Quick, need idea for date

Dan

Tank
Reaction score
So I asked this girl out on for this Saturday, but I was focused more on just getting a date and I haven't thought of what to do yet. She's working all day, so outdoors stuff like going to the park are mostly out of the question cause it'll be dark out by then. I can't think of anything other than just going out for dinner which is kinda blah.

Go get something to eat..will restraunts be open after she gets off?

Watch a movie...stuff like that.

Take her out to dinner then go walk around afterwards talking. Be creative where you go...

Glirk Dient said:
Take her out to dinner then go walk around afterwards talking. Be creative where you go...
That's very nice idea right there.

Listen to teh Glirk.

Meh, don't go to a movie. It's really cliche, plus I never really understood why people go to movies when they start dating. It would seem like the whole idea would be to get to know the person, which you can't really do during a movie. I'd save movies until after you've been dating for a little bit. Just my view on it.

GOTO THE ZOOOOO! I took my first date there cuz I knew she loved animals. I actualy wound up taking 2 girls :O

hmmm, maybe Thai food and art gallery? Art gallery is expensive though :( .

Take her out to a party, get her pissy drunk and let's see how she acts then. My personal technique to sort out them girlies.

phase 1: go to see something interesting, like a play or a fireworks display if ones on, or even an interesting film (at an indie cinema if poss)

phase 2: the walk, wander and talk, wander an talk, untill you reach...

phase 3: oh, you just happened to walk past a nice place to have an impromptue, casual bite-to-eat. how nice. you dazzle her with your wit and intelectual conversation and your such a gentleman that you insist on paying.

phase 4: you walk her home, but don't go too much out of your way, all the way is fine if it's close, but don't travel with her. walk her to the bus stop or whatever.

phase 5: say goodbye, you had a good time, would like to do it again soon, and give her a peck on the lips. it can be a little longer than a peck, but no full on smoochies, unless of course she initiates it.

it may be cliched but just be yourself - she see through bullshit pretty quick
oh and do activities that involve long walking and talking sessions after - girls seem to love that *shrugs
Rambler seems to have the allmighty dating formula nailed

Neutrino said:
Meh, don't go to a movie. It's really cliche, plus I never really understood why people go to movies when they start dating. It would seem like the whole idea would be to get to know the person, which you can't really do during a movie. I'd save movies until after you've been dating for a little bit. Just my view on it.

If I ever leave my current gf, I feel sorry for any guy whos asks her to a movie, suffice to say that relationship will end or he'll be too humiliated to carry on. I'm happy to say I've never asked her to a movie, since I found early on she doesn't like theaters. Plus, we're both much deeper than that and prefer conversation over sitting and doing nothing.

Anyway, there are a lot of things to do.

My personal favorites (for nighttime):

* A local coffee shop where there is a comfy place to sit and chat.
* Any garden at all, as long as it's nice. Some are open at night.
* A cafe, usually the nice ones with some big armchairs to sit and chat.
* The mall.

There's nothing wrong with restaurants as long as their nice and you have somewhere to go afterwards. I actually think restaurants are great for firsts, because you do have time to sit and talk. But, I love coffee shops and cafes much more just because their smaller and more homely. There's one by her house that is basically a house made into coffee house; it's great. We can go upstairs into the book room and sit and talk for hours.

SubKamran said:
favorites (for nighttime):

* The mall.

seriously, are you joking? or are you 11?

are YOU joking?

maybe for a kiddy date, and anyway yeah they're nice things to do if your out already, but not for a planned date. and, 'the mall'? how lame is that?

rambler said:
your such a gentleman that you insist on paying.

Be careful how you supplicate to girls. The flawed 'can I buy you a drink' line is a good example

jondy said:
Be careful how you supplicate to girls. The flawed 'can I buy you a drink' line is a good example

Heh.
I don't buy drinks for girls I'm trying to get on. But being a gentleman can be important, gotta tailor these sort of things to the girl.

ComradeBadger said:
Heh.
I don't buy drinks for girls I'm trying to get on. But being a gentleman can be important, gotta tailor these sort of things to the girl.

You are indeed a master of this fine art.

What kind of a question is that? If you ask on a hl2.net forum means that you are a gamer...and the thing with people meeting is to learn things about each other right?

Take her to a LAN cafe and pwn her, let her pwn you sometimes. I promise, its not as stupid as it sounds! Once i was at a LAN cafe and this dude brough his girlfriend and tought her how to play UT2004, she sat there laughing like hell, they had so much fun. Sometimes she panict when there was so much action. They had a great time! :D

Ravioli said:
What kind of a question is that? If you ask on a hl2.net forum means that you are a gamer...and the thing with people meeting is to learn things about each other right?

Take her to a LAN cafe and pwn her, let her pwn you sometimes. I promise, its not as stupid as it sounds! Once i was at a LAN cafe and this dude brough his girlfriend and tought her how to play UT2004, she sat there laughing like hell, they had so much fun. Sometimes she panict when there was so much action. They had a great time! :D
QFTMFT
I've taught individual gfs to play Battlefield 2, AvP and Deus Ex - never over did it cos of their shorter attention spans but damn it works a charm:)

rambler said:
seriously, are you joking? or are you 11?
Those ideas were actually quite mature of him. I think going out on dates to cinemas are shite, you don't even talk, you just sit next to each other. I would say go someone thats significant, like a big monument, i sometimes sit with the missus in trafalgar square at night with all the lights on, its very nice because you can talk! Something like that. Sit in cafe, or go to a museum, ice skating, or anything you like doing. You may think they are a little boring ideas, but its an activity to do together which makes it a laugh and memorable. I'm sure you'll think of something, good luck Dan :)

DVD + Pot Noodle. If she can't handle that then give her the boot, restaurants are lame. Lets sit in a room with tens of other people, no lets not.

rambler said:
are YOU joking?

maybe for a kiddy date, and anyway yeah they're nice things to do if your out already, but not for a planned date. and, 'the mall'? how lame is that?

I disagree.

* The mall.

All involve a nice location and a quiet spot to talk and get to know one another. That's usually what dates are for....getting to know the other person through conversation. The first three places he listed are all great spots for conversation. As for the mall it depends on what type of mall it is and what he meant by it. A lot of malls have open coffee shops/resteraunts etc that could be nice. Though no, it wouldn't be that great at all for a first date.

Please tell me how enjoyable conversation in a quiet atmosphere is a "kiddy date"?

Dates? I just ask girls if they want to have sex. It's hit or miss and a lot more efficient.

Take her to a amusement park ( 6 flags)
The rides and emotions makes them produce dopamine and adrenaline in their brain. Both will make the girl more open and like you better.

StardogChampion said:
DVD + Pot Noodle. If she can't handle that then give her the boot, restaurants are lame. Lets sit in a room with tens of other people, no lets not.
Oh No! Other people, How frightening........ Seriously get out more, Doctors orders.

I don't mean to sound like a tool that discusses his love life on the internet, but well, it's not exactly the thing to bring up with buddies over a beer. The good news is that she's totally into me which means that it can't really go wrong no matter what. We've gone out on weekends but it always seems to be doing something with a group of her friends. So it's not exactly a first date. And the other thing is that she's about 8 yrs older than me which means gotta keep the maturity level up. No mention of computer games.

Dan said:
So it's not exactly a first date. And the other thing is that she's about 8 yrs older than me which means gotta keep the maturity level up.

How old are you?? If you're 12 and she's 20...

I'm 19, she's 26 or 28. I just remember that her sister who is either one year older or younger than her is 27.

Hint : "Plate" is actually a code word women use. When she says the word "plate" show her your penis.

Japanese Steakhouse! where the chefs throw around the food,your guarenteed to get laid after taking her there
p.s load her up with saki while your there ;)

Back