Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo on the 20th

Anyone know cheats? I want to mess around with the physics.

nope, dont think there are any cheats available (yet at least)

And yeah, pacfist is the only way :(
I didn't like shooting everything in the first game :)
But I did Like killing them all silently with my knife which i put on full skills lol. But in this game stealth is IMPOSIBLE. The game is designed so it can not be acheived. The stun gun thing makes one hell of alot of noise. As does the knife as it takes 20 hits to kill or sumthin!!! I can no longer use stealth/skill(headshots)

So I wont buy the game still :(

Well the first splinter cell demo was extremely buggy, when the second demo came out soon after, many bugs and glitches were fixed. By the time it went retail, it was practically bug free. (I have it, I know.)

So don't let your hopes down, if it is buggy at retail, there's always patches. (cough *tribes* cough)

I have heard repeatedly thats its gone gold allready....

Please be patches!!! PLEASE!!!!! :p

These problems aren't *bugs* guys, sorry to throw a bucket of cold water on you - this is the game, period.

It would be unthinkable for any game these days of any size not to have a constant streem of patches for it.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
nope, dont think there are any cheats available (yet at least)

And yeah, pacfist is the only way :(
I didn't like shooting everything in the first game :)
But I did Like killing them all silently with my knife which i put on full skills lol. But in this game stealth is IMPOSIBLE. The game is designed so it can not be acheived. The stun gun thing makes one hell of alot of noise. As does the knife as it takes 20 hits to kill or sumthin!!! I can no longer use stealth/skill(headshots)

So I wont buy the game still :(

Funny, maybe you just don't have a thing for stealth. ;)

But anyways there are weapon mods that silence your weapon and supress muzzle flash. :)

Yeah, I have heard about those silencers and that but still.

The knife from behind should be a leathal take down with little noise, you have gota admit that. :)

And I LOVE stealth, its the only way to go. My name on games is the "GingerNinja" (Don't Laugh :p)
So I get alot of practice. I reckon I am reasonable at all the sneaking malarlky! :)

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
And I LOVE stealth, its the only way to go. My name on games is the "GingerNinja" (Don't Laugh :p)
So I get alot of practice. I reckon I am reasonable at all the sneaking malarlky! :)

Hey, that was you on the Eidos forums? I saw your post that quoted me and I was thinking "Whoa, halflife2.net must get a lot of traffic." People from all over the net are gathering there to vent thier disappointment. You're the second guy I've seen over there that I recognize from some other forums.

heheh

yeah It was me. :)

I think everyones kinda dissapointed/angry at the moment (Understatement of the millenia) :p

this is the greatest game evar!11!!!!

oh...wait did I say greatest? I meant most hilarious game ever...y'know in a lame-how-can-they-make-such-a-crap-game-in-the-year-2003-hilarious-way.

it's still on my system, because now and again I fire up the demo when I need a good laugh.

here's some other stuff I would like to add to my previous cons list:

-UNIFIED NANNO-AMMO THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE FAKE VOMIT!!!1 now lets pretend for a minute that this feature of ammo that works with all guns and doesn't require reloading, isn't dumbing down the game so much that it's almost an insult to the gamer, and lets pretend for a moment that it makes a whole lot of sense in the first place. now this feature isn't that bad huh? I mean after all it's pretty usefull that you don't have to reload your weapon, and that you can fire napalm and normal bullets from the same magazine right? actually this nanno-ammo is probably a whole lot more usefull than the average joe thinks...yes and it's usage streches more far than you think...UNIFIED-NANNO-AMMO is even used for your KNIFE! isn't that just great!?

yup that's right kids...your super hightech knife uses nanno-ammo, it may not look that way...since after all when you chop and stab no ammo is used...but I kid you not, try depleeting all your ammo and you will see that you're unable to use your knife aswell as your other guns:dozey: now isn't that just FANTASTIC!!? nanno-ammo is the future man! because when you run out of ammo you can't even rely on your trusty knife(just like it's meant to be!)...now that's just great, it's usefull and it even makes sense!!!!(well...at least as much sense as the rest of this ****ed up game...enjoy!)

:x :x :x

plz for the love of god don't **** Thief3 over like this!!!!

I can just imagined it....

Garrett: "shit! I've spent all my arrows....well lucky enough I still got my trusty sword! oh wait...shit! I forgot I can't use my sword when I'm out of arrows...omfg I'm so Deadz0r!!!1!!" :dozey:

wow i didn't try that out but that sounds like the stupidest thing i've ever heard. unless there are nanites in the blade which help it cut more, like that sword from the first game. but either way, come on....i run out of ammo so i can't use a normal everyday knife? can you even let me use it without the nanites cutting through armour thingy?

sorry...just tried it again...seems it was bug or something...I just didn't try to replicate it before, because honestly this game is so crap that it wouldn't have suprised me.

but when it happened I was unable to use the knife when all the ammo was depleeted.

Re: this is the greatest game evar!11!!!!

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE

plz for the love of god don't **** Thief3 over like this!!!!

I can just imagined it....

Garrett: "shit! I've spent all my arrows....well lucky enough I still got my trusty sword! oh wait...shit! I forgot I can't use my sword when I'm out of arrows...omfg I'm so Deadz0r!!!1!!" :dozey:

Nah, he'll have Infinite Unified Arrows! :D

I just got the demo, but it runs awful on my PC. *cries*

Well, it runs fine, until I turn. Then the screen flickers and goes grey, and I can't see for a few seconds. It's bloody annoying. I had to turn on that bio-mod thing that lets you see through walls to fight. (I forgot what it's called :( ) I could see ok with that active.

I tried it on all resolutions, no change. I guess it's just my crappy graphics card (GeForceFX 5200)

That unified ammo thing is crazy. Where's the fun in that?

Yes the unified ammo idea is totally the lamest idea ever concieved. Harvey Smith needs a swift kick in the nads for that one.

The physics are bloody AWESOME! I just spent an hour throwing bodies around and on top of light posts. Was awesome. I just wish I had cheats and infinite ammo...

Originally posted by ray_MAN
The physics are bloody AWESOME! I just spent an hour throwing bodies around and on top of light posts. Was awesome. I just wish I had cheats and infinite ammo...

you better be kidding!

the managed to screw over a physics engine that with it standards is pretty good....I don't know how they managed to get HavoK acting all lame like that...they must be godly or something.

when you shoot corpses they go all wack(try shooting corpses with the sentry gun(omg!))...and basically anything else in the game behaves rather odd.

Originally posted by ElFuhrer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R will own the shit out of everything (with the possible exception of Half-Life 2).

I'm wondering curious as to what IS are going to do to answer their critics over DX:IW.

Yeah I shot the corpses w/ the sentry gun. But, if you play MP2 you get the same effect.Everything else is nice though. I was playing basketball with bodies and barrels.

Yes I agree stalker is shaping up to hand out a large degree of ownage all round. If not the gameplay, then most certainly with the engine. I'm looking forward to sniping the living shit out of people from those towers with a Dragonov in death match :sniper:

ray_Man, in MP2 shooting a guy with a pistol will not blow him halfway across the level. This happened yesterday to me, I pulled out my pistol and shot the gurad outside the apartment building in he head 4 times, I heard him scream, then all of the sudden he vanished. I turned around looking for him but couldn't find his body or weapon, about 10 secs later I heard his flamethrower smash into the metal barrels 10 feet behind me with his body falling shortly after. The guy flew up into the air and crashed TEN FEET behind me because I shot him with a pistol (4 times in the head)! What the hell have they done to Havok!

Originally posted by ray_MAN
Yeah I shot the corpses w/ the sentry gun. But, if you play MP2 you get the same effect.Everything else is nice though. I was playing basketball with bodies and barrels.

I dunno if you misunderstood what I was saying...

but Max Payne got far better and more realistic physics than DX2....when you shoot corpses in MP2 they don't start to breakdance or fly around the map.

The "floaty" mouse controls everyone keeps mentioning isn't a bug, it's input lag. Input lag means your CPU is being taxed, probably from the dynamic lighting calculations. Try lowering your resolution and image quality.

Seriously, if its the processor thats the problem with the mouse lag then there is little hope for this game.

I have a 3.2ghz tank of a machine and I get mouse lag on 800 x 600 res.

Me thinks there is something wrong here........

On the upside when I have it on full graphics and just play arround with the physics + lighting it looks AMMAZING. Seriously check out the dynamic light over the pool table in the bar section. It moves when you hit it or throw things at it casting shadows over everything realisticly.
Its great fun.

Pity I can't have it on that high settings during normal play. :(

Hey, at least you guys got it to... ya know... load up... and stuff...

Originally posted by iamironsam
The "floaty" mouse controls everyone keeps mentioning isn't a bug, it's input lag. Input lag means your CPU is being taxed, probably from the dynamic lighting calculations. Try lowering your resolution and image quality.

*Stares at Ninja behemoth under his desk

IMHO... the Dues Ex demo sucked huge amounts of crap! I loved the first one though.

Honestly I thought the demo was pretty good. I played it at 640X480 with everything else high and it looked fine and played fine on my dated computer (radeon 8500).
It really reminded me of the first Deus Ex. Compared to other games, graphics weren't great, physics weren't great, etc.. But it really seemed like there was a lot of substance in the game. The books and stuff you could read were interesting. The few characters introduced made me want to know more about them. The tiny piece of plot was cool. The gameplay didn't feel contrived.
It isn't the most polished game you can find but just the bit of content that I've seen really makes me want to get the game.

Back