Who will/would you vote in the November US presidential election?

Who?

• George W. Bush [color=dimgray]no!!![/color]

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Wesley Clark

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Howard Dean

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • John Edwards

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • John Kerry [color=dimgray]yes!!![/color]

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Dennis Kukinich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Al Sharpton

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

Sprafa

Tank
Reaction score
I'm just posting this to know the US residents that can and will vote, to vote on their candidate.

Anyone familiarized can vote.

Please don't start another Anti-Bush thread....

Well, if I were a Democrat I would have voted in the primary for either Dean or Al Sharpton, but I can't because I'm a registered Independent. Now that Dean is esentially out of the race (and Sharpton never had a real chance of winning) guess it'll have to be John Kerry. While he's a little too Cliton-esque (read: moderate) for my tastes, if it comes down to a choice between him and Bush, who the hell do you think I'm going to pick?

I'll definitely be voting for Kerry, he's from my state anyway, and he's God compared to Bush.

I don't know, Dean's "I have a scream" speech was really weird.

"We're going to New England, to Texas (...) and we'll take back Washington!!!Yeeeaaagh!!!!"

Sprafa said:
I don't know, Dean's "I have a scream" speech was really weird.

"We're going to New England, to Texas (...) and we'll take back Washington!!!Yeeeaaagh!!!!"

Well, it only seemed weird because it was taken completely out of context and replayed about a million and a half times on the cable news netwroks. He just got caught up in the moment and yet out a little yelp of excitement. What in God's name is wrong with that? I mean, I feel for the guy. He was pegged as the frontrunner so early on that he was THE GUY to beat. Thus, all the media's scrutiny and candidate's attack campaigns were directed squarely at him. To me the "Dean Scream," is not nearly as scary and weird as any one of the hundreds of Bush clips I've seen over the past 3 years or so.

People say Bush looks like a monkey, then what does Dean look like? Honestly, if Dean became president, I'd move to Canada (well, I wouldn't ACTUALLY move.. but..).

who voted for bush? and why? seriously it would be interesting to know.

i don't know much about the candidates, but michael moore is backing wesley clark for some reason, must be something good about him.

Dedalus said:

i don't know much about the candidates, but michael moore is backing wesley clark for some reason, must be something good about him.

Oh god.

and is it me or did Pauly totally steal LoneDeRangers avatar?

Undecided , probably Bush.

I dont agree with everything the guy does , but hes not the ubar evil everyone bandwagons him as. We need a 4 more years of the constant and hard pressure on terrorism that weve had so far , I cannot place my faith in any of the Democratic candidates to do that. It is not worth taking the risk of having another 'Clinton Run: Somalia 2' scenario with John Kerry, terrorism must be crushed , buried.

Either Bush or Kerry. (yeah, I know that's not really a good answer, but don't even get me started about the radical psychos like Dean). Al Sharpton? :LOL: :LOL: That anti-semetic SOB? Give me a break :LOL:

So anyway, I like Bush, but Kerry seems like he's a bit more honest at least. I haven't decided yet.

LoneDeranger said:
Either Bush or Kerry. (yeah, I know that's not really a good answer, but don't even get me started about the radical psychos like Dean). Al Sharpton? :LOL: :LOL: That anti-semetic SOB? Give me a break :LOL:

So anyway, I like Bush, but Kerry seems like he's a bit more honest at least. I haven't decided yet.

why do you like bush and why are you voting for him?

Dedalus said:

Read my edit btw.

Michael Moore is discredited everywhere I visit , hes a kook(sp).

I'm thinking Kerry... Bush isn't totally out of the question, though.

I found nothing wrong with Dean's speech at all... I think it's great that he's THAT enthusiastic...
Well... I like all the democrats. Clark because he's a mean military man, Sharpton because he's cool (hehe, I just saw him on Jay Leno). Dean because he's pretty wild and as said above enthusiastic. And last but not least, Kerry because he seems like a nice and honest man, the most charming one of the democrates...

*EDIT* I'm not really an american, but I thought i'd bother you guys with my message anyway */EDIT*

Dedalus said:

- I liked the tax cuts.
- The economy is improving.
- I like his space initiative.
- He's tough on terrorism.
- He seems just like an average guy you would meet on the street, not some politician.

Now I didn't say I'm voting for him for sure, but it's a decision I will make closer to the Nov. election.

LoneDeranger said:
- I liked the tax cuts.
- He seems just like an average guy you would meet on the street, not some politician.

1. Ok ..everyone likes a taxcut

2. our budget defict is skyrocketing.....

3. He likes to put on a show so he can get relected. He makes me laugh whenever i watch his speaches...

4. I dont want an average guy(read: stupid) at the head of the most powerful nation on the planet...

DarkStar said:
but I can't because I'm a registered Independent.

John Kerry. While he's a little too Cliton-esque (read: moderate) for my tastes,

you can temporarily register as a democrat to vote in primaries...even if you're a republican.

and john kerry is a moderate? didn't you mean to say liberal? he votes right along with the most liberal senators on the hill.

but i agree that i'd vote for him over bush any day.

DimitriPopov said:
We need a 4 more years of the constant and hard pressure on terrorism that weve had so far , I cannot place my faith in any of the Democratic candidates to do that. It is not worth taking the risk of having another 'Clinton Run: Somalia 2' scenario with John Kerry, terrorism must be crushed , buried.

i don't understand why you think any of the democrats (who have a chance...i.e. kerry, clark, edwards) would stop pressure on terror. and i have no idea why you think that kerry would repeat any mistakes made by clinton...

and the reasons we were in somalia were fine...but aideed and the somali militia were underestimated.

LoneDeranger said:
- I liked the tax cuts.

who doesn't like some extra money? but imo, the economy doesn't work that way

LoneDeranger said:

how? did my girlfriend's dad get his job back yet? did the millions of other people out of work get jobs while i wasn't paying attention? did my friends who graduated from college last may get jobs yet? oh wait...no they didn't.

the economy is improving if you look at it from a rich person's point of view...the stock market is going up...but that only helps people with the money to invest. manufacturing jobs are still being lost...

LoneDeranger said:

i'm all for space exploration...but not in the middle of a war and economic problems. he just wants votes, imo...otherwise why not wait until the economy is better to try some space related spending?

LoneDeranger said:

and every president from now on will be as well.

LoneDeranger said:

the average guy you'd meet on the street doesn't have a father who was president, friends who donate millions to his campaign funds, and friends in companies like enron and halliburton.

LoneDeranger said:
Now I didn't say I'm voting for him for sure, but it's a decision I will make closer to the Nov. election.

glad you're keeping an open mind :p i know i am...if someone will please tell me how all these (what appear to be) insane things he's doing are going to help our country, i'd be glad to vote for bush.

also the immigration thing...how can you allow people who broke the law to get into the country to have amnesty all of a sudden? i agree that something needs to be done about illegal immigrants...but let's get a more secure border first and stop the inflow of illegals...then we can talk about what to do with the illegal immigrants that are already here.

I can't speak for those who will vote for him this November but I know for a fact the reason he "won" in 2000 was because he was a "good christian" as my classmate put it. I have yet to hear a different answer from anyone who voted for him in 2000.

Maskirovka said:
i don't understand why you think any of the democrats (who have a chance...i.e. kerry, clark, edwards) would stop pressure on terror. and i have no idea why you think that kerry would repeat any mistakes made by clinton...

and the reasons we were in somalia were fine...but aideed and the somali militia were underestimated.

Im not willing to risk that they MIGHT leave it unfinished. Currently we have a guy whom I know will get the job done with a low factor of restrictive R.O.E. Kerry protested in Vietnam , hes running on an anti-war plank. I dont think protesting Vietnam is altogether wrong but I feel he would be hesitant to get involved , a pitfall which has made most prior strikes at terrorism failures.

The reasons we were in Somalia were great , the fact that we ran away after one firefight was not so great.

Maskirovka said:
who doesn't like some extra money? but imo, the economy doesn't work that way
Maybe it wasn't a slam dunk, but I definatelly saw a positive effect.
Maskirovka said:
how? did my girlfriend's dad get his job back yet? did the millions of other people out of work get jobs while i wasn't paying attention? did my friends who graduated from college last may get jobs yet? oh wait...no they didn't.

I think recent data proves otherwise.

Maskirovka said:
the economy is improving if you look at it from a rich person's point of view...the stock market is going up...but that only helps people with the money to invest. manufacturing jobs are still being lost...

I think global trade policies are more at fault here then the economy is.

Maskirovka said:
i'm all for space exploration...but not in the middle of a war and economic problems. he just wants votes, imo...otherwise why not wait until the economy is better to try some space related spending?

I don't remember the economy being all that spectacular in the 50's and 60's and yet nobody complains about the moon missions today.

Maskirovka said:
and every president from now on will be as well.

I sure hope so ...

Maskirovka said:
the average guy you'd meet on the street doesn't have a father who was president, friends who donate millions to his campaign funds, and friends in companies like enron and halliburton.

I was talking more about his "cowboy" image and attitude.

Maskirovka said:
glad you're keeping an open mind :p i know i am...if someone will please tell me how all these (what appear to be) insane things he's doing are going to help our country, i'd be glad to vote for bush.

Yeah. I mean, I went on John Kerry's website and didn't find any info on space exploration. That not really great, IMO. I'm not going to be voting for a candidate until I know how he stands on all the important issues.

DimitriPopov said:
Im not willing to risk that they MIGHT leave it unfinished. Currently we have a guy whom I know will get the job done with a low factor of restrictive R.O.E. Kerry protested in Vietnam , hes running on an anti-war plank. I dont think protesting Vietnam is altogether wrong but I feel he would be hesitant to get involved , a pitfall which has made most prior strikes at terrorism failures.

The reasons we were in Somalia were great , the fact that we ran away after one firefight was not so great.

kerry isn't anti-war at all. he's anti-how-bush-went-about-the-war....just like the other candidates who have a chance to win.

kerry protested vietnam only after serving there...and your feeling that he would be "heasitant to get involved" is unfounded. we're already involved...he can't avoid it....the war on terror is here to stay, no matter if kerry, edwards, clark, or bush gets elected...imo, the election is about the other issues...iraq and terrorism is last on my list of importance....right behind the economy, health care, and education.

like i said...imo, the war on terror will be a part of our nation's agenda for a long time, no matter who is in office...democrat or republican. wait until you hear the debates i guess...you won't hear anything from either side about backing away from the war on terror once a democratic candidate is chosen and he and bush go at it.

and lonederanger...let's hear this "recent data" that proves otherwise. let's hear something besides "i definately saw a positive effect". what effect did you see? what recent data? and be more specific...don't just blame "global trade policies" for our economy's problems.

and our economy in the 50's was incredibly good...post WWII...tons of new industry and jobs...the GI's all came home and made something of themselves because they were so greatful to be home alive...tons of them went to college...the 50's economy was great.

anyway it doesn't matter...we have a weak economy and a war going on in iraq and afghanistan...as well as increased spending at home for the war on terror...it just doesn't seem like the right time to be spending more on space exploration...why not wait until next year or the year after when things are supposedly (according to bush) going to be better? if his tax cuts and economic policy are so great, why not just wait until things are better before announcing a space plan? imo, the vote of people like yourself.

also, don't forget which state has the most aerospace contractors...and mission control....yep...texas.

Maskirovka said:
why? c'mon don't just crack jokes.

Because I feel like it.

I think Bush is a good man, and does what he believes will benefit this country. We don't need to be on our knees, sucking the world's cock, like Clinton had this country doing. We're Americans.

I'm not voting for anyone, the only reason being I am too young. If I could vote, it would NOT be for Bush. Come on, the man started a war based off of lies and false intelligence. I don't care if Saddam was a bad guy or not, you do not start wars off false information. I mean, what is it with people? Is everyone blind? Clinton got a blow job, and everyone wanted his head (no pun intended or anything). Bush goes on about his life, with relatively little resistance from anyone, despite the shit he has pulled. I also don't respect him as a person either. He's a jerk from what I have read, and seen, and he is no less a politician than any other... politician. Now with his new space initiative... Bush couldn't give a shit about the earth and it's atmosphere, but he wants to go to Mars? Does that confuse anybody else?

Because I feel like it.

I think Bush is a good man, and does what he believes will benefit this country. We don't need to be on our knees, sucking the world's cock, like Clinton had this country doing. We're Americans.

That was by far the most idiotic thing you have ever said Ghost. Sucking the worlds cock? How about trying to keep some sort of ****ING PEACE with other countries?!?! We're Americans...what the **** does that mean?!? Lay off the goddamn patriotism and face the facts.

how did going to iraq benefit your country? It seems to me he does whatever benefits himself. Did u read my post called "Bush's Resume"

GhostValkyrie said:
Because I feel like it.

Sometimes I wonder why the rest of the world hates us so much and wants to ram airplanes into our office buildings. Then I read statements like this and realize why America is so disliked. Morons like yourself.

I'll tell you how Iraq benifits US:

No US troops in Saudi Arabia.

Do you remember why Bin Laden hates the US so much? Saudi Arabia is home to some of the holliest Muslim places on Earth, and Iraq .. well isn't.

So, in effect, we moved from a bigger problem to a much smaller one.

I mean it's about time we stand up for what's right. Rather than having political militaristic campaigns to please the UN(Somalia), we should be attacking targets like N. Korea. How dare you ask about my comment in such a tone. What peace is there? You think that our Military sitting around in harbors and on bases means there is peace? No, my friend, there is no peace. And with people like Kim Jong Il in power, there never will be.

Perhaps saying Bush is a good man is a bit quick. I don't know him, and I don't know his true intentions. I have heard of the New American Century, and of the Freemasonry. All I can say is that based off of what I have seen, I'm voting for Bush. Bush could be an evil man, but I don't know that. I know I support his space program, the War in Iraq and Afghanistan, stance against abortion, Faith based initiatives, and other programs.

Sorry if my comment offended you, but that's the way I feel. I feel like Clinton was selling this country out to it's enemies. How come the anti-Bush people can talk the shit all they want, but if you say one thing that makes them mad, they're all over you? Yeah, I know my comment a few weeks ago was really rough, but that was one time I've put someone down. You guys do it to Bush supporters, and Pro-Americans all the time. Why? Why do you people hate us so much?

JonTheCanuck said:
how did going to iraq benefit your country? It seems to me he does whatever benefits himself. Did u read my post called "Bush's Resume"

No, not yet. Sorry.

BTW: You all say, "Why didn't we go to N. Korea?". But, when we do, you'll all protest. My stereotype for the day.

GhostValkyrie said:
I mean it's about time we stand up for what's right. Rather than having political militaristic campaigns to please the UN(Somalia), we should be attacking targets like N. Korea. How dare you ask about my comment in such a tone. What peace is there? You think that our Military sitting around in harbors and on bases means there is peace? No, my friend, there is no peace. And with people like Kim Jong Il in power, there never will be.

Perhaps saying Bush is a good man is a bit quick. I don't know him, and I don't know his true intentions. I have heard of the New American Century, and of the Freemasonry. All I can say is that based off of what I have seen, I'm voting for Bush. Bush could be an evil man, but I don't know that. I know I support his space program, the War in Iraq and Afghanistan, stance against abortion, Faith based initiatives, and other programs.

Sorry if my comment offended you, but that's the way I feel. I feel like Clinton was selling this country out to it's enemies. How come you come anti-Bush people can talk the shit all they want, but if you say one thing that makes them mad, they're all over you? Yeah, I know my comment a few weeks ago was really rough, but that was one time I've put someone down. You guys do it to Bush supporters, and Pro-Americans all the time. Why? Why do you people hate us so much?

You see that's the problem, you want to go right in and attack targets, like North Korea. North Korea seems to want to give up it's Nuclear weapons program in order to gain a position in the gobal economy, as it's economy is in awful shape. I think Kim would rather see his regime live on, than keep the nuclear weapons program. There can be peace, with people like BUSH in power, there never will be.

Don't worry about offending me, say whatever the hell you damn well want to say, put me down, be offensive, I don't care one way or the other. If you want to know why I hate bush supporters so much, well, they are ignorant...you are ignorant. I am sick and tired of ignorant people, people who are so full of shit, and so gullible that they are willing to put bush back into office after all that he has done. Also, please, don't think you're "Pro-American" and I'm somehow, Anti-American. I'm American, plain and simple, and I can see where we ae headed with leaders like Bush. I don't know what it is that people see in him...maybe it's because I'm not a Texan or something.

LoneDeranger said:
I'll tell you how Iraq benifits US:

No US troops in Saudi Arabia.

Do you remember why Bin Laden hates the US so much? Saudi Arabia is home to some of the holliest Muslim places on Earth, and Iraq .. well isn't.

So, in effect, we moved from a bigger problem to a much smaller one.

Uhh...We still have many, many US troops in Saudi Arabia.

DarkStar said:
Uhh...We still have many, many US troops in Saudi Arabia.

REALLY?

Washington has already withdrawn its forces from Saudi Arabia and is working on plans to realign the 100,000 U.S. troops in the Western Pacific, South Korea and Japan.

EDIT: Vote for whoever you want, but please stick to the facts.

LoneDeranger: I stand corrected. Lets hope this actually happens.

qckbeam said:
You see that's the problem, you want to go right in and attack targets, like North Korea. North Korea seems to want to give up it's Nuclear weapons program in order to gain a position in the gobal economy, as it's economy is in awful shape. I think Kim would rather see his regime live on, than keep the nuclear weapons program. There can be peace, with people like BUSH in power, there never will be.

Over 600,000 South and North Koreans are in "Political Containment Camps" as of March last year. I don't want to my country to be an ally to such a government. Kim Jong Il is blatantly evil. I want him gone.

As for Bush, I don't like everything he does. I don't like a lot of the things he's done before being president. So, don't you dare call me a gullible person. I don't trust my Govt., nor do I trust Bush. I trust no one, but I prefer Bush over the competition. Maybe I should rephrase what I said earlier.

I want my country to have a strong Military. I want the UN to give us more credit than simply a box to open when something goes wrong in a country it's losing power in. I don't want my country to be sold out to it's enemies, and to take care of possible threats. We're Americans.

Some of you may call Iraq illegal. At least it had congressional approval and had a past UN Resolution supporting it, unlike Clinton's Air Strikes against Iraq, or the UN's bombing of a hospital in Mogadishu. How's that for illegal, and false information?

Now, I supported Clinton's Air Strikes because the enemy was a valid enemy, but they are ammunition against claims of Iraq being illegal. So, please don't think I am denouncing them.

Yeah, when I think about it, I sometimes think Bush could have false intentions. But, I'm willing to risk a leader who's trying to get America oil, than a leader who is going to sell us out. Maybe he really didn't give a shit about the Iraqis, I don't know. But, they're nolonger under Saddam's reign, and that makes me happy.

I will be honest, when Kerry first started running, I did consider voting for him. And, if Bush happens to really screw something up, I may do so. But, as of this moment, I plan to vote for Bush.

DarkStar said:
LoneDeranger: I stand corrected. Lets hope this actually happens.

Yeah .. part of the problem is the liberal media tries to hide things like that and everybody has the wrong idea. It took me a while to even find that article on Google.

lol...do you understand that N. Korea has a 1,000,000 man army? do you understand that they've been preparing for a war with S. Korea and our troops based there since the hostilities in Korea ended? do you understand that if they decided to come after S. Korea that we wouldn't be able to stop them?

i didn't, and haven't protested the war in iraq. i fully support bush on it (except the way he screwed up our relations with our allies.) saddam hussein lost the first gulf war in 1991. as part of that loss, he agreed to disarm and dismantle his weapons programs. he did not do so...so he's out...done...good riddance. imo, it was worth 500+ lives, especially since the world was under the impression that he had more active weapons programs.

in the wake of 9/11, knowing you had the american people to protect, would you have sat there while saddam did whatever he wanted and laughed in the face of the world? i hope not. i wouldn't have.

though i fail to see your rationale for the way you feel about clinton. you say he was "selling us out to our enemies"...what evidence is there of that and what does that even mean?

and how dare you even bring your tone into this type of discussion...talking about how we, as a country, are on our knees sucking the cock of the world...and then accuse people of having some sort of problem with that kind of statement! i think even bush would have a problem with you saying that.

and i agree with qckbeam...N. Korea will come around once Kim Jong Il realizes that if he plays nice, the rest of the world will help him out. they'd rather give up their nukes in exchange for some economic prosperity. if you look at a sattelite map of N. Korea, it's freaking black at night....S. Korea is all lit up. maybe N. Korea should be using those nuke reactors to produce electricity for its people instead of weapons. but diplomacy is just beginning there (as president bush said today on "meet the press") and you think we should attack them and their huge, highly prepared army on its own soil? i think i'm glad you're not our president...or anything more than some ignorant dude from texas.

ok listen bush fans, you go ahead and you vote bush back into office, we'll see how the world is in four years time, then i'll stop by the hospital you're in and buy you some flowers and grapes for your bullet wounds.

bunch of thickos if you ask me.

Back