Black Mesa Media Update 2

Looking nice so far :D
Good to see things have got back on track of it being close to the original material, as opposed to a reimagining.

-Angry Lawyer

Please man, you know thats not Half-Life with Source engine. Just some polished effects from Source. Like the water

Which is what happens when the dumb dumbs have inflated anticipations of something that was never intended to be what it was they were expecting.

Which is what happens when the dumb dumbs have inflated anticipations of something that was never intended to be what it was they were expecting.

Can you please explain what you mean by that?

Oh come on, ffs everyone knows it isn't really 'Half-Life in Source', it's more some tiny bits in Source. :sleep:
Please man, you know thats not Half-Life with Source engine. Just some polished effects from Source. Like the water
So...it's Half-Life 1 running on the Source engine (By its very deffinition) but it is not, according to you, infact, really 'Half-Life in Source' or 'Half-Life with the Source engine'. Let's ask wikipedia.
What's fun in watching 8-year-old low-poly models ragdoll into dx9-shaded water, surrounded by 19th-century textures ?
When did I say it was fun? BTW, I doubt that any texture used in Half-Life: Source were made in the 19th centuary, infact, I would incredibly supprised if a sinlge part of the Half-Life series had been finished by the end of the 19th centuary.

The man implied that no one could not like Half-Life on the Source engine (Not Half-Life 1 with better graphics or different gameplay, simply Half-Life 1 on the Source engine). I merely pointed out that such a product is already available.

the point of HL source was to show that porting HL mods to source was possible

apparently it was either far too hard/completely pointless gimmick for modmakers to make use of

Rim-Fire, are you saying that the Black Mesa mod isn't the original Half-Life in the Source engine?

And Samon, now I get ya :)

Rim-Fire, are you saying that the Black Mesa mod isn't the original Half-Life in the Source engine?
I merely pointed out that such a product is already available.
I didn't even mention Black Mesa.

And no, I don't consider Black Mesa to be the original Half-Life on the Source engine because they are changing things, that imediatly makes it NOT the original Half-Life on the Source engine. I am not saying that to bad-mouth or critisise the mod, just saying it as a fact.

It doesn't look like they've changed a great deal, and it is a remake - I think you're being an eeensy bit pedantic and almost protective.

WTF are we getting so uptight about this HL1 and Source SHIT?

WHO CARES. WE ALL KNOW IT STILL LOOKS SHIT.

Now back to the discussion of Black Mesa: Source.

THe most awesome mod around!

WTF are we getting so uptight about this HL1 and Source SHIT?

WHO CARES. WE ALL KNOW IT STILL LOOKS SHIT.

Now back to the discussion of Black Mesa: Source.

THe most awesome mod around!
I for one don't think Half-Life: Source looks shit at all.

I think the Anomalous Materials chapter is my favorite now. Good work by Campaignjunkie. :)

He's made some great improvements to the look of certain areas that really needed a makeover like here:
mr7_am1.jpg

And in other areas, he's kept things the same, adding just a new coat of paint:
anomalous_02.jpg

I love the subtle details in the two above screens, particularly the lights. Some are burnt out in the second shot, and there's some lights on the round desk and three up on the top cylinder in the first one. The wall in the second shot looks really authentic. And for the main entrance, if those monitors really work like the TVs/Breencasts in Half-Life 2 this will really make me happy. :D

Yeh, I like it more besides its lack of autosaves. Runs smoother.

I just think this is the most fantastic looking HL2 mod to date. I have no idea how anyone could complain, this is professional quality work and that's that, what's there to bicker about?

Impressive. I like the look of Residue Processing.

Still no female assassin. I want ze BOUNCING BOOBS!
They didnt play that big a role in the game...what about a female marine model for every now and again?

I didn't even mention Black Mesa.

And no, I don't consider Black Mesa to be the original Half-Life on the Source engine because they are changing things, that imediatly makes it NOT the original Half-Life on the Source engine. I am not saying that to bad-mouth or critisise the mod, just saying it as a fact.

Right you are. They will change alot to make it like a new game experience, but hey, it's still Half-Life and it's based on the same storyline. But if you think ANY change from the original doesn't make it Half-Life in Source then it's probably better to call it by it's proper name;

Black Mesa

These guys are pros. I seriously cant believe how they arnt getting payed for something like this. Houndeye animations looks insane. The level design is phenomenal

I wouldn't mind if Valve hired them and then updated HL:S (as well as HLDM: S) with the graphical updates and other, possible updates.

Or even better; they working on it together with the BM team... but I wouldn't see this happen 'till Episode 3 comes out.

They didnt play that big a role in the game...

Your point?

The assassins were one of the more interesting enemies in the original IMO, especially because they were the only really challenging enemy ever encountered in the game. That's why I'm looking forward to see what the BM team can do with her.

...what about a female marine model for every now and again?

IIRC the team has already discussed this and, what I can remember, they won't include any female counterpart to the grunts.

From what I've heard, they didn't even start to build Xen yet, so the release will still take a whole while (Xen is 3 chapters so it might take a long time).

I wouldn't mind if Valve hired them and then updated HL:S (as well as HLDM: S) with the graphical updates and other, possible updates.

Or even better; they working on it together with the BM team... but I wouldn't see this happen 'till Episode 3 comes out.

The great thing about the Half-Life universe is that it inspires other talented people to join in on the fray. You'll never know what comes next.

Your point?
My point was simply that, that you didnt seem them alot. I think it would be good to get some more females into the game thats all, it'd add some variety. The assassins were quite a good enemy.

My point was simply that, that you didnt seem them alot.

I see, and I agree. Too sparse.

I think it would be good to get some more females into the game thats all, it'd add some variety.

There has been some talk, over at the Black Mesa forums that they've thought about adding female scientists. I'd think that would be a great idea. Perhaps a developer here could confirm this?

The assassins were quite a good enemy.

icon6.gif
icon14.gif

Female Sci's will exist, that is all, Rose is already well underway.

However, females have no place in front line forces and therefore won't be seen as marines.

Back