New Black Mesa Interview

Moved to Modifications.

Looks pretty good...but 'ignoring the negative reactions' is pretty stupid.

Sounds great, but your link is leading towards an Fortress Forever topic.

hurrah \o/

Can't wait for this to be released.

I think what spence meant, was that we ignore the people that just say things like "look's shite" etc. Negetive reactions and giving constructive crits are different things. We always take onboard constructive crits, but people just saying "looks crap", or "valve already made this" we just ignore.

I'm looking forward to this - I always get very nostalgic when I think about HL, so it's going to be interesting to see what these guys do with it. It looks pretty cool so far.
Whilst the scientist looks good, it's a shame it's a render - I'm bored of seeing renders as mod media, because it doesn't give a proper feel for how it really is.

I will be looking forward to this alternate take on the original Half-Life game.

will this game come out on disks in stores, or do you have to download it?
cus damn thats a sweet game.

It will be free for download. No charge.

I'm looking forward to this more than most retail games. I mean...

bm_20006_blastpit_ingame.jpg

Come on! That's the very definition of awesome!

The only thing I dont like is that they always say how great they are and how awesome their project is in the interview. Maybe thats up to the players to deside?

Anyway, great info and amazing screenshots ;)

Looking great. Oh yeah, the Black Mesa Developers in their forums said that there will be a huge media release soon showing the current state of the mod. I hope that means we get to see grunts or other aliens in the pictures.

The only thing I dont like is that they always say how great they are and how awesome their project is in the interview. Maybe thats up to the players to deside?

Anyway, great info and amazing screenshots ;)
Don't all modders try to pimp their mod though. It'd be pretty moronic to say it's a crap project and that people don't want it.

It's not like we haven't had awards for most anticipated mod.

I do agree though, if we tried to ram it down peoples throats it would be annoying, but I don't think we do.

It's better to focus on development than showing pictures all the time. It's a good thing you guys are doing that. Pictures once in a while like you guys are doing is a good thing because mod teams that concentrate on media rather than design their own mod usually end up releasing it later than expected or not releasing it at all.

But I really wish you wonderfull people at Black Mesa: Source would release a small update once a month or every few months, what harm could that do?

I feel like I've been left in the dark these couple months D:

Its been boring at moddb.com

50% done since April & now we are heading into the fall season.

The progress bar hasn't been updated for a while it looks like. I'm guessing they could be at least 60-70% done at this time.

Looks great so far, but as was said earlier, it's the gameplay that will determine if it deserves to be called halflife. They mentioned quite a few changes in code (AI, etc) so I am interested to see if they can cover all the bases and make it superb.

And the test chamber sequence better be polished to perfection, or this will all end in tears (mine).

And the test chamber sequence better be polished to perfection, or this will all end in tears (mine).

Don't pit my love of Half-Life against my need to make people cry, because the latter is totally overpowering. :p

Just please do not make the mistake of having pop gun sounding (and feeling) weapons. Looks awesome anyway!

The guy who made has written our soundtrack (Plink) is also doing our sounds, so they are in very safe hands :)

I was actualy running around for about 20 mins just shooting the mp5 at anything just because it sounds so awesome =]

The guy who made has written our soundtrack (Plink) is also doing our sounds, so they are in very safe hands :)

Yeah, I've heard the music samples on the site :) Pretty swish!

I was actualy running around for about 20 mins just shooting the mp5 at anything just because it sounds so awesome =]

So it's better than the original which sounded like Gordon rattled a bunch of chains in front of his enemies? :p

The website appears to have been hacked again. Not only that but someone put a very immature and disrespectful message about Canada on it as well. Things like these really make me sick.

Not sure how we have managed to attract such an interesting crowd, this seems to be a wide spread attack though according to their message.

Hopefully we'll have this wrapped up soon, apologies to anyone offended

Oh ffs...

The interview must of got hackers thinkin, "hmm they got more media to show, I got a smart idea lets hack them!"..

Hackers should be strung up by there anatomy and rot in hell.

Making a mod for Half-Life fans without getting money and someone hacks them. Why???

I hope these hackers die early and realize that they have wasted their sad pathetic lives so they can live the rest of their short lives in depression!

MP5 with a red dot scope, looks awesome. The gun looks a bit short though. Might just be the angle though.

Back