GameStop now selling Steam Wallet vouchers

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
The rumours that have been circulating appear to be true: GameStop are now selling Steam vouchers in $20 and $50 denominations. The vouchers come with codes that you can redeem to add the funds to your Steam wallet. Handy for anyone who doesn't have a credit card, or perhaps who wants to limit their spending on the Summer sales. No news on availability outside of the United States.

[box=right]
9323-5c0a1f6b613ff12165ef19807af884a0.jpg

Banner from the GameStop website[/box]
Full story including press release from Gamestop over at Joystiq.

Attachments

• gamestop.png
    gamestop.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 525
I wish they could do this on more countries. I know a lot of people who would buy those around there.

Now you can buy your friends the perfect gift, a Steam voucher.

It's like universal money, but it can only be used in one place and at a set value which is likely to leave $2.34 left which it too small to buy anything else with.

And it shows you know lots about that person and think deeply about gifts to get them which isn't just the lazy "I'll just give some money" but instead a money-substitute you can only use in one place. You could be confused for Mother Teresa reincarnated.

On a more serious note, this is good for kids without credit / debit cards so they can buy GTAIV without their parents knowing. I tried to be serious, damn it.

Back