This is a poll about the ''Can a cat surrvie a fall from the empire state building''

Can a cat surrvie a fall from the Empire State Building?

• Yes

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did mention the window. Of which the Eiffel Tower doesn't have many. Especially not on the first floor.

Blackghost905 said:
Yes it would not make any change in the speed that you would be travaling downward, I think please correct me if I am wrong!
Actually, it would make changes because that's more time the cat has in the air to pass out, get drifted sideways by wind currents, and get hit by low-flying stunt-planes. :angel:
kirovman said:
Well I did mention the window. Of which the Eiffel Tower doesn't have many. Especially not on the first floor.
Not good enough! >:[

lol, this would be the face of the cat on the way down

Attachments

• scaredkitty.jpg
    scaredkitty.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 106
Blackghost905 said:
lol, this would be the face of the cat on the way down
Rofl, it looks terrified. I don't have the heart to be able to throw that out the window (assuming it doesnt pull that expression often).

When I found that picture I was cracking up for so long, It is 10 times funnyer if you are Imaging a cat falling down tword you and it has that face on it

Blackghost905 said:
When I found that picture I was cracking up for so long, It is 10 times funnyer if you are Imaging a cat falling down tword you and it has that face on it

you should have photoshopped it so we didn't have to imagine it.

Yes, and you are also a disgrace to the national spelling association.

Wow people are so retarded. How could you say no to this question? If the question was "Would you expect a cat to live after falling from the empire state building" Then I could see why people that didn't know the details of why they could would say no. However the fact that the question is "Can a cat survive from falling off the empire state building?" is easy to answer. Even if there is a 1 in 10000000000000 chance of the cat surviving...there is still a possibility. The answer is easily yes so anyone who has answered no has just failed at life.

Glirk Dient said:
Wow people are so retarded. How could you say no to this question? If the question was "Would you expect a cat to live after falling from the empire state building" Then I could see why people that didn't know the details of why they could would say no. However the fact that the question is "Can a cat survive from falling off the empire state building?" is easy to answer. Even if there is a 1 in 10000000000000 chance of the cat surviving...there is still a possibility. The answer is easily yes so anyone who has answered no has just failed at life.

rofl 6char

Glirk Dient said:
Do us all a favor and go test this myth

Omg, so you are saying there is not a 1 in a brazillion chance the cat could survive?

Solaris needs to stop humiliating himself.

Blackghost905 said:
is Brazillion even a number?
How can you possibly have 274 posts already? You've been a member for sixteen days.

Do yourself a favor and take a break from posting.

edit: Because I might as well contribute something to this "discussion", yes a cat can survive the fall. It won't happen often but it is possible.

Erestheux said:
No one here seemed to notice that TheSomeone's original thread said:

"The Eiffel Tower"
Height: 986 feet (300.5 meters)

while this one says

"The Empire State Building"
Height: 1,250 feet (381 meters)

It doesn't seem like any of you read the damn thread either. I'm pretty sure the conclusion to that thread is that you can't predict if a cat will survive or not because there are too many factors to consider. The cat definately has a much higher chance of survival then, say, a human, but that's all that could really be determined.

Also, I'd like it if Solaris got banned because me and everyone else hates him.

Oh, and jetski, because you can strap a table to a jetski but you can't strap a jetski to a table.
And everyone just loves your flaming! <3

bvasgm said:
How can you possibly have 274 posts already? You've been a member for sixteen days.

edit: Because I might as well contribute something to this "discussion", yes a cat can survive the fall. It won't happen often but it is possible.

rofl good post, especially because you didn't answer his question.

How do you have 649 post and you are a Senior Member, And no one else has a problem with my posting exept you so WHA!

Erestheux said:
Solaris needs to stop humiliating himself.
Like, Glirk is completly right.

The question is, is Can a cat survive a fall from the empire state building", and the answer is yes it can. I could win a marathon, but I'm not going to. Its very unlikely, but possible.

bvasgm said:

Yeah, this is coming from the man who knows. He posted and posted. And got it removed. Cried crocodile tears. We can't have that again.
/Pats Borgasm on the back.

Blackghost905 said:
Humm... I c
Nah keep posting mate, most of them have been constructive, and I get bored sitting here refreshin the page waiting for a new post.

Glirk Dient said:
How is he humiliating himself? nobody should be answering no to this.
I dunno, I'm just kinda... saying. Ya know?

Although I don't agree with you, either. Heh.

Glirk Dient said:
How is he humiliating himself? Brazilian is a number!

Brown employee #12 says "I am a respectable employee of McDonalds! I am not a number!"

Samon said:
You are fine. Don't worry, its just borgasm.
You did that on purpose. Speaking of Borgasms anyone seen seven of nine on star trek? :naughty:

Erestheux said:
I dunno, I'm just kinda... saying. Ya know?

Although I don't agree with you, either. Heh.

People can fall out of airplanes and survive. Cats have half the termnial velocity and twice the legs. That alone means they have 4x the chance to survive than we do. Now when a plane is flying 10,000 feet...and the empire state building is 1250ft...well that right there proves my point even more. A human can survive a fall from an airplane so there is most definately a good chance a cat would survive. In fact a veterinary study has shown 95% of cats will survive. So the answer is

A REALLY FRIGGIN BIG

YES

Glirk Dient said:
People can fall out of airplanes and survive. Cats have half the termnial velocity and twice the legs. That alone means they have 4x the chance to survive than we do. Now when a plane is flying 10,000 feet...and the empire state building is 1250ft...well that right there proves my point even more. A human can survive a fall from an airplane so there is most definately a good chance a cat would survive. In fact a veterinary study has shown 95% of cats will survive. So the answer is

A REALLY FRIGGIN BIG

YES

lol it's not 4 times the chance. If a cat can survive 1 in 20 times and a human 1 in 100000 times that's a lot better than 4x.

Glirk Dient said:

A REALLY FRIGGIN BIG

YES
You're getting a little passionate about this. I don't agree with some of your math you've done earlier, is what I tried to say. I'm sure that once and a while the cat will survive. I just don't think there is a definitive answer to this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back