[WIP] - rp_d3_c27

G

GreenPepper

Currently working on a dystopian, Half-Life 2 leak-inspired roleplay map intended for the Freedom4Gamers community. The map incorporates different themes from both the retail and original concept art of Half-Life 2. Other sources of inspiration I've had are from Blade Runner, Tim Burton's Batman (1989) and even somewhat from the Oddworld series.

Very *early* screenshots are shown below, lighting and other entities are still being worked on, many changes will be made until any official release.
9882531_orig.jpg

6702435_orig.jpg

3322581_orig.jpg

More information:
Official thread: http://www.freedom4gamers.net/index.php?topic=38.0

Any and all feedback will be very much appreciated.

Sounds interesting. I used to spend a lot of my time messing around on Gmod Roleplay servers, but I stopped thanks to an annoying rotation of crappy maps and a lack of change or originality. While it seems way too early to talk about your map or rate it properly as an RP experience, I can at least appreciate that you're trying something new - just be careful if you're looking to use original assets from the HL2 leak. Replicating themes and assets from the original leak is fine, just don't use the assets themselves.

It'd be pretty nice if you should share a wider variety of screenshots too, as it currently looks as if your map has one extremely dark train station which you took screenshots of at three slightly different angles. Some more variety would definitely go along way.

Replicating themes and assets from the original leak is fine, just don't use the assets themselves.

It'd be pretty nice if you should share a wider variety of screenshots too, as it currently looks as if your map has one extremely dark train station which you took screenshots of at three slightly different angles. Some more variety would definitely go along way.

From a isolationist community (about two years old), from our recent surveys you should not even consider moving back into the HL2RP scene, it is much worse than you likely remember it to be. A lot of degeneration is happening out there, every community is the same thing, all claiming to have the same features and all wanting the most amount of players possible. Not to mention the large-scale plagiarism that occurs between communities, the whole situation is a cluster of "things gone wrong".

Can't provide a variety of screenshots as the map is currently under deep revision. I am not planning on using any unauthorized assets, the train you see there is a custom brush and solely based off the original train in concept art. All other content such as decals and textures are either custom (created by me) or provided with the Episodic/retail content.

More images to come as I continue my work on the map, but thanks for providing some feedback :)

I expect no more than 50 smokestack effects from such an industrial area!

Added three new screenshots to the OP, will be adding a video sometime later today.

I like what I see in the video but I have a few complaints:

1. The pillars look like they should be metal or grey stone or something else that contrats with the floor and background, not concrete. The texture just looks wrong to me

2. The train should not have a light coming out of it's rear side, only it's front should be lit

3. The machine does not look obviously interact-able and the buttons do not look pushable

otherwise it looks fantastic! Keep up the good work!

I like what I see in the video but I have a few complaints:

1. The pillars look like they should be metal or grey stone or something else that contrats with the floor and background, not concrete. The texture just looks wrong to me

2. The train should not have a light coming out of it's rear side, only it's front should be lit

3. The machine does not look obviously interact-able and the buttons do not look pushable

otherwise it looks fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Suggestions acknowledged, I appreciate the feedback.

Back