My mod idea... Edge of Justice.

That was the great [CoHn]FuSeD, ladies and gentlemen, master of HTML and online comedy...

*FuSeD bowes towards the audience* Thank you, thank you!

EDIT: Never mind :)

And thanks to [CoHn]FuSeD, ladies and gents, Edge of Justice now has it's own Forums.

Head on over at your convenience... you'll find the link in my siggy. Or just click here.

Brian Damage said:
And thanks to [CoHn]FuSeD, ladies and gents, Edge of Justice now has it's own Forums.

Head on over at your convenience... you'll find the link in my siggy. Or just click here.
Excellent :D nice one guys!

Cool.

I wish I knew what that meant :E.

Is that like a... skin? Or something?

EDIT: Funniest thing... until I have a place to host the concept art, the Art forum just links back to my prior postings here :LOL:.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. :thumbs:

Know any place I could host my art?

EDIT: That avatar is just Ubercute, BTW.

Fenric said:
Excellent :D nice one guys!

Heheh, thanks Fenric :D.

Wanna be a member?

Brian Damage said:
Thanks. I'll see what I can do. :thumbs:

Know any place I could host my art?

EDIT: That avatar is just Ubercute, BTW.

I dont know any place like that :/

Yep, my avatar sure is cute ^_^

The Food Ration Dispenser.

A rather bulky device that the Marauders put up wherever they settle. Used most often by Toilers, Soldiers and Grelgets. Elites and Commanders, like the top brass everywhere, eat much better food than their subordinates.

Food Ration pellets are a simple mixture of protein, vitamins and trace elements, with an organic binder (possibly cardboard). Acceptable to most carnivores or omnivores. High in nutrition, but, due to Morod' Hai philosophy and tight-fistedness (and possibly the cardboard content), tastes like boiled gym socks.

Ingesting will boost the player's health slightly.

Attachments

• FoodDispenserFCol.jpg
    FoodDispenserFCol.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Brilliant! I shall go there directly.

About the skins: I dunno. What kind of things can we do? Is it limited to just gradients, lines and block colours, or can we actually do images?

Brian Damage said:
Wanna be a member?

I'll try get around to it, but I usually don't have time for more than a couple of forums, and I'll be on here and the .dev one once thats up and running (supposedly I'll be a mod there, but I've heard nothing since) So I'll be tied up looking after these two and I'll be writing tutorials and such for the dev site aswell I think. But if I can fit it in I'll try be a member on your forum. Though you know how slow I am emailing replies :D

Fenric said:
I'll try get around to it, but I usually don't have time for more than a couple of forums, and I'll be on here and the .dev one once thats up and running (supposedly I'll be a mod there, but I've heard nothing since) So I'll be tied up looking after these two and I'll be writing tutorials and such for the dev site aswell I think. But if I can fit it in I'll try be a member on your forum. Though you know how slow I am emailing replies :D

The .Dev thingy sounds good :)

Well, there's always a place for you, Fenric. There's a place for everyone, heheh.

Brian Damage said:
Well, there's always a place for you, Fenric. There's a place for everyone, heheh.
hehe, that reminded me of the voice on impossible mission on the spectrum/c64 :D

Majestic XII said:
The .Dev thingy sounds good :)
Yeah but I hear the guy doing it isn't done yet *grins* hehehe

naa, really looking forward to it, from what I've seen it does look "ubercool" as the kids say :)

Here's the first vehicle to be completed.

The Flatfoot, an IPC (Intergalactic Police Command) mech, is used in engagements with smugglers and other criminals that have managaed to lay their hand on heavy armour or armaments.

Not the fastest, strongest, most agile, toughest or most heavily armed mech in the galaxy, the Flatfoot is nevertheless sufficient for most purposes.

Attachments

• PolMechFCol.jpg
    PolMechFCol.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Yup, very nice Brian! I'll add that to the uploaded images, shall I?

Thanks, dudes.

Yeah, FuSeD, can you show me how to upload into the art directory, for when you're not around? Is some sort of ftp proggy required?

BTW, I think I'm eventually going to alter these pics slightly by putting them onto a black background and adding some statistics and height markers... What do you think?

You've got a good drawing style, Brian, but to be quite honest I hate the design of the mech. It's just me: I think it looks too much like a robot you might see a small child playing with. That said, I love your creature designs.
You know, this is shaping up like Gunman Chronicles. Which is a good thing.

It is? Interesting. In what way?

The mech's design will probably change a little (I think I'll alter the arm and leg joints, and the gun), but as for the appearance, well, all I can say is that (game-wise) it's a thirty-year old design that is now only used for light engagements. Kind of antiquated.

The Special Tactics Division (think SWAT) mechs will look a bit different (more advanced)...

I like designing creatures. But I also like doing mechanical designs. What do you think of the food dispenser?

It's great, a militaristic bubble-gum machine...make it programmed to be really evil..."Now pay up or I shall scatter your remains to the winds!"

How about stuffing one of those in the headquarters of the hero. Perhaps because of some weird scientologic accident or some weird computer support mixup, there could be a slightly evil A.I. stuck in it, now bothering you with its evil plans... :)

:cheese: a bubble gum machine out for galactic domination :cheese:

Ideas taken into consideration :thumbs:.

The Food Dispenser is an enemy device, and purely mecanical (pull the little toggle on the front to get a food pellet) but certain things could be done with it's terran equivalent. Think slightly along the lines of the food machines from Red Dwarf...

My point exactly, Brian, my point exactly...
"Oh, god. I can't stand it any more I'm just a load of zeroes and ones on a disk in a f*cking vending machine...Jesus Christ, I don't even really exist...I have no hopes, no dreams...just sit here serving drinks....my existance is so pointless...what? Oh fine. (adopts happy voice) Slurpo-shake coming up! Thank you for using this service. Now go away and leave me alone...."

Picture a terran rations machine, damaged in a crash...

"I'd like some a bacon sandwich please."

"*CRACKLE* Whazzat-t-t-t-t-t-t?"

"A bacon sandwich please"

"A Shakin' hand-d-d-d-d-d bitch? What the *FZZZZZZZZZT*" hell is that-t-t-t-t?"

"I said, A BACON SANDWICH!"

"A bacon sand-d-d-d-d-dwich? How dare you *POP* orderrrrrrr me around you stupid-d-d-d-d, lowly, *FUTZ* organic lifeform!"

"Well, now I've found one more damaged system. Great."

"Damaged? DAMAGED? I'll see you reduced to your *SNAP* comp-p-p-p-p-ponent ingredients for this!

"Yes. Sure. Bye-bye..."

"Come b-b-b-b-b-b-b-back! I am the rrrrrrrrrrrrulerrrrrrrr of the univerrrrrrrrrse! BOW DOWN IN WORRRRRRSHIP BEFORE MEEEE!!!! I WILL SCATTER YOUR REMAINS TO THE WIIIIIIIIIIIINDS!!!!!!!!!

:p
Ever played Monkey Island? Think Murray...
"I'll stride through the gates of hell with your head on a pikestaff!"
"Stride?"
"Alright, roll! Roll through the gates of hell!"

Never played three.

I am hoping to have a good amount of humour in my mod, though. Endless seriousness can get monotonous.

Alright, a small update. The background picture for the website is now finished (took me four hours... now my right hand is nearly useless :E). Should be on there sooner or later. Once I can get it to FuSeD.

Okay folks: New weapon designs...

This time it's the Main Long ranged weapons of the Marauder forces.

Top:

Sonic Rifle and Sonic Pistol. The concussive blasts from these weapons has a very nasty effect against unarmoured flesh, but is easily deflected by armour. High fire rate.

Middle:

Disintegrator Gun. Destablises (sp?) matter by weakening subatomic bonds. Good against heavily armoured foes. Medium fire rate.

Rocket Pistol. Fires miniature homing rockets. A good compromise between a heavy weapon and a sidearm. Slow fire rate.

Bottom:

Defoliator. One of the few weapons that the Marauders have designed themselves, the Defoliator is used against the Xylen and the more active elements of the native flora. Fires a continuous stream of herbicidal liquid.

Net Launcher. Used to capture scientific specimens and escaped prisoners. Slow fire rate.

[EDIT]: And years later, all the guns are missing, both from the 'net and my hard drives. Why didn't I save copies of these files in particular? I have no idea...

Last edited:
Lol!

Thankyou. Now that I actually seem to have found a modeling proggy that I can use, I might actually have some renders soon... maybe...

Errr... Wings3D actually... modelling the weapons in it. Damn easy to learn, and it can save in a load of different formats.

Maya PLE and that free XSI version sound cool, and I'll give them a go... when I get my new computer :E.

I don't have WinXP on my current one, so I can't run either of them, but my new computer will have XP, so I'll be able to run them soon...

Borgo, a half-crazy merchant, and Sweetums, a bottlecap.

Borgo is a fellow castaway, who has been living in the remains of his shipwreck since the start of the Marauder incursion. He's gotten rather friendly with the Xylen, who moved the remains of his ship to their main city.

He's just about your only place to buy anything serious... and the trading run he was engaged in shortly before he was shot down was... not exactly legal. To put it bluntly, he's a gun runner. So some of the stuff he can sell you is, though expensive, rather useful...

Sweetums the bottlecap, Borgo's closest companion, cannot be drawn into commenting. On anything.

Attachments

• BorgoCol.jpg
    BorgoCol.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Back