Shooting Spree at Ft Hood Texas

I wonder if this is indeed a Terrorist attack, then what will the conservatives Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh going to say about Obama now ?

I wonder if this is indeed a Terrorist attack, then what will the conservatives Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh going to say about Obama now ?

New info points to it not being a terrorist attack, apparently Malik had stated to people who knew him that he was being harassed constantly at his new posting due to his ethnicity.

He had also for many years been afraid of being posted to Iraq, due to having worked with many people with PTSD whom themselves had been in Iraq, he had thus gotten to share their experiences through their stories.

According to sources, Malik had very recently been informed that he was indeed going to be deployed to Iraq, this probably simply made him snap.

I.e. rather than this being an "Islamic Attack", it was simply a guy snapping and going berserk, who just happened to be a Muslim rather than a Christian, Jew, Atheist or Agnostic and so forth.

New info points to it not being a terrorist attack, apparently Malik had stated to people who knew him that he was being harassed constantly at his new posting due to his ethnicity.

He had also for many years been afraid of being posted to Iraq, due to having worked with many people with PTSD whom themselves had been in Iraq, he had thus gotten to share their experiences through their stories.

According to sources, Malik had very recently been informed that he was indeed going to be deployed to Iraq, this probably simply made him snap.

I.e. rather than this being an "Islamic Attack", it was simply a guy snapping and going berserk, who just happened to be a Muslim rather than a Christian, Jew, Atheist or Agnostic and so forth.

It still is tragic though, and it always saddens me when these sort of things happen.

It still is tragic though, and it always saddens me when these sort of things happen.

Exactly, sadly many people seem to be more interested in taking advantage of the tragedy to further their own racist political agendas(such as in the thread linked earlier in here in which a substantial amount of right-wing conservatives are saying that Islam should be banned and all Muslims should be expelled and so forth.

It's so sad that people are only using something bad to further something else bad, it's like taking a giant dump on the future graves of the victims..

The victims, 10 of whom were soldiers, were risking their lives as US soldiers specifically because of the fact that America is a democracy which entails basic democratic rights like the freedom of religion and so forth, something people are now trying to justify violating using this tragedy as an excuse.

Its a big base, lots of people. there were probably hundreds if not thousands of people who never even heard shots.

I'm in contact with her. She's all right, but one of her friends isn't. She doesn't know how he is.

Exactly, sadly many people seem to be more interested in taking advantage of the tragedy to further their own racist political agendas(such as in the thread linked earlier in here in which a substantial amount of right-wing conservatives are saying that Islam should be banned and all Muslims should be expelled and so forth.

It's so sad that people are only using something bad to further something else bad, it's like taking a giant dump on the future graves of the victims..

The victims, 10 of whom were soldiers, were risking their lives as US soldiers specifically because of the fact that America is a democracy which entails basic democratic rights like the freedom of religion and so forth, something people are now trying to justify violating using this tragedy as an excuse.

And I'm sure the Liberals will try use it as well... and anyone else who think they can get an angle on it.

But most of this angling is done by the guys in charge, Most people, liberal and conservative alike, are truly saddened by this. This is not a partisan tragedy. It is a Nation wide tragedy.

And I'm sure the Liberals will try use it as well... and anyone else who think they can get an angle on it.

But most of this angling is done by the guys in charge, Most people, liberal and conservative alike, are truly saddened by this. This is not a partisan tragedy. It is a Nation wide tragedy.

Correct yet again, my point was not to bash any specific political ideals, but rather my disgust at people of all allegiances that are trying to exploit this tragedy for their own political agendas.

Correct yet again, my point was not to bash any specific political ideals, but rather my disgust at people of all allegiances that are trying to exploit this tragedy for their own political agendas.

I'm with you on that.

My aunt is stationed at Ft Hood. She was working in the hospital when the wounded were brought in. Makes me wonder what could've happened if he had decided to go on his rampage there. Scary stuff.

First the shooting of the British soldiers and now this. Hope it's not an emerging trend.

New evidence of the shooter's identity has surfaced:

vincent-donofrio-full_l.jpg

_46678333_suspect_afp226.jpg

It's the same guy

Actually he was talking to store clerk last week how he didn't want to go to Iraq because he didn't want to fight fellow Muslims.

a terrotist attack yes but a Stand alone Complex ( I love saying that.)

Isn't this just a scene from full metal jacket?

IS THAT A JELLY DOUGH NUT SOLDIER!

Actually he was talking to store clerk last week how he didn't want to go to Iraq because he didn't want to fight fellow Muslims.

a terrotist attack yes but a Stand alone Complex ( I love saying that.)

Yes just saw that myself, more and more witness reports, according to several neighbours he was giving away all his furniture and copies of Qu'Ran just a few days ago.

Seems the attack was indeed pre-meditated(is that the right word?)

All in all, it's an extremely sad story, I hope he lives to pay for his crimes.

Isn't this just a scene from full metal jacket?

IS THAT A JELLY DOUGH NUT SOLDIER!

It is not just a scene, in the scene in Full Metal Jacket, he kills his superior then kills himself, this guy 1. did not target his superior specifically but any military personnel he could find 2. he did not attempt to kill himself.

My older sister was born there. Congratulations on them being dead and everything but other than that, i've no emotional ties, i've never seen the place

I have to love the headlines here: "American Soldier shouts Allah is Great and kills fellow soldiers"

So it's coming out that this guy seemed to be quite backwards in his views... stemming from his faith in Islam... which is very backwards just like Christianity and Judaism etc.

Doesn't mean it's terrorism though... don't know yet if he did this as a means to be a martyr, or he was just a wackjob religonut who happened to go on a shooting spree.

Morons need to get this in their head that no matter who does something like this, you cannot jump to conclusions. Jumping to conclusions is a deliberate avoidance of the facts, and it's wrong.

Just because someone says don't jump to conclusions on why this guy did it, to someone who says that he had to have done it because he's a muslim terrorist, doesn't mean that the person is defending the individuals religion. It just means DON'T JUMP TO ****ING CONCLUSIONS BECAUSE IT'S WRONG TO DO.

maybe he has a tumor too. I heard some kind of blockage in the brain can help people snap even more than usual

That would explain a lot about you Warped, good point.

no, he was using a crowbar

Hope those wounded have a speedy recovery.

But how can you say it has to be terrorism? If he was a Major, he would have served his country for long enough that they'd know if he was a spy. Or least why the hell would a Terrorist group bother with getting a mole with only the rank of Major.

See that chinese guy down the street, behind the corner, in the shop, packing your vegemite, at the foot reflexologist, in Monash, in the tram, from Flinders to Frankston? They're all spies from china.

The Monkey said:
Wonder why he used two guns instead of a rifle.
Its obviously much cooler to dual wield that use a rifle duh.

First the shooting of the British soldiers and now this. Hope it's not an emerging trend.

New evidence of the shooter's identity has surfaced:

vincent-donofrio-full_l.jpg

_46678333_suspect_afp226.jpg

It's the same guy

Not to mention the planned shooting in Australia. Which was fortunately found out before happening.

Edit
Whoops doublepost

That Azner is a spy!

From China!

My friends made it a point that this happened, though. I have no idea why.

"Hey Dan, just to let you know, ma--"
"People got shot at Fort Hood in Texas, I know. You've told me three times."
"13 got injured."
"I know."

^

Throughout the entire ****ing day.

I heard about this event the moment it happened in the afternoon on that day. It was quite a shocking and tragic event, and I feel sorry for the loved ones of the victims who were killed.
I'm not sure if you guys know this, but the suspect who murdered these people is actually alive, as well as the police officer who shot him. She obviously saved a lot of lives on that day, but many others were lost. She is, without a doubt, a true hero.

So tell me how could a phychologists commit to this, seriously?

I'm betting a lot of them are neurotic messes having to deal with peoples shit all the time.

And that's just regular psychiatrists... having to listen to and help people cope with war related horrors? I can't even imagine.

However, nothing what happened to this guy excuses any of the shit he pulled which left Americans dead. It was a completely terrible thing he did and should be punished to the most extreme.

I'm glad he survived the ordeal, and I hope he pulls through, so he can stand trial for what he's done and be punished for it rather than having the easy way out of death.

Back