New Battlefield 2 Screens =)

Gunner

Tank
Reaction score
Check it out, if the gameplay matches the graphics this is going to be the best Battlefield installment to date! :D

battlefield2_21.jpg

battlefield2_22.jpg

battlefield2_23.jpg

battlefield2_24.jpg

battlefield2_25.jpg

battlefield2_26.jpg

Awsome.

although i didnlt like veitnam, nothing beats the origional IMO. i still play today.

Looks great, hope it will run on my computer tough :)

Radeon said:
Looks great, hope it will run on my computer tough :)

I think it should, medium settings would be fine on most computers. What I'm worried about is the lag issue, the BF games have always been plagued by it.

burnzie said:
Awsome.

although i didnlt like veitnam, nothing beats the origional IMO. i still play today.

Vietnam and B:1942 were created by different developers.

Battlefield: 1942 was created by a swedish company

Battlefield: Vietnam was created by a canadian part of the company

Battlefield 2 is created by the Swedish company...

Argh! I hope they fix the lighting on soldiers. It suffers the same problems as BFV, its not camouflage at all, its neon cover.

The soldiers also look WAY oversized, lol... Much worse than in BF1942 and BFV.

The explosions arent very pretty either.

The water is just... Pathetic.

But that's just me nitpicking :p

To be honest Joint Operations is looking far more impressive when judging from these pics (some of the earlier where much better)... I hope they can top it. Mods will of course, but it would be neat if the original would.

dawdler said:
The soldiers also look WAY oversized, lol... Much worse than in BF1942 and BFV.

Yeah you're right I didn't notice that, but it's pretty obvious in the first pic :|

CB | Para said:
Yeah you're right I didn't notice that, but it's pretty obvious in the first pic :|
Very obvious indeed ;)

JO definetly has the right idea, although there arent nearly as much advanced stuff as in BF, they are FAR more impressive in size. It feels like real vehicles, not toys.

Lighting is also much better, if you look at the images you will notice it looks basicly like a well lit room you are playing in, not the real world. When units are out of synch with the world, immersion suffers... BF1942 was decent enough (but far from good), BFV made it much worse. And now BF2 just adds to the BFV feeling.

That looks very much like the ps2 version Battlefield: Modern Combat as opposed to Battlefield 2

I can't be quite sure though.

kussie said:
That looks very much like the ps2 version Battlefield: Modern Combat as opposed to Battlefield 2

I can't be quite sure though.
Modern combat looks quite different. And all you have to do is go to worthplaying to read the article :)

:) Although I wasted my money on Battlefield: Vietnam, I won't fear to buy this new addition.

ailevation said:
:) Although I wasted my money on Battlefield: Vietnam, I won't fear to buy this new addition.

Yeah I feel like Vietnam wasn't such a good idea afterall, since I'm mostly playing 1942. But I did like Desert Combat a lot, and this looks like more of the same so can't go wrong there :)

The perspective is totally out, especially on the first screen. :s

I'm excited for this one. I do hope they improve the looks of the terrain itself. It looks exactly like it did in BF1942. No biggie though. I'm not playing it for the gfx. I want the gameplay to be improved more than anything :)

EDIT: I wonder if that first pic was put together with photoshop or something. What are the odds that this much action is happening in one little viewscreen? That could explain some of the perspective issues. I mean just look at how the soldier nearest the tank fits properly...and how awful the other 2 look in this shot.

AmishSlayer said:
I wonder if that first pic was put together with photoshop or something. What are the odds that this much action is happening in one little viewscreen? That could explain some of the perspective issues. I mean just look at how the soldier nearest the tank fits properly...and how awful the other 2 look in this shot.

Yeah it's odd, but I don't think they could photoshop the shadows as well :|

I hope the water's just a placeholder, looks like the water from the original to me... beyond that it looks pretty good, amybe if they imported HL2's water.... now there's an idea

CB | Para said:
Yeah it's odd, but I don't think they could photoshop the shadows as well :|

I'm thinking the soldiers that are huge running at each other are from their own pic. The action just doesnt make much sense if you think about it if you were playing.

AmishSlayer said:
I'm thinking the soldiers that are huge running at each other are from their own pic. The action just doesnt make much sense if you think about it if you were playing.
And the map makes much sense, not even a bush? :)

That is a blatantly obvious test map, with focused vehicles and bases, most likely played by the either the magazine people or beta testers to produce "combat" images. Wouldnt even surprise me if they are in some sorts debug mode where they have slowed everything down.

Sprafa said:
Operation Flashpoint 2, please come fast!

I got an email about that game today. :)

I took part in a survey about what I want to see in Ofp2. :/

Now that would be considered good except they were asking me questions like:

Q: What time would you like the game to be set in:
1. WW1
2. WW2
3. Vietnam
4. Modern Day

etc..

I think were gona be waiting a while..... ;(

dawdler said:
That is a blatantly obvious test map, with focused vehicles and bases, most likely played by the either the magazine people or beta testers to produce "combat" images. Wouldnt even surprise me if they are in some sorts debug mode where they have slowed everything down.

That could be it you know, they have a new demo player that records ingame footage in a format that takes less than a meg for 30 minutes (numbers may be off though) :)

Yellonet said:
Are those AGM-65s on that F-15?? :LOL: ;( :LOL: ... ;(

It's probably an F-15E ... which can carry AGM-65s, amongst a crap load of other stuff.

and yes, ofp2 should kick ass :)

BF2 is being made by DICE and Trauma Studios(American).

Mr. Redundant said:
some snazzy shots there, muchly appreciated.
Snazzy? I must be one of the very few that's totally unimpressed by it, lol... (ok, I admit: the jet engine on the last image is looking good). The more I look at them and compare with "old" JO technology, the more unimpressed I am.

I'm with you dawdler (looks pretty obvious why they bought trauma now)(btw, which 8 were initially employed? wonder if Goetterfunke was one of them). Looks as though they're just importing assets in to BF2 and upldating just enough to warrant a new release (i.e. churning more $$ out of the BF series). It is EA who publishes afterall (so it wouldn't be the first time that's happened).

craig said:
I'm with you dawdler (looks pretty obvious why they bought trauma now)(btw, which 8 were initially employed? wonder if Goetterfunke was one of them). Looks as though they're just importing assets in to BF2 and upldating just enough to warrant a new release (i.e. churning more $$ out of the BF series). It is EA who publishes afterall (so it wouldn't be the first time that's happened).
Nah, Goetterfunke worked on EoD, not DC.

Maybe its just the map that makes it so average. The city screens are definetly more impressive...

Woah

I am for sure gonna buy this game now, it really looks like they went for more realism now.

I think the only things that to me make those screens look bad is the water, explosions, and scale of the infantry.

Infantry scale may be due to the camera perspective.

I'm not sure how far along in development the game is but the explosions we see may simply be place holders for now.

For the water see the explosions explanation.

EDIT:
Dalamari said:
Woah

I am for sure gonna buy this game now, it really looks like they went for more realism now.
err... I don't think its realistic to see jet fighters flying that close to the ground to attack a tank.

The Mullinator said:
I think the only things that to me make those screens look bad is the water, explosions, and scale of the infantry.

Infantry scale may be due to the camera perspective.

I'm not sure how far along in development the game is but the explosions we see may simply be place holders for now.

For the water see the explosions explanation.

EDIT:

err... I don't think its realistic to see jet fighters flying that close to the ground to attack a tank.
But it is still tons more realistic than the crap that was BF1942.

You dont think the map itself is bad? (ie it looks random generated with hills and a few buildings/units, not much else, doesnt even feature the famous BF texture detail)

Infantry scale is not due to the perspective, since they are consistently oversized (except in the cobra, that thing must be huge compared to the rest of the vehicles!)... I agree that the water and explosions probably are place holders though.

dawdler said:
You dont think the map itself is bad? (ie it looks random generated with hills and a few buildings/units, not much else, doesnt even feature the famous BF texture detail)

Infantry scale is not due to the perspective, since they are consistently oversized (except in the cobra, that thing must be huge compared to the rest of the vehicles!)... I agree that the water and explosions probably are place holders though.
Who says the map has to be finished? :p

The Mullinator said:
Who says the map has to be finished? :p
No one, but promotional shots are usually done in far more impressive surroundings (and we know BF2 has them!)

dawdler said:

Did you watch the videos? If those are randomly genrated maps...then omfg that is some awsome randomess.

Foxtrot said:
Did you watch the videos? If those are randomly genrated maps...then omfg that is some awsome randomess.
Well we dont discuss the videos, do we? We discuss the images here and their average output. I've already said BF2 can do alot better than this, as shown in the early images and videos... But these images are no better than BF1942 in my opinion, hell even the barren El Alamein is more impressive than this.

dawdler said:
No one, but promotional shots are usually done in far more impressive surroundings (and we know BF2 has them!)

Not all promo screenshots are visually stunning, need I remind you of the last two HL2 pics we had? ;)

Back