Episode Four..... WTF!?!?

It won't be Turtle Rock - they've said that their current project is them building a universe of their own.

Wow, I hope it is Adrian Shephard, so all the cry-babies can cry more...

They also made CS:CZ and CS:S bots.

Yes, friend.

Type bot_add in console.

I haven't read the entire thread, but it seems like it's mostly just debate about shepherd. Has anyone mentioned the lost week where Gordon was in "slow teleportation." An episode during that time is the best thing I can see being made by a 3rd party that would fit in the HL universe outside of episodes 1 through 3. - It would be pretty amazing seeing the power shift from combine to the rebels.

7 hours war maybe.

Also stop about shepard...He Aint coming back :LOL:, Simple as that.

Who knows what this is, Maybe you get to play as GabeN.

I think playing as Shepherd would be cool, but Combine Soldier would be teh awesome... Like.... if the GMan had snapped him out of mind control or something

There are CS:S bots?
Yeah.. there damn good to. My cousins at first thought they were real people. Then after a few rounds I was like, "So how do you like playing with bots?"

There pretty CPU intensive and damn realistic.

This particular can encyclopedia to be edited by anyone...how do you know which are right and which are wrong when you go to look for information not found elsewhere?
It IS found elsewhere. If you click the little '44' at the end of the sentence you will be taken to the two sources I used to source the addition, one a post I had made a few months previously on these forums and the other the print magazine, PCG US, that reported the phone interview in which Ep4 was revealed.

These are the real sources. All Wikipedia does is collate; in fact one of its founding principles is that original research is not allowed.

Best bring Shepard back!

Pro-Adrian Shepard here! :D

The CS:S bots are retarded. I mean, they're good for target practice and all, but they always rush, jump up and down while being fired upon, reload and walk around a corner, and look at you a good 3 or 4 seconds before they fire.

Yet at the same time, they'll prefire your ass from behind a wall o.o

Either way, they're a nice addition, just not the best AI possible...

The CS:S bots are retarded. I mean, they're good for target practice and all, but they always rush, jump up and down while being fired upon, reload and walk around a corner, and look at you a good 3 or 4 seconds before they fire.

Yet at the same time, they'll prefire your ass from behind a wall o.o

Either way, they're a nice addition, just not the best AI possible...
The second they see me they fire. What are you playing on? Easy? Try Insane. I've never seen them prefire. I mean never. They always look around and don't automatically know where you are.

I find them very realistic.

I've done everything from easy to the highest level of difficulty.

And they're still usually fairly easy...

I laugh when I hear the team radio death noises. "ENEMY SIGHTE-ugghhhh."

"Got one!"

I really hate this one:
"Where are they?"
"B!"
Wait a few seconds
"Clear."

Really confusing. Damn bot.

"YESS!" Some sounds are so..sexual :dozey:

For some reason I crack up when I keep hearing "Why do we always have to wear these ridiculus ties." IDK why but its funny. Sorry if I wasted you time :p.

Just in case it's still in question, I can also vouch for the authenticity of the quote appearing in PC Gamer. (Though apparently I deleted my scans of the article. :S). I'd like to also point out that the article was also the first place were we learned that Eps 1-3 were going to be a complete story arch. Prior to that we didn't know how long the episodes would last, and since that part of the article turned out to be 100% accurate, it's very likely that the Episode 4 statement will be accurate as well.

I'm going to try and not get into the Shephard argument, but I will remind everyone that we do have various quotes attributed to Gabe (saying that Valve owns the character, that Gabe himself is a fan, and that "they should get back to him some day") that would make Shephard a viable possibility. Gearbox, meanwhile, said shortly before the Ep4 announcment, that:
Randy Pitchford: I'll give you a hint - Brothers in Arms isn't the only video game brand Gearbox will build.

Here's another hint: Gearbox is capable of doing several next-gen projects at once. Our lead teams have worked on the best brands in the business and have participated significantly in building our own brand.

Here's a last hint about a couple of the things we're cooking up - When we started Gearbox, we planned to make things we thought would be great and to work on other people's things we think are great. Halo isn't the last time Gearbox will work with something we didn't invent from scratch.
Source: http://www.firingsquad.com/features/gearbox_interview_gdc2006/

By no means official confirmation of course, but it does leave open the very real possibility.

Finally, this is just a pet peeve, but to the guy who said Shephard got his ultimatum, I'll leave you with this quote from Op4.

SUBJECT: SHEPHARD

FURTHER EVALUATION PENDING

Oh, and before I forget, Samon, do you remember where you saw that statement about Turtlerock's next game being it's own IP?

It won't be Turtle Rock - they've said that their current project is them building a universe of their own.

Well, I'm owned. But that does make me feel more strongly that the game isn't even in pre-production yet, since they don't appear to have any significant connections with any other developers, and even left the genre up in the air (not to mention Episode 3 is scheduled for the end of next year, and the story elements of it might be partially in the air). So they could still change their minds, but then why would Valve even mention it? I think it's pretty likely, that while they want Half-Life to continue, they want to do something different. We might see a new IP out of Valve before too long.

Back