Weekly Art Contest: Week 20 Discussion

I am making my one
I hope will finish it soon
maybe it will be in black and white, depends on the time

it will be a screenshot
I will add a creature designed by I that was for the last contes that was about design a HL2 boss

here is the original pic

<RJMC> said:
I am making my one
I hope will finish it soon
maybe it will be in black and white, depends on the time

it will be a screenshot
I will add a creature designed by I that was for the last contes that was about design a HL2 boss

here is the original pic

Wow, great job RJMC... y tu no eres el unico latino aki, mira, apesar de yo ser brasileño, tambien hablo español y tambiem compro discos piratas, vale?! Es siempre bueno tener un hermano cerca,

Fuera Chavez y fuera Lula!!!!

I'm scared to see what RJMC has got to show us. I also have to reveal my entry tomorrow, or saturday morning :).

i hope people appreciate the effort i put into my entry... putting the right amount of light onto surfaces takes bloody ages to do!!! mine took over 2 hours ;(

Looking awesome suicide. I shall reveal my entry soon. I've probably put a good 3 or 4 hours into this I would guess. I'm not sure though because i've worked on it so sporadically.

EDIT: Finally done with my entry! yay :thumbs:

Looks fantastic, tim :) You can't even tell it was made in mspaint when the size is reduced.. you can tell only in the full fledged picture

pleas I need something to reduce the size of my entry
how I can do it?

<RJMC> said:
pleas I need something to reduce the size of my entry
how I can do it?

You can use photoshop/other compression programs to save your image.

I've got something pretty neat coming, sadly I started after dinner today, so I will have to work hour after hour to finish it in time.

Can't wait to show you all.

I think that I hav to load my pic as GIF format

I can upload my pic! is too big
tere is no another way to change the size?

Finally I could do it
thanks shuzer for the link
also thanks to tim ro want to help me

see it now

Awesome as usual RJMC. I must say...if anything like that happens in hl2, the game will be pretty hard. Looks like Freeman is in a pretty tough spot there ;). Great job.

Also, I just had to quote you about what you said with your dog and the clay. It was very funny. I hope you don't mind.

lol, RJMC gets my vote.. he lived up to his mspaint expectations :) :thumbs:
Very nice work.. although tim's looks great too. I'm still waiting on Vegeta's, maybe his will be better, who knows.. but so far, RJMC's is my definite favorite

Yeah, I had a feeling I was going to get destroyed by RJMC. He's got way too much practice with that program ;). I think he did the conversion of his robot from one perspective to another one very well, espcecially for paint.

i really like Tims... it shows a large level of expertise for the program... definately very great!!!

but RJMC's shows attention to detail, with so much happening in the pic! then theres the amazing pic of the G-ma, and the dead headcrab...

ooohhhh, i dont know who to pick. probally tim ;)

On my entry, don't forget to click the picture to see the original sized pic. It's too high rez to post directly on the forum ;). Also, i love the bloode on your zombie suicide, looks great. It should be tough picking tomorrow, that's for sure.

sigh... all the l33t ms painters post in the last two days - should have seen that coming. I like them all but some (like tims) i like because its a nice backdrop. although RJMC deserves a great deal of credit. my picture is far less buzy than his. :hmph:

Pendragon said:
Yours is great though, because, instead of trying to overcome Paint, you seem to have embraced it, and the simplicity works wonders for the coherence of your piece, instead of all the people who treated it like Photoshop and tried to replicate a game scene or something.
Then you'll like mine. :)

And fix your avatar. ;)

Not much time left!! Ahh!!!

It ends 1pm US Eastern time right?

i might make another one, but this time have a huge battle scene. i like RJMCs for its complexety, i wouldnt mind doing it myself.

seeing as there at least 2 people making entries still, u thin kyou could hold the comp open a little longer tim? :) thx :D

Guys, this is a serious competition, I can't play favorites.....

Just kidding. Hurry up and get your entries in, after suicide and vegeta's are in, it's over ;). hehe

tim8604 said:
Guys, this is a serious competition, I can't play favorites.....

Just kidding. Hurry up and get your entries in, after suicide and vegeta's are in, it's over ;). hehe
ok... ill get it done by tonite, garanteed!!!

note: that may mean 1 in the morning :)

im starting it now :D

Suicide42 said:
ok... ill get it done by tonite, garanteed!!!

note: that may mean 1 in the morning :)

im starting it now :D

hm, I thought you meant just a couple of hours :x . If we wait till tonight to start the voting I'm afraid we won't be able to get in a enough votes before the polls close. I'm sure if you work non stop on it for an hour or so you can finish :)

You say we can submit two entries... Can the two be different versions of the same thing?

You peoples paint skillz scare me... I want those skills....

vegeta897 said:
You say we can submit two entries... Can the two be different versions of the same thing?

yeah, that's fine

I'm done! Check it out! :D

(EDIT: W00t, 900 posts)

I can't believe I didn't think to do it isometric :x . Looks great though. Love the details, such as the cables and fencing.

tim8604 said:
I can't believe I didn't think to do it isometric :x . Looks great though. Love the details, such as the cables and fencing.
Thanks!

I wanted to add more detail, but as you may have read, I was punched for time.

I love yours vegeta! Great work. Its one of my top favs on there.

tim, RJ, and vegeta - nice work.
vegeta, please do more iso pics like that. :)

We should have an isometric contest next week after such a large turnout for mspaint this week ;).

tim8604 said:
We should have an isometric contest next week after such a large turnout for mspaint this week ;).

Could it be isometric in photoshop? It could get some nice results of possible screens of an HL2 rpg ;)

OMG! a valve staff menber has say nice work to me!

*<RJMC> fall incontient*

what I like about the pic of vegetta is that looks like a game boy advance version of HL2

awww shit... i just spent ten minutes looking for a pencil sharpner to sketch some ideas, when i found it was in my pencil case... d'oh!

Greg Coomer said:
tim, RJ, and vegeta - nice work.
vegeta, please do more iso pics like that. :)
Yessir! :E

Is the contest ready for voting or what?

Back