The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalek - Content to Play Villian

Hip hop is so much better when it's compressed between two towering walls of gloomy pressure.

"Planet Gear" by Squarepusher

I have to admit I was quite disappointed at first with his latest album. I tend to prefer his predominantly more electronic excursions. But now, as is typical, it's beginning to grow on me. It's palette is definitely more accessible, but it's frantic and spastic enough to bear his signature markings. The textures and melodies are colorful and warm, even when it gets gritty. The bass solo meanderings don't do much for me and there's still tracks I skip. But it coincides with me also appreciating Music Is Rotted... a lot more these days as well.

Buckethead - Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot

love buckethead, it's like classic rock meets spacey rock, meets thrashmetal. population override has got to be his best album though

"Planet Gear" by Squarepusher

I have to admit I was quite disappointed at first with his latest album. I tend to prefer his predominantly more electronic excursions. But now, as is typical, it's beginning to grow on me. It's palette is definitely more accessible, but it's frantic and spastic enough to bear his signature markings. The textures and melodies are colorful and warm, even when it gets gritty. The bass solo meanderings don't do much for me and there's still tracks I skip. But it coincides with me also appreciating Music Is Rotted... a lot more these days as well.

Planet Gear was the highlight of the album for me, the rest... not so much. I need to put more time into it.

Mahumodo - April's

One hell of an emotional band. Mehdi Safa is a goddamn brilliant vocalist and I urge any hardcore/post-hardcore fan to listen to this guy's works ASAP, be it Mahumodo or *shels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back