Steam region lock

rikt

Space Core
Reaction score
I was reading bout this just now.

does this mean that is I move from Europe to Canada, my steam library won't work anymore???

Some links to where you were reading about this would help.

After some quick googling it looks like this only applies to certain countries and certain games.

I used my Steam account for a couple months in Canada (originally UK registered account) and I had no problems. Like Vegeta said, I think this problem is pretty rare and mostly limited to specific games. Google around about specific titles and see what you find.

I would say don't worry about it quite honestly, but if there are specific titles you can't find info on, raise a support ticket: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php (it will be quite a low priority issue so don't expect an instant reply!)

Yep, it's just for specific countries and specific games. For example - if you move to Germany (or if you're just driving through) then you can't play the ROW (Rest Of the World) version of Wolfenstein: The New Order and you'd probably need to buy another copy but this time a one that is censored for Germany.

**** Germany, I need to get out of here!

Back