help-life 2 hours

Subz

Reaction score
how many hours is halflife2? doom 3 is around 20~ on medium settings.

how much half life2?

ehh 40? you sure? hl1 was around 15....

I reckon it'll be 40 if we take in all the eye candy and wander around as much as possible, but experienced gamers who want to just play the game through will no doubt finish in 8 / 16 hours.

Subz said:
ehh 40? you sure? hl1 was around 15....

I think it was considered 40. Valve is also saying HL2 will possibly be longer than HL1.

Gabe said like 45+ hours of gameplay for an average gamer! doom3 aint got nothin on hl2, nothin!

it took me a lot longer than 15 hours to finish hl the first time. probably closer to twice that actually.

yadalogo said:
Gabe said like 45+ hours of gameplay for an average gamer! doom3 aint got nothin on hl2, nothin!

Doom 3 is more of a horror game. I'm sure after 40+ hours of that, anyone would go crazy. Doom 3's graphics are also superior and you can't prove me otherwise!

its only about 4 hours if you use the secret super mario warp zone

Entirely depends on your skill level.

Deus Ex: IW was said to be about 20 hours of gameplay. I beat it in 8 and did every single side mission possible.

45 hours is a very rough estimate for a fps game. Especially one that isn't in the FPS/RPG genre.

How come i like games that ppl dont like?

DX:IW
FarCry
Condition Zero

Of course I like others that ppl like

Half-Life
Halo
UT2004

Its weird :p

you know what doom 3 has you know what? a quicker release date..

thats all

hurry up gordon and upload.

I think this thread has already been done and the time was like 36 to 40 hours.

wow those 3 games are like crap on a crapstick.

I never understand why people feel the need to try and finish a new game in the quickest time possible. What's the point? With games nowadays, there are so many things going on in the background, what's the point of rushing?

I feel like saying "SHTOP SHHTOPP" (reference to the Grolsch adverts in the UK)

Citizen 1150421 said:
omg the hype is dying

Well, if people ask the same questions again and again - it's obvious then, aint it?

as long as it takes. the longer the better. :p

Doom3 over 20H WOW
HL2 over 35H wow

it's gonna be 32 hours, 16 minutes, 12 seconds. at least to the experienced gamers. for those less 1337, 46H, 59M, 19S.

In other words, wait 'til the damn game is out, and use the search button.

call of duty - 2 days = £17.50 a day
painkiller - 2 days = £17.50 a day
halflife2 - projected 2 days = £17.50 a day
doom3 - projected 2 days = £17.50 a day

value for money - 2

40 hours gameplay!!! whoopie shit. I can play scrabble longer than that.

CR0M said:

value for money - 2

It all depends on how fast you play.

Call of duty is not known for its incredibly long singleplayer...... so thats not a very good comparison.

czrsink said:
I never understand why people feel the need to try and finish a new game in the quickest time possible. What's the point? With games nowadays, there are so many things going on in the background, what's the point of rushing?

I feel like saying "SHTOP SHHTOPP" (reference to the Grolsch adverts in the UK)

Great adverts.

and a great beer too once you get used to the aftertaste.

crabcakes66 said:
Call of duty is not known for its incredibly long singleplayer...... so thats not a very good comparison.

Very true, it was short compared to MoH, wolfenstein etc. But no shorter than practically every other new game that comes out.
If HL2 lasted as long as Morrowind I would be a happy bunny :D

Morrowind takes awhile to get into, it's abit boring at first as you dont have anything major to do :p but its a great game, with lots of little things in... like you can become a warewolf :eek:
I hope HL2 has lots of little details and secret bits :)

Sedako said:
Doom 3 is more of a horror game. I'm sure after 40+ hours of that, anyone would go crazy. Doom 3's graphics are also superior and you can't prove me otherwise!

Whats worse is that they may even get paranoid..... :angel:

If u scout for secrets and don't rush thru it on medium 35-40hours probably (mostly depending on how much u look for secrets andd your skill)

Polykarbon said:
Entirely depends on your skill level.

Deus Ex: IW was said to be about 20 hours of gameplay. I beat it in 8 and did every single side mission possible.

45 hours is a very rough estimate for a fps game. Especially one that isn't in the FPS/RPG genre.

actually it depends entirely on how u want to play the game.
most pple are good enough to get through the obstacles of a SP game quickly...so what ir really should come down to is what kinda gamer u are?

are u one to rush through to the ending?
are u one to explore every nook and cranny.. taking ur time? (that would be me)

personally i'll get more enjoyment out of taking my time.. and im sure im not alone on this.. :p

The thread name is help-life. What is help-life...

I'm guessing for me it'll take a long time. I want to look at the stuff..blow things up..experiment with the engine...

CR0M said:

value for money - 2

Do you play 20 hours a day? Jeez... you could, I dunno, get a life?

Nice avatar though :p

Iconoclast said:
There's not a chance it'll be more than 15 at the most.

Why not? I've spend a lot more than 15 hours on HL, so why couldn't this be the case for HL2?

wayne white said:
bluesnews said it will be 20 to 30 hours.

well, now its official, the game is 20 to 30 hours, someone please inform valve! :E

I don't think anyone will rush the game when they first install it, people will be checking things out alot.
I think 40 hours is a fair estimate your first time going through HL2.
Which depending on how much time you have to play each day, could be from 2 days to a more average 5-6 days of gaming if you come home from work/school and play untill it's time for bed ;)

Could easily play it a second or even a third time.
Switch between CS source or other HL2 multiplayer games/mods and it might last as long as HL1 did.

But that would be sort of a miracle.

Back