winston churchill movie replaces the great british leader with an american grunt.

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.futuremovies.co.uk/review.asp?ID=273

they have completely f*ked this up.

after seeing a clip from it on "film 2004" with jonathan ross, i had to search for this and show you.

Winston churchill- one of the best morale inspiring leaders we ever had- has been replaced with a cigar chewing, american speaking grunt who runs across the battlefeild beheading his foes and confronting hitler in a one on one.

WHAT???

they have discraced a decent name, i am furious. i wouldnt care if they made elvis presley suddenly become james bond or something, but churchill is one of the greatest leaders the UK has seen, and he is respected by all of us, then to deface him and make him AMERICAN is an outrage!!!! this is crap!!!

what are your veiws on the matter? :)

i think it's a piece of satire, and should be treated as such, ie. wipe it off the bottom of your feet once you're done trampling over it ;)

have any of you seen the orange adverts at the cinema where the directors of orange come up with ridiculous movies and deface classics, giving them "mobile phones" and things?

well seriously, i bet whoever thought of this movie got his ideas off one of those adverts.

head.slap.hand

How silly.

Good job it looks like it's a crap movie.

crap film, lets move on and let it go to the deep dark caverns of dvd shops where nobody goes....

It's a comedy, it's not meant to be taken seriously! It's poking fun at Hollywood and how they twist and distort facts more than it's poking fun at Winston Churchill.

Whether it'll be a good comedy reamins to be seen.

But Winston Churchill did go one-on-one with Hitler.

Didn't he?

Oh wait, that was Hot Shots part Deux, minus the Churchill. Or the Hitler. Ahem.

Wow Suicide you need to take a few deep breaths. The film is obviously satire and a comedy and not ment to disrespect Churchill, damn man lighten up..

I think it looks funny, making fun of action movies and hollywood.

Relax Suicide, i think it's more a British Hot Shots movie then anything serious. I don't mind this movie, it's movies like U351, or something, that should be banished for claiming that American troops accomplished things that they didn't, bloody Hollywood. Well, you know how it goes "History is written by the victor", well, it seems the only victor in WW2 was America...

Looks really darned funny to me, although the reviewer wasn't impressed.

well to be honest, i wrote that before i saw the trailer, and the way jonathan ross explained it it sounded like it was being serious.

but seriously this is gonna offend a LOT of war veterans.

I think its mainly a british film. SLater was over here doing theatre when he got together with the creator of stella street.

It may be funny. Reeves and Mortimor, as well as Rik Mayall. I will watch it.

cmon, dont get furious over this sort of stuff m8, its jus a movie..
we all know how the real churchill was a great leader anyway :D

Wow, that movie looks hilarious. I'm definately seeing that as soon as I can, anyone know if its to-be-released, or what?

I think that the first few people that commented need to take a grain of salt. Or something.

The movie looks awful, i dont like these terrible slapstick movies that are just designed for kids to sit and giggle at while they tear up all shreds of historical fact, the kids in school really will think Churchill was an American Marine...

oldagerocker said:
The movie looks awful, i dont like these terrible slapstick movies that are just designed for kids to sit and giggle at while they tear up all shreds of historical fact, the kids in school really will think Churchill was an American Marine...
What is wrong with that? It isn't too far from the truth, all they got wrong was that he was a marine(he was actually in the Army).

Genuinely looks like the crappest film ever made. Winston Churchill is the greatest leader that ever lived.

what about peace in our time?

i'll give you peace....a peace of hitlers ass

God, you people are so nationalistic. It's really quite stupid, if you ask me.

Just because someone was the "greatest leader of all time" doesn't mean you can't poke fun at him... does everything have to be "in honor" of him? C'mon, lighten up, its obviously just a joke...

Tinneth said:
Genuinely looks like the crappest film ever made. Winston Churchill is the greatest leader that ever lived.
I am not so sure about the greatest leader...

Foxtrot said:
I am not so sure about the greatest leader...

I am.

By the way I wasnt moaning that they shouldnt make fun of him cause of who he was and what he done. Just giving my opinion of him and my opinion of what the film looks like.

mortiz said:
It's a comedy, it's not meant to be taken seriously! It's poking fun at Hollywood and how they twist and distort facts more than it's poking fun at Winston Churchill.

Whether it'll be a good comedy reamins to be seen.
Thank God someone realises that it's intended to be ironic.
The potential's there but it'll probably be a bit rubbish. <Sighs>

Jesus, nothing personal or anything but I love how you accuse Americans of being overly patriotic and then you get your panties in a wad over some stupid comedy being made. The British are famous for their sense of humor yet the irony and parody in the whole movie went right over your heads.

How could you possibly be offended by that? Unless you're too dim to notice that it was poking fun at the American sense of "history belongs to us, blow everything up" as well as Hollywoods insistence on distorting historical fact.

There have been countless spoofs reducing famous American leaders such as Patton, Lincoln, Washington, and FDR to dumbass country folk or a retarded cripple. There really isn't some kind of huge uproar about it, it's just taken with a grain of salt. I don't see what the big deal is, there are tons of crappy slap stick movies similar to this.

smw scott, yes i agree with what youre saying, but i would also be annoyed is they made a spoof movie about a great american leader like... err.... well, names arent the point, but the fact is i havent ever seen one. plus i dont think americans are over patriotic myself, in fact i like patriotism. nothing wrong with a bit of patriotism ;)

and before any of you start flaming me about how its just a comedy, as i stated before, i didnt actually know this was a comedy when i posted here... i thought it was slightly serous (i only saw a short clip on jonathan ross).

Back