Which one to Rent Narnia or King Kong

bored

Reaction score
Which one to Rent Narnia or King Kong? Narnia was recommended to me by friend who said it's close to the book and the music is awesome but others said it was a kiddies version of Lord of the rings, are they right or just being prats. King kong looks awesome but the film is 3 hours long and those lord of the rings (espically the last one) were way too long and really boring in places, So which one should I rent?

...I'm going to peg King Kong as the superior film, by a wide margin. I can't even guess which to recommend to someone who disliked LOTR though, as thats so different from my taste I have no comparison.

"Narnia was a kid's book, and the movie is a kid's movie."

Narnia isn't a kids book.

King Kong was overrated, big time. It was over done with crap CGI. The T-Rex in Jurassic Park looks miles better.

Ok, I've now seen the movie three times, and I don't even know what to say to that at all. I'll be damned if I've ever seen better effects.

They both were bad movies, but I'd watch King Kong again anyday over Narnia -_-

Harryz said:
King Kong was overrated, big time. It was over done with crap CGI. The T-Rex in Jurassic Park looks miles better.

Spoken from a true and unbiased mind. :rolleyes:

King Kong.

Narnia really is a kiddies version of LoTR. If you bear that in mind, and don't expect to see any orc decapitations, its pretty good.

King Kong is awesome, and I loved it. Its a lot like LoTR in the way that it goes on for ever and when people die theres always a long slow-motion silent-except-for-a-solo-voice-singing reaction-shot.

NotATool said:
Spoken from a true and unbiased mind. :rolleyes:

King Kong.

How exactly is my opinion biased? Am I the only one who the T-Rex was better in Jurassic Park than King Kong?

Teta_Bonita said:
Narnia was a kid's book, and the movie is a kid's movie.

But of course, it makes perfect sense that because its a kid films only kids can see it. Toy Story is a film considered for kids, but its one of my all time fave. movies.

I haven't seen either, but I want to see both. You should see both too! :cheers:

king kong, tho narnia is like a classic and the lion is lush!

Harryz said:
How exactly is my opinion biased? Am I the only one who the T-Rex was better in Jurassic Park than King Kong?

No, you're right. The visual effects in the first Jurassic Park movie looked much more realistic than King Kong. The King Kong effects were impressive in the "that's really advanced CGI" kind of way while Jurassic Park was impressive in the "holy shit there's a dinosaur" way. In JP you don't even think about the effects, it just looks photo-realistic.

But King Kong was an alright movie, and this is coming from someone who didn't like LOTR at all. You can't go wrong with King Kong really, it's not the best movie ever but it's pretty entertaining.

Harryz said:
"Narnia was a kid's book, and the movie is a kid's movie."

Narnia isn't a kids book.
The Chronicles of Narnia. This is a series of seven fantasy novels for children that is by far the most popular of Lewis's works....
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.S._Lewis
TheBleeding said:
But of course, it makes perfect sense that because its a kid films only kids can see it. Toy Story is a film considered for kids, but its one of my all time fave. movies.
Thread author wanted to know if Narnia "was a kiddies version of Lord of the rings", so I told him.

chroni-what-cles of narnia lol

Rent Kong.

Just saw Kong. Wasn't too impressed. The close-ups looked amazing of the beast, but him in NYC looked horrible!! The story was just so long too. I usually don't mind length at all, but this dragged a bit too much for me. The entire island part was nice though!

Narnia is next on my list. Will post after I check it out and I am trying to keep my expectations to a limit....

stay away from Kong. Jackson chose a really horrible movie to remake. King Kong? story - woman finds beast, beast captures woman, beast is captured, beast escapes, beast is killed. there. The movie should have been under 2hrs. no excuse. there is no story. oooooh, jackson added dinosaurs. not impressed. impressed with visuals, but story had nothing to begin with. It just seems like a cute attempt to add the line, "beauty killed the beast". I love all of Jackson's other movies. He chose....poorly.
rent: Narnia.

Adidajs said:
stay away from Kong. Jackson chose a really horrible movie to remake. King Kong? story - woman finds beast, beast captures woman, beast is captured, beast escapes, beast is killed. there. The movie should have been under 2hrs. no excuse. there is no story. oooooh, jackson added dinosaurs. not impressed. impressed with visuals, but story had nothing to begin with. It just seems like a cute attempt to add the line, "beauty killed the beast". I love all of Jackson's other movies. He chose....poorly.
rent: Narnia.

There were dinosaurs in the original film....or at least one dinosaur :p

I saw the advert for Kong on my tv the other day, the scenes atop the empire state building were shown and had little to none of the impact they had on the big screen. If you've got a massive home cinema, go for Kong. I've not seen Narnia :p

I enjoyed them both.

Movies don't have to push the boundries of cinema to be good fun. I like to wake up on Sunday in the afternoon and watch something fun and disposable like Sinbad or, more to the point, King Kong and Narnia :) Rent em both.

I don't think either of them are that great. Narnia was decent, but it was aimed at younger people, meaning that it feels a lot less epic. How the witch dies at the end is almost hilariously bad.

Back