TENS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN WASTEFUL SPENDING!!!!!!!

Government backing for indie developers? In principle I suppose it could be a good idea, for nonprofit game developers, but not for those companies that make a profit out of it.

It's disgusting that Fox's bias is so obnoxious that it can actually sway me from agreeing with them, as I did before the video started.

I love how even after he says the grant is not for Call of Duty they continue to show Call of Duty, and then they show Tekken (or something).

I love the opening too, where he mentions Grand Theft Auto. He couldn't have said StarCraft, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, or Uncharted 2?

edit: my point being he had to pick these super violent video games, he couldn't pick anything else.

Yeah, if they were to read even a little bit about the grants, you'd see that its specifically for games that are designed for primarily artistic or educational purposes. This is for games like god damn Reader Rabbit, not big blockbuster games with violence and shit.

EDIT: I made this post without watching the video, because I just assumed the opposition would be harping on how there is no value in video games beyond entertainment. Now that I watched the video, I see that the opposition's argument is even dumber than I anticipated (and I dare say dumber than Brian Ambroze anticipated, since he mentioned the same stuff I did). That idiot's argument was "gubermentz spendin mah money wtf? GODDAMN I HATE PING PONG"

It's funny, I thought I heard them say 'Fair and Balanced'...

Everyone in that video is so thoroughly unattractive, my brain has suffered a fugly hemorrhage.

Neckbeard vs. OrangeMan vs. Yuri from Red Alert

Fox... they're so good at taking any partially relevant aspect of a subject and making it the complete and total main point. In a country where educational grants cover many various approaches to a final product deemed "art", why would it ever fall these people to decide that it is or isn't art? I also enjoy that they took absolutely no effort to find any sort of footage of a game that would qualify... instead starting out with a game that wouldn't under any circumstances be applicable. It's just... amazing. They really know how to pander to their generally old and/or uneducated following. Nothing I see from any random douchebag on that network ever surprises me.

"Fellow entertainers" haha I enjoyed that one, I think the other two missed it though.

Back