So I finally got around to making a Portal soundmod

Putting a song clip on a recording of someone playing a game is hardly a "mod" of any description. That's as absurd as saying I "modded" my car by taking a photo of it and drawing a racing stripe on the photo.

If cats could edit sounds on video clips...they'd hate it too.

Putting a song clip on a recording of someone playing a game is hardly a "mod" of any description. That's as absurd as saying I "modded" my car by taking a photo of it and drawing a racing stripe on the photo.

If cats could edit sounds on video clips...they'd hate it too.

It's not "putting a soundclip over recorded footage". It's "Replacing the song used in that part so it plays in game".

Personally, I'd put 'Disco Inferno' in its place and have a bunch of previous test subjects dancing in the flames, but that's just me.

It's not "putting a soundclip over recorded footage". It's "Replacing the song used in that part so it plays in game".

That's certainly another possibility. Changing one sound clip/song in a game still does not make it a "soundmod" though - at best, that would be a "modded audio file". Otherwise, if such small game changes could be called "mods", then by simply entering my name or changing the graphics setting in a game I could claim to have "modded" it.

However it's all pretty relative and moot atm given that we only have a short youtube clip to go by: one which is either doctored with audio edits on the video, or was recorded that way due to a slight altering of the audio track in the game files. I stand by my statement - it is hardly a "mod".

Back