Car Crash

Fender357

Reaction score
Tonight I was out with friends.......long story short some of my friends went in another car (even though they didnt really have to) It was about midnight and we went our seprate ways (literaly). Me, my girlfriend, Ryan, and his girlfriend Britny, were all in his suburban taking his gf home. In the other car was Ryan's sister Sara, here boyfriend John, Eric, Stevie, and Jamie.
Anyway...we both were going along on this one street and then they took a left turn and we took a right turn. About 3 minutes later we got a call from Sara saying they'd been in an accident. So we flipped a bitch and headed that way fast.
When we got there the cops let us up close since it was Ryans sister. Luckily they crashed around a college frat area, so there were cops all around and I think one was there in like less than a minute.
Sara, John, and Jamie were fairly ok. Just some cuts and stuff.
But Eric (who was driving), and Stevie werent so good.
Eric was the worse off, I dont really know the details but Jamie said he was missing some of his head (but she over exagerates A LOT) They had to take Eric and Stevie to the hospital, but it couldnt have been too bad because the ambulances' didnt speed off right away. I think they were just woried about neck injuries.
But just about every cop and medical person there said they all should have been dead (they always say that though )
Anyway.......long story short I had my digital camera with me.......I wasnt taking pictures at first ( i thought someone might get pissed off) but then after Ryan was done talking to his sister he came over to me and said " why the f*** arent you taking pictures?"
So I did.
They arent great, but I tryed to stay as steady as possible. I was kinda shaking anyway, the whole thing just kinda freaked me out.

Oh yeah....what happend with their car was......They were going downhill too fast, Eric lost control of the car, went onto the right side of the road...like the side walk......ran over 5 of those little trees they have out there. Then went up onto the side past the sidewalk, which was an upward slope kinda thing. Then I think they sort of hit a wall that was sticking out. This is the part Im not sure on.......either they flipped twice(in the air) or they rolled twice. It didnt really look like the car rolled. All the debree was in one area right by the car. So.....yeah..........****in scarry.

202321.JPG

202322.JPG

202324.JPG

202326.JPG

202327.JPG

202328.JPG

202329.JPG

202320.JPG

202336.JPG

202337.JPG

202341.JPG

202342.JPG

202343.JPG

202344.JPG

202345.JPG

202347.JPG

202348.JPG
Crazy night.

First let me say, I hope everyone comes out of this okay.

About your photos: some of them are actually quite good (the one w/a friend sitting on the curb, lights blooming out in the center comes to mind), artistically speaking. Also, good effect having an open shutter & no flash, getting the ghost images (such as ambulance with ghosted paramedics w/stretcher). I might just nab a couple of these when I get home! :cheers:

btw, just b/c an ambulance doesn't speed off, don't get the impression things are fine & everyone's having a coffee break. It could be very serious indeed, and that they are working to stabilize inside the rig, sometimes driving very slowly in order to assist with lifesaving and/or decrease trauma. But let's hope you're right in this case.

they're lucky, indeed. they had their seat belts on (? fastened their seat belts?),didn't they? did the driver drink something?

i myself am pretty careful when i drive at night, since i already had one incident, where i could've been pretty fked. like one half a year ago, when i was driving on a highway (autobahn thingy in germany without speed limit) downhill in a left curve/ corner (?) with 110 mph the left front tire blew up. if the curve had been the other way round, right side, i had "kissed" the metal fence between the two directions, usually you won't be able to use your car anymore after such an accident o_O. i was so pissed i didn't touch it the next 3 days.

p.s. try to brake with 3 tires, it took like one mile for me to stop it without crashing into one of the trucks around me driving at 55mph.

wow, it sounds like everyone is ok.

i had a car crash too a couple of weeks back (on my birthday no less). the driver had a broken thumb and a gashed head, the passenger in the front had a fractures arm and bits of glass embedded into his skull. the other two passengers had bruised lip and broken nose and a broken jaw respectively. me? i was sitting in the middle, without a seatbelt, and walked away without a scratch. my hair got messed up though. we went head first into the side of a lorry that was trying to do a U-turn at the traffic lights (not a wise choice).

so i know how they must be feeling. hope everyone's ok and laughing about it in a weeks time.

My mad friend Noddy's crashed his car twice in as many months. On his third car now. Luckily he wasn't hurt either time.

Originally posted by Solidarnosi
http://www.digitalstar.com/fender357/images/202320.JPG

Taking a closer look at home. This one's cool, looks like those two guys found the Predator's cloaking device!

Yeah I know! It looks so weird. Im not really sure how that could happen. You can see that the car is a little blury from my movment, but at the point where you can see through the guy, its really distorted. The reason you can see through the guy though is because they were moving and I had the shutter open for about a second.

The other thing that made me pretty sure that Eric wasn too bad off was the fact that there wasnt blood all over the place. There was just some on the sidewalk and I think that was from Stevie, He left a full bloody hand print on the sidewalk.....shoulda got a picture....but my gf really would have been pissed off :eek:

Im not sure who....if any of them were wearing seatbelts. Im betting Eric wasnt. But there was no drinking or drugs involved. Im sure it would have seemed that way though since we were right by Fullerton College.

hope everyone's ok and laughing about it in a weeks time.

Knowing the kind of people they all are, they'll love the pictures I took.

Oh and Salidarnosi.....go to digitalstar.com and search for fender to find my folder. That way you can look through all of my pics and see the crash ones at full size(huge).

Originally posted by Fender357
Im not sure who....if any of them were wearing seatbelts. Im betting Eric wasnt.

not good, not good at all. here it's outlawed to drive without seat belts. i alway fasten em. everybody should o_O. it once happends that i fastened it although i was not going to drive enywhere, it was a kinda reflex(sp?)

Im pretty sure its the law in all of the US that you have to wear them. They're just the kind of people they dont really always wear them, just because they're idiots.

But just about every cop and medical person there said they all should have been dead (they always say that though )
They do always say that, they said it to my uncle and my dad when they crashed, i think i know why too; they want you to drive much more careful from now on.

Anywho, i hope your friends are alright.

That's true about the seatbelts. I always wear mine when I'm drivin' around, and I'm only 16 :p (most people I know at my school don't wear them. I try to set an example ;) hehe).

Hope all of them are alright. Great pictures, also. Would you mind if I possibly used one (or a few) of them in some art of mine?

Originally posted by NSPIRE
Would you mind if I possibly used one (or a few) of them in some art of mine?

Sure, of corse. Give me some credit though when you get rich.

Oddly this was good training since I want to be a profesional photographer.

Originally posted by NSPIRE
That's true about the seatbelts. I always wear mine when I'm drivin' around, and I'm only 16 :p (most people I know at my school don't wear them. I try to set an example ;) hehe).

guess i always wear them cuz one of my friends had an accident many years ago. they were on a highway and suddenly a tire blew up (remember what i wrote as first post? :dozey: ) he and his sis didn't wear their seatbelts while their parents were. they both flew out of the car. he now has one blind eye. but his sis died a few hours? later..dunno exactly about that, i think she died in the helicopter.

I won't let anyone in my car unless they are wearing a seatbelt. That's my car rule...lol. It works though. I wish more people would do that. There are so many teens that just don't give a damn, and they are the ones that need to wear them the most!

hehe, yeah. if i've got to get some of my brothers friends somewhere (e.g. skate hall thingy) they always don't use em unless i tell them "hey. i'm not going to pay the fine if a cop stops us and i think YOU can't afford it."

I think most of the people around where I live wear seatbelts. Thinking of it as "uncool" has got to be one the the stupidest things ever.

I'd like to bump this thread and also say that I found out today that Eric (the one who got hurt the most) is ok.

He just had to get about 16 staples in his head:|

Well, now you can give him a new nickname: "Frankenstein".

:E

Seriously, glad he's okay.:thumbs:

Originally posted by Brian Damage
Well, now you can give him a new nickname: "Frankenstein".

:E

Seriously, glad he's okay.:thumbs:

I was just thinking about calling him Staples.

Back