[WIP] Circus Expansion Pack

superaldo

Reaction score
Hi everyones! :3

first, sorry for my english
maybe some people remember me, I was the creator of the Heavy bear

In that moment my idea was to create a -Animal pack-, but for some reason with my regualar job, I was forced to stop this project, also I was alone in order to try to finish that,. so I try to finish just the heavy-bear as much as I could and gift to the entire community of tf2

Well now I'm happy to get started a new project for the tf2 community and with the help of two of my best friends and of course all of yours can help us with suggest and painting, texturing, modeling, compiler, etc,.

we hope to finish this because we really love TF2.

Now we are happy to present:

Circus Expansion Pack

DAY 1#
so far we divided the tasks in this way:

Gino (steam id: clamirica) 3d modeling and level design
Michael (steam id: michaelyantas) 3d modeling and 2d concept art
Aldo (steam id: lynda24) 3d modeling, animation and compiler

this pack will be include new mapping environment, custom characters and if is posible a new gameplay using four teams (red, blue, yellow and green)
right now we have solved these characters:
pyro = clown
heavy = strongman
spy = mime
scout = acrobat

//any suggestions will be appreciated

now we like to start with a short story about what happen with the heavy-bear and how he goes into a circus

outside01.jpg

tired of living surrounded by death and gunpowder, heavy bear decided to work in a circus ..

inside01.jpg

in the end you can't change who you are ..

inside04.jpg

.. still updates

//any suggestions will be appreciated

LOL. I think this has potential - certainly ahead of most other mods by miles in terms of concept art.

Would I be stupid to want a hide and seek type of game mode? Team red are a bunch of circus performers running for their lives and only carrying a pistol or a machete, while team blue are the animals.

Those pictures are jaw-dropping. :eek: That Michael fellow is a very very talented guy.

I would have said Pyro would work better as a Fire-eater and save Clown for Engineer. And have Demoman as a Lion-tamer with a chair as his melee weapon. And then have Soldier as the Ring-master.

The Fire-eater could then be female, as we all know the Pyro is, and could, instead of having a flamethrower, breathe fire as per:

Fire%20eater.jpg

And to prove there were female fire-eaters:

336_Fire%20Eater%20copy.JPG

Lion-tamer:

The_Lion_Tamer_by_gatcat.jpg

Looking at Ring-master on Google brings up similar pictures to Lion-tamer, so I'm not really sure about my suggestion now.

Hope that gives you a couple of ideas though.

Ring master / Lion Tamer would be pretty good for the demoman I would have thought (he also has the top hat).

Other options: Juggler / stilt walker / tight rope walker / human canonball / sword swallower / knife thrower.

Really glad you're working on another project again, it's a shame you couldn't see the animals one through. Also...spy as mime artist will be amazing.

Knife thrower would be an awesome option for the Spy or Sniper.

Anyway, hope this goes well - Should be awesome! :D

I think the Scout would make the best ringmaster. "Ey pallie, what'sa matter, too tired to stand on your back legs? You make me sick!" *whipcrack*

thank you all, for yours suggestions
I also think of the lion tamer is perfect for the demoman or for the medic.
also another clown, i think two clowns will be great

ps// in a moment i will post more pic's

Loving the concept art!

Would love to maybe join you as a mapper/modeller but I'm currently too busy with uni. :(

hello to all the community, I'm michael and make concept art, scenes, color. for this expansion of tf2, I have seen the suggestions and I am glad that people like the idea, uhm any suggestions my email and some samples of my work to the blog http://michaelyantas.blogspot.com/

"Ya laughin' at my tights punk? Oh ho, I know ya aint laughin' at my tights chucklehead."

Hello Here I give the first sketches of the map ctf_circus, missing even make many corrections, and solve some access, but we're working on it, I wanted to tell you that it seemed a good idea to make respanws, are the dressing rooms of the clowns,

map01r.jpg

we make a simple model in 3dmax, in order to understand better the space between teams
I let yo see some images for you consideration

colage01.jpg

persp01.jpg

Oh wow, I hope this becomes a reality, it's absolutely awesome looking.

Thank you all for your comments!

here the concept art for heavy and pyro

pyro_comp.jpg

heavy_comp.jpg

The pictures look very creative and detailed, but a bit scary at the same time.

hello!
yes the pyro is a little scary :p

here a preview of the concept art for the Sniper
sniper_comp.jpg

absolutely fantastic work, i think the only thing i would change on that sniper is to make the jacket khaki to fit in more with the indian-hunter asthetic, other than that everything in this thread is golden.

Hey Everyone
We want to share with the community some of our experiences in this project, last week was Superaldo´s birthday and we celebrate it.
Also I take this chance to give the address to the Circus Expansion Pack blog,
http://circusexpansionpack.blogspot.com/
this blog will be updated as the forums with the project advances, and we hope that you guys can follow us in the blog. We are happy to have the community support.

caldo06.jpg

This all looks wonderful. And I agree with Vegeta's sentiment: you guys need to join Valve.

I take it the Soldier is the human Cannon ball?

This is damn awesome. You guys have some great talent! The models and concept art look great!

Back