NVIDIA GFORCE FX5200 has anyone got halflife2 to work useing this card?

O

odd_job

Hi I got a GFORCE FX5200 about 8 weeks ago or so (when doom3 came out). But I have never got it to work on any games that would test its capability. It works fine on half-life (1) but not on doom 3, command and conquer generals or half-life 2. I know it must be they way I have it set up, but I have tried everything and I still can’t get it to work. Anyone out there that has managed to get it going PLEASE let me know how. Or just tell me how it’s working for you so I know weather or not to buy a new card.

Sorry same problem

Sorry but I have the same problem, card works fine with everything else I throw at it, but HL2 is not playing ball.

I get as far as the loading... screen and the game freezes.

I have tried reinstalls, re-downloading and have sent of diags to VUGAMES who were very unhelpful on the phone they did not seem to know what they were doing.

how do u mean it freezes what happens the screen go's all black or it freeze on the fussy pic?

Sort of both

I have had the out of focus picture screen freeze, I have had a white screen freeze and a black screen.
On all of these I have to reboot.

i have a 5200
works fine with doom3 and hl2
only i cant enable dx9 water reflection shaders in hl2
but thats a known problem

if you change your target in your properties to

"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 220 -dxlevel 90

then you should be ok to run dx9

odd_job said:
if you change your target in your properties to

"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 220 -dxlevel 90

then you should be ok to run dx9
fx 5200 cards cant render the dx9 water shader so its a bad idea to force dx9 on this cards

whoops might be why my game aint working thanks i will take it off now. i'm running
windows XP
1.8 ghz
60gb
512 ddr ram
gforce fx 5200 256

oh and if you get the fussy screen freeze just leave it mine does it everytime i load up the game it can take upto 2 or 3 mins sometimes to get past it

oh and if you get the fussy screen freeze just leave it mine does it everytime i load up the game it can take upto 2 or 3 mins sometimes to get past it. yep i have the newest drivers i can find

You might want to try going back to the 61.76 Nvidia drivers. I know there were a bunch of us having trouble w/ HL2 on older NV cards, and this seems to have fixed the problem for most of us.

Google for "61.76 nvidia" (no quotes). Choose the XP or 9x drivers to download.

Hope this helps...

R.

nothing wrong with my 5200. Infact, it was only when I put that card in that all the bugs stopped crashing HL2.

Looks great, and runs great.

Eat zombie poo.

i have fx5200 on my other rig, works fine with cs:source and hl2 (800*600)
xp sp2
nforce1
512 ram
athlon 3100+

drivers all new
(and no shuttering :cheers: )

I have looked at the config file for HL2 and it seems to state that it wants driver level 61.77 as the minimum for all OS, but the newest level for WIN98 is 61.76.
I have emailed VUGAMES support but no response.
Don't know if everyone having a problem with the FX5200 is running win98, but it looks live Valve may have over looked testing 98 that is if they did any testing at all.

Anyway at least I have a grest looking coffee mat :E

Back