New Forum Colours and Update

What do you think of the forum colourscheme?

• Excellent

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • It's good but needs a few tweaks

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I prefer the old tan/blue colourscheme

Votes: 58 43.9%
  • Utter crap I hate it

Votes: 17 12.9%

• Total voters

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the forums have had a new lick of paint to match the main site. The only problem again is a lack of a decent logo. If anyone wants to try to make a simple logo we can put at the top of the forums then please do :)

We also updated vBulletin which has a lot of new features such as: tags, social groups, custom profiles, visitor messages, albums, etc. Have a play around.

Finally, what do you think of this update? Good? Crap? Needs changing? Let me know.

I like the new features, but the color scheme is very harsh.

It looks really edgey and new. It's going to take getting used to, but it's definitely for the good. Not sure about this orange though, it's a little too vibrant.

But the new vbulletin features looks like a lot of fun.

I love the orange, really fresh and cool!

Just need to get our admin shit sorted out to match the new vBulletin features ;)

It looks really edgey and new. It's going to take getting used to, but it's definitely for the good. Not sure about this orange though, it's a little too vibrant.

I feel like I've been tangoed.

I'd prefer keeping the new features with the old colourschemes.

I love it really. Can't wait to mess around with the new features.

get rid of bookmarks, get rid of tags (unless they actually do something useful..?), but this is the only colour scheme change i've ever liked upon seeing the first time

As a graphics artist I'd say the orange is a bit too orange.

EDIT: yeah bookmarks suck, get rid of them.

I've made the text smaller... I can't actually remember what it was before :O

I like it, though it needs a lot of tweaks. For example, several parts of it are really crude looking, and the bookmarks/tags are irritating.

Apart from that, I don't mind it.

Orange... too bright!

I wouldn't mind the bookmarks and tags if they were at the very bottom (below the quick reply box)

Got rid of bookmarks. Tags could be useful though...

What happened to the Home Page button?

My only complaint is that the orange is a tad too bright.

I've changed my mind actually, make the white parts of the site a little bit darker please, I like my eyesight

The saturation of the orange is completely fine though in my opinion

I honestly don't like this scheme. Wastes energy and hurts my eyes. (Tone down the white parts and make the orange a shade darker)

i really like the tag feature, that can help so much with searching for forums.

hehe at the tango tag

It's awesome, cant wait to try some new features. Colour is pretty awesome too.. theme for the "Orange Box"?

I'll have a bash at making a logo.. but i dont think it will be too good.

bring back the blue background!!! These bright colors makes my eyes bleeeeeed :x

Otherwise its a very nice job...just...not the bright background

I like it. But the banner on the front page does need work.

I'd much rather the blue colour scheme, but the new layout looks a lot cleaner now.

Yeah, white bits are a bit too white.

Is it just me or are the forums faster now?

Atleast with firefox beta 3 r4 it's faster.

Someone...make..blue scheme...quick...no time.....eyes..melting uuughhhhhhhhhfff

The new colours hurt my eyes. Too much white blinds me.

I like it a lot, only issue I have is the colors. Too bright for me....just feels too busy. Other than that, AWESOME.

looks like the option for blue is back but it isn't working...

I like what you did to the forum Munro! The orange color is a bit bright and needs to be just a hair darker. I understand it's classic hazard orange that fits with HL but it's too bright. The groups and everything is just very nice and I just hope that the forums can be easily integrated with the Steam community. *Oh and of course new logo and the font needs to be bigger.

I already am getting a headache from it. I tried turning down the brightness of my monitor, but now I have to squint to see the text.

I think its pretty obvious that the most wanted demand is:

DARK/BLUE BACKGROUND...MY EYES ARE TEH_BLEEDINGZOR

Customizing my profile doesn't seem to do anything, but all the new features sound nice.

Can't say I care for the new color scheme, as I generally prefer darker ones. Like, black as the night.

Back