Shacknews Editor Has Met The Witch

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Shacknews editor Chris Faylor had a date with The Witch, Left 4 Dead's fifth and unplayable boss infected.

"The witch will definitely kill somebody," explained Faliszek. "She's entirely lethal. Whoever sets her off, she'll go after that one person and she will kill them. Other creatures, yeah, you can push them away, you can run, you can do all these different things, but she is single-track. She's going to kill you."

But the witch is perhaps the most destructive agent of unpredictability in Left 4 Dead--run too quickly, don't check your corners, and you're bound to stumble upon her in a most unfortunate location. We saw her again, later in the scenario's decrepit, aging hospital level, saddled smack in the middle of a hallway intersection. Chet described it as a "bad spot," as it ensured that we'd have to take her on rather than simply sneaking by.

Also they mentioned that the latest build shows marked improvements in lighting and environmental audio, as well as the sort of tweaks that make for a more visceral experience.[br]

Read the full preview on Shacknews.

Isn't there enough damn hype about this game? Isn't it enough that my soul is tearing apart in the agonizing, excruciatingly painful wait that they've forced upon us that they feel the desire to coax us further into their gloriously sinful world?

I'm kinda looking forward to this game.

Looks like it'll be as tough as shit to take her down...

Don't think this a dumb question, but will there be any medium-long range weapons? Or is all going to be up close and personal work?

Looks like it'll be as tough as shit to take her down...

Don't think this a dumb question, but will there be any medium-long range weapons? Or is all going to be up close and personal work?
I think there's a bolt action hunting rifle, not sure. Read about her a few months ago, nice to hear some actual information on her. Sounds positively awesome. **** yeah I need this game.

Yeah the hunting rifle has a scope on it. That always confused me as to why a sniper rifle would be in the game. You just can't snipe, ya know? You also got the automatic guns.

Back