HL2 Pre-Release Screens

I dont know about that..... When i see a pic of someone shooting at the ground, then ill beleive....

ROTFL!!
nice one :p

edit: i was talking about that..

"This had to be done.

Attachment: nobeta.jpg
This has been downloaded 34 time(s)."

geeez... you post WAY too fast guys..

indeed... that is, but like i stated before... Im still not beleiving.
Plus whats with the blurry spot???

But then again, the tab does read half-life 2.
mind you, the install screen is identical to half-life... I doubt that they would keep the same screen and just put a 2 beside half-life... seems lazy to me.

Originally posted by AAAAA1
indeed... that is, but like i stated before... Im still not beleiving.
Plus whats with the blurry spot???

But then again, the tab does read half-life 2.
mind you, the install screen is identical to half-life... I doubt that they would keep the same screen and just put a 2 beside half-life... seems lazy to me.

Not to mention that the copyright symbol would be on the outside of the 2 if it was an authentic install screen...

Christ There IS a beta then :( im belived now though...

(WOW i readed all 6 Pages LONG !!! :p)

It blows my mind how many morons find this board, sign up, and post on it. How are you even capable of such complex activities?

"There is no beta! The holocaust didn't happen! Bigfoot ate my dog!"

Good christ, get a friking clue. THE BETA IS REAL.

ITS NOT A FECKING BETA! ITS A FECKING CONCRETE ROOM WITH NO SOUND, NO CONSOLE NOTHING! ITS SHITTY COMPILED SOURCE CODE SH!T.

It had to be said.

the beta is gold.

It was announced officially from the new publishers of Halflife 2

Geeks-R-Us
In a statement they confirm:

"we decided to release the game ahead of Valve's schedule cause lets face it, they are just too damn slow. Our sponsor's Nvidia wanted to bundle the game with their new graphics card to compete with arch rivals ATI. However, the game still runs like shit on geforce's but hopefully Valve are working round the clock to fix this so we can steal it."

Hmmm, thoses screen-links, I dont think they are a good idea.
They have to be cancelled.
Dont show an alcoholic alcohol...

hate to tell you hunter but those screenshots wernt photoshoped, theres actually 9 short 4 mb xvid videos out from where those screenshots where taken, showing this hl2 "beta" if you will, in action. (even tho its not a beta from what i understand) and in this video some of the maps are those from the E3 presentation.

i would post the link to the vids, well where i found the videos, but id rather not flirt with getting banned from hl2.net at this current moment :).

Originally posted by PainLord
ITS NOT A FECKING BETA! ITS A FECKING CONCRETE ROOM WITH NO SOUND, NO CONSOLE NOTHING! ITS SHITTY COMPILED SOURCE CODE SH!T.

It had to be said.

Um, obviously someone hasn't seen the new videos, lol.

Originally posted by dscowboy
Um, obviously someone hasn't seen the new videos, lol.

AS a matter of fact, I have. But it doesnt change the fact that its completely useless and shit.

Is does change the fact, however, that your description is completely wrong. It is not just a 'concrete room with no sound', the E3 tech demo is in there along with a few other maps with real enemies and characters.

lol @ painlord

is he gonna stop sayin thats it's just a square room netime this year :)

painlord what u r talking about is a map that some1 made using the source code leak.

there is now more content out that allows you to play large parts of the game and stuff

christ...

My emotions:
:'( :D!!!!!!... :( ......... :D!!!!!!!!!! :'(!!!!!! :-D!!!!!!!!!!

my god... I WANT THIS SO BAD!!! But yet.. I dont... but yet I do but yet... i dont..

It had to be said.
No. That was the compiled Source that you could do that with, also that was with some custom resources and maps hence why it was 'shit'. This 'beta' (although it is actually an ALPHA) features more resources, i.e all that the thieves stole that they have only just released (seperate to the source).
It may be as much or more as what the Doom3 Alpha was.
To whomever said the HL2 beta went 'gold'... a game only goes gold when it is pressed onto a gold CD (hence 'going gold') and prepared for replication - the 'GimpsRus' version is simply ready for release.:borg:

Dude you don't even know what your talking about. That was the compiled source code, there is an actual "BETA/ALPHA" on the internet, its 1.4 gigs.

The compiled source code had the infamous no sound cube map.

best thing for vivendi and valve todo now is release the game soon as possible, this would stop ppl who download the Beta version or whatwever you call it from being judged to early by what maybe total crap and give the game a poor rating to fans b4 the game is released

ya, I've seen about 10 of them from a page of 30 or so, probably taken on a Gefore2 and not worth the time or effort, I dont even want to look at any of the others incase of a visual spoiler. its NO fun to ruin an exp like HL2.

Here's the TRUTH. I'm not gonna sugar coat anything. I want this damn beta and I want it now. I downloaded Max Payne a couple months ago and than I bought it. What's the big deal? I actually see this as a good thing. It's like getting an HL2 demo. Yes I know it's cruel to valve and all but they were cruel to us weren't they? They led us on for months with constant denials of delays and than they changed thier minds. Now we hear there will be more delays. I hate valve for delaying HL2 because I don't think it was really necessary BUT I hate the hackers for giving valve even more reasons to delay that game. Since they're making us wait till April 04 (possibly) I say may as well take advantage and get what those hacking morons stole. They're delaying the game and what do we get? Nothing! They steal source, what do we get? Nothing! I've been waiting rather patiently for several months but now I say "NO MORE". I want HL2. In any format. If HL2 was released TODAY I'd go out and buy it. If a beta was leaked (which it is) I'd get it. The point is: I am already obsessed with Half-Life 2 and I haven't even played it. I want it. I'll do anything (to a certain degree) to even play this game. Please don't hate on me for loving a game so much that I just wanna play it, legally OR illegally. Some of you DON'T want to download the beta. I admit I commend you for your patience but seriously, how will a small beta RUIN the game experience for you? This will only raise curiosity and demand. For all we know this is a good thing for valve (don't get mad)! The delays were bad, but than again they get people's attention. We know bad news gets attention. The delays and this beta will raise awareness. People will want this game more if they get a small taste of it.

I'm buying this game. Regardless of release date or format. I know there's a beta out right NOW and I can play the game. I want to play. Don't hate on me. Don't BAN me because I'm just expressing myself. Freedom of speech man (in hippy accent).

Ps. A prime example is Doom3. I'm glad I played that alpha leak. It made me realize just how good this game'll be. It showed me the mood I will get when I buy this game. And I WILL buy this game. I'm not some punk who downloads a game and that's that. I own 30+ pc games. I bought them all. I only downloaded 2 before I bought them. Blue Shift and Max Payne. I now own both. G'day.

I'm with carlos on this one, I want the beta, but it's not like im not going to buy the game. I've already pre-ordered it, 50 bucks upfront.

Sorry but the April 04 date is just too unbearable. If it's november I'm cool. April is just ridiculous. I'm even okay with December and MAYBE January. Past that is ****ing ridiculous I say.

It had to be said.

LMFAO. You have no idea what you're talking about..

There are TWO leaks you know...

If anyone does download it...I recomend you uninstall steam, and dont even attempt to play multiplayer since that will be a dead give away that you have it. Also I would disconnect your internet connection while playing it in singleplayer.

I feel bad for Valve and all, and I am in no way sympathising with the theifs that released this. However, if Valve had not dicked us around with the release date and just explained they weren't sure when the game would be released... Maybe these hackers wouldn't have gotten pissed off and had the fuel to do something like this.

However, I don't know their motivation, so this is just speculation on my part.

I dunno if someone has posted the link with the page that has about 80 screens from the beta but let me know if its allowed or not if it has not.

cool pics of the process of getting the HEV suit

Originally posted by eQUIV
I feel bad for Valve and all, and I am in no way sympathising with the theifs that released this. However, if Valve had not dicked us around with the release date and just explained they weren't sure when the game would be released... Maybe these hackers wouldn't have gotten pissed off and had the fuel to do something like this.

However, I don't know their motivation, so this is just speculation on my part.

That's no justification for stealing the game. That game is Valve's property and they do what they please with it.

That's no justification for stealing the game. That game is Valve's property and they do what they please with it.
no one here has said that they agree with the stolen beta... if I could, they would be tortured to death

Sorry but the April 04 date is just too unbearable. If it's november I'm cool. April is just ridiculous. I'm even okay with December and MAYBE January. Past that is ****ing ridiculous I say.
this post?

yeah, I agree... and I'd say no later than December 20 or so.. we've waited long enough

Valve does owe us. Who bought all thier games? WE did.

PS. My long honest post about the beta.

as long as we buy the game who gives a damn whether we dl the beta or not, valve loses nothing that way, who is just going to want to keep the beta anyway? no one

Back