When will an update come?!

tokin

Reaction score
They said after the announcement of HL2 valve will then provide an update on TF2. Well its been like 2 weeks now since HL2 being mentioned in magazines and at E3. They better release some news/previews/interviews before i leave this summer on the 25th of June because ill be in Maine for a whole month with a 28.8k connection and i will probably only get on once or twice to check the forums at most, so if something new pops up you guys better have it here, im sure yall will.

tokin..

An update realy has to come soon, I was wondering the same thing the other day acctualy. I wonder when the ValVe PR machine will kick in.?
My guess is probs in a month or so ;)

Originally posted by tokin
They said after the announcement of HL2 valve will then provide an update on TF2. Well its been like 2 weeks now since HL2 being mentioned in magazines and at E3. They better release some news/previews/interviews before i leave this summer on the 25th of June because ill be in Maine for a whole month with a 28.8k connection and i will probably only get on once or twice to check the forums at most, so if something new pops up you guys better have it here, im sure yall will.

how do you propose that any of us would know?

tokin, Gabe said an update on TF2's status will come shortly after HL2 is released to stores :)

no you are wrong.....he said once the announcement process for HL2 is over then a update will be provided about TF2. This should be before July im joping.

Whenever they give it, it will likely be at jsut the right time to spark us off and get all mad about having to buy it.

Not that i mind this of course.

Whenever they give it, it will likely be at jsut the right time to spark us off and get all mad about having to buy it

Dude ive wated along time for this game, nothing is going to get me Mad about haveing to buy this. The only thing that will get me mad is if they dont release untill next year...(personaly the latest i think will be Christmas).

Originally posted by GOoch
Whenever they give it, it will likely be at jsut the right time to spark us off and get all mad about having to buy it

Dude ive wated along time for this game, nothing is going to get me Mad about haveing to buy this. The only thing that will get me mad is if they dont release untill next year...(personaly the latest i think will be Christmas).

I dont care much for the game being a stande-alone or not. Cuz if it is stand-alone, i can assure Valve i aint buyin it. Ill just download a pirated version cuz i still think it should be a mod for HL2. I just dont like the fact that they propose to NOT make it a free mod. Wouldnt be a good thing for the build up of the community for HL2.

i AM infact buying HL2 tho

If it were TFC i might agree with you but, TF2 is gonna be so much more than just a mod, its gonna be its own game, just using the HL2 engine. Besides downloading games is pretty gay if you ask me (which is doubtful you will) especially when its ripping off a creator like VALVe. TF2 will most likely not make a difference to building up the mod community since theres already sucha big one.

I kinda agree with THUGENSTEIN \:
I just hope TF2 isn't going to be another BF1942 with a Source based engine..

Back