shit.:\

Those under me don't. STALKER is currently my focus, previous include C&C and Fallout.

Being a bit of a recent Stalker convert, i'm hyped for this. Just needs a little more polish and to sort out the combat!

Hell, they pretty much did this with the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. There was code left over for sleeping, random blowouts, etc. that was turned off in the game but was easy just to mod back in. It's all about the mods!

Hell, they pretty much did this with the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. There was code left over for sleeping, random blowouts, etc. that was turned off in the game but was easy just to mod back in. It's all about the mods!

Yeah, but think how much more the whole concept is going to have to be cut down to fit onto a console. Look at what they did to Halo and Alan Wake to make them fit onto the 360 compared to how they initially were conceived on PC. I myself don't play the original games but I think many of you are going to be dissapopinted with this.

I don't think Halo is a good example seeing as it was originally a Mac RTS. The final game couldn't really have been more different unless it was a survival horror. It's not just a case of being cut down.

call of prypiat gave me hope that the game can be implemented after hearing how people disliked clear sky

still the story wasnt so engaging and the atmsphere wasnt as great as the first one

I just hope it dont get dumbed down

Shame there are no mods to make good on the original big promises, for example seamless environment, terrain that would actually randomly MORPH and DEFORM with each blowout and stuff.

Back