Tactical Intervention

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4idtlAW_0g&feature=player_embedded

Mihn Lee worked on various games including Counter-Strike for HL2, CS:Condition Zero, CS:Source, and Day of Defeat at Valve. Lee left Valve because he wanted to create his own FPS. Lee started working on Tactical Intervention since 2006 and then joined FIX Korea two years ago as vice president.

Tactical Intervention is already licensed in North America and Europe and currently looking for publishing partners in countries including Korea, Japan, China and in Southeast Asia. Tactical Intervention is expected to launch a beta service in the first half of 2010.

Move over CS1.6 and Source.... FEEL THE HEAT!

It looks like the graphics stayed in 2006.It sucks.There is no way that this will even come close to the fame level of CS.

I remember reading about this new game he was working on.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that he left VALVe because he didn't want to be "working on Counter-Strike forever", then as soon as he joins someone else he begins working on a game that's exactly like Counter-Strike?

Pretty sure there was a thread on this, but I can't seem to find it. It still looks hopelessly samey and derivative.

Move over CS1.6 and Source.... FEEL THE HEAT!

Yeah ok.

Many many many mods have tried making a more tactical counterstrike. People just don't like it. The fact alone that they have that running animation and not being able to shoot while running is enough to keep CS lovers away.

The only thing that can replace CS is a game just like CS but better. Not different. CS:S did this to 1.6. And even the slight differences in that were complained about.

I remember reading about this new game he was working on.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that he left VALVe because he didn't want to be "working on Counter-Strike forever", then as soon as he joins someone else he begins working on a game that's exactly like Counter-Strike?

Why don't you people read video descriptions...

Minh Le is the shit, but I'm dubious about this game. I'll certainly play it though. He felt boxed in by the idea of making CS2 since, as people have already said, it would be completely bound to earlier versions of CS, and he wanted more freedom. TBH the only interesting thing in TI that I can see is stuff like terrorists grabbing hostages from around them and stuff. I don't think it's gonna go anywhere, but on the other hand... I'm not going to underestimate the ability of the guy who created the most popular online shooter in the world practically singlehandedly.

I'll certainly play it though. He felt boxed in by the idea of making CS2 since, as people have already said, it would be completely bound to earlier versions of CS, and he wanted more freedom.

I think he wants to combine Action Quake (he was also founder of it) with Counter-Strike. He can do whatever he wants, since there's no one to bitch about it. Remember when Valve released a radar update for Counter-Strike: Source?

I'm not going to underestimate the ability of the guy who created the most popular online shooter in the world practically singlehandedly.

As if CS was anything amazing. CS became popular because it was very simple and didn't have a lot of extra fluff in it to clutter it up. FPS games dont get any more basic and barebones than CS. Plus it was a free mod when it got popular so...

I don't really think it required a mastermind to make the game. I think it just came out at the right time.

“Move over CS” is a bold statement to make, and very silly to say until you actually play a game. You’re not just saying that to #$%@ with people are you? If we ignore the 2002-graphics, afterall simplicity makes CS what it is, it looks like it could be fun... or could be a lame CS clone. The resume sounds interesting, which is enough to spark my interest and possibly try out at a later date. We’ll see.

P.S. Battlefield 2 is on paper & in videos a much better game than CS, however once you play it it’s immediately apparent why it’s not (controls, community, gameplay, feel, etc).

Battlefield 2 is a much better game than CS in each one of those regards. The only thing I like better about CS is the "feel" of the guns and movement of the player feels more responsive and accurate.

I was never a huge CS fan... I played the original beta free release crap and I played a little source. Honestly though, who leaves Valve? Valve is riding the crazy train to awesometown and they show no signs of stopping.

I sure wouldn't leave to make a crappy re-engineering of a mediocre game. I'd stay just for a potential chance to have my name on something like Portal, TF2, or HL2.

It's easy to look back on Counter-Strike with disdain considering the beast it turned into. But I can still recall fond experiences in the likes of cs_mansion, as_highrise, and the legendary de_jeepathon2k. They will never be surpassed or replaced.

Being a free mod certainly helped its popularity, but you have to remember there was a time when people were buying Half-Life for the sole purpose of being able to play Counter-Strike. Hell, it's the reason I even picked up the game in the first place.

So now everyone is leaving Valve because they want to actually finish games.

Being a free mod certainly helped its popularity, but you have to remember there was a time when people were buying Half-Life for the sole purpose of being able to play Counter-Strike. Hell, it's the reason I even picked up the game in the first place.

I bought HL2 solely for CS:S. I just happened to decide to play this 'other' game I got with CS:S later.

It's easy to look back on Counter-Strike with disdain considering the beast it turned into. But I can still recall fond experiences in the likes of cs_mansion, as_highrise, and the legendary de_jeepathon2k. They will never be surpassed or replaced.

Quoted for emphasis.

They're not the first people who left Valve.

Amen, people like to hate Counter-Strike because, well, it's Counter-Strike. Nevertheless it's a tremendous part of my personal gaming history and I look back on the earlier days extremely fondly. Yes, it's basic, and yes, it's not very inspiring, but that doesn't mean it's not a great game. TI certainly isn't looking that impressive but I'll wait to pass judgment until I can actually play it.

If he is making money, why is he in school?
To get his degree. You don't stop when you're halfway.

He doesn't attend classes, though, and has to take extra free time for the exams.

Looks... like CS with more hostages? Why is the video so horribly zoomed in?

I'm still waiting for someone to make a modern tactical shooter than involves AI players (bots, remember those?) in more interesting ways. Let us hire AI mercs to run around the map and cause havoc, it'd be like versus and coop combined.

Back