Sony strikes again (I can't believe this).

hungryduck

Tank
Reaction score
Wow, sony is so full of bullshit these days. If you use component cables that are not sony branded to connect your PS3 to your TV, it immediately voids your warranty.
Just got off the phone with Sony Support. Because I have a generic brand of component cables, instead of officially licensed Sony components, Sony has voided the warrantee on my PS3 and will only replace it for $150 dollars!

Their product fails, yet they wiggle out of responsibility. Yeah Im sure that component cables can kill a system. and even if that were the case. What does that say about the system if it can be killed so easily.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=789061

they'll replace your ps3 for $150? ....can I have your old one? free of course cuz there's no warrenty

lol - component cables killed my console XD

What a complete crock of shite :/

considering they lose about 150 on every console this really doesnt surprise me

they'll replace your ps3 for $150? ....can I have your old one? free of course cuz there's no warrenty
no they'll replace the warranty.
You can have his old warranty though.

they'll replace the warrenty? does it come with any games?

Sony is turning into the Allstate of the gaming industry.

On April 1st, Sony is going to have a press release stating that "they were just messing with you, and that the PS3 will now be charged at 300$, HDTV included."

Hahaha oh wow. How long is the warranty meant to last for anyway? They'll try and make their money back anyway they can. /shudder at the days of $40 8mb memory cards.

"Okay I'll pay the $150."
"Good heres your new warranty, btw did you unplug the cables?"
"Uh, not yet."
"Yeah that's going to be another $150."

Well it sucks to be you I guess, although I have to ask, why did you buy it in the first place? Seriously.

Shouldn't that be April 2nd?
Sony seems to live in an inverted world, so April 1st would be the perfect time to stop messing around with us (Or, in their view, start messing with us).

Thats why I'm glad to have my ol' faithful beside my side (PC)

If it breaks down, you have 1001 excuses to get an exchange or refund.

Hmm ... I'm using Monster brand component cables for it right now. I highly doubt that it's bad for the system ... but now I know if something does go wrong not to tell them :hmph: .

Bored of Sony publicity now.
QFT. Seriously, tell me when MGS4 or FFXIII or White Knight Story or Killzone or Afrika or the new Naughty Dog Project or the new Ratchet & Clank release. Til then, everyone just go back to sleep....:sleep:

Back