Half-Life 1 Engine Updated

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Theres something new, updates for the HL1 engine, anyway restart steam as usual, you guys know the drill. Change list you ask?
  • Fixed crash when downloading content in game if IE7 was installed
  • Fixed viewdemo command not working correctly with some demos
  • Fixed getting duplicate friends message when in game
I'm glad the last one is a thing of the past, I found that very irritating.

Still no elevator fix? The steam version of Blue Shift is unplayable and it pisses me off.

Forgive me, but for some odd reason I think that it should be at least possible for me to get through the first level of a game without downloading a fan-made mod.

I'm stoked about the friends messages at least. DAMN those were annoying.

I like IE7, but it broke Yahoo for me. There's no way I can access their site unless I choose Yahoo from the search options in the browser. Has this happened to anyone else?

Auughh! I've been waiting so long for them to fix those bugs! THANK THE ONE TRUE GOD!

I never had a problem with Blue-Shift?
That's a statement, not a question. But whenever I try to play my Steam version of Blue-Shift (the non-Steam works fine) the 'elevator-bug' kills the 2 scientists in the elevator at the start of the game, making me instantly fail. I never had any problems with any elevators in non-Steam versions of HL games or the PS2 version but I have experienced it in the Steam versions of HL1, OP4 and BS. The HUD is also orange instead of blue.

Apparently there are still people who play dinosaur-hl1 , while the hl2 engine is aging for some years now ;)

If it's so old it's not worth maintaining, it shouldn't be for sale. As much as I'm an avid Valve fan it's getting harder and harder to explain their actions without using the phrase "money-grabbing knob jockeys".

If it's so old it's not worth maintaining, it shouldn't be for sale. As much as I'm an avid Valve fan it's getting harder and harder to explain their actions without using the phrase "money-grabbing knob jockeys".
Continously giving away free updates makes you a "money-grabbing knob jockey"? Then EA must be saints, they don't give away anything for free.

This has caused a few minor bugs with regards to bindings and keyboard/mouse movement. Why aren't these things tested more :p

EDIT: In fact, I'm not sure if what you've said makes sense D:

Back