Ridley Scott directing Alien Prequel

I think my feelings on this subject can be summarized in two words: F*CK YEAH

Awesome. This is the best prequel news ever.

Hm.

Well, it probably won't involve gratuitous horrific violence then.

But, but what about Forever War...? :(

Hell, **** it, Alien prequel!

I really don't get what they can do story wise. What can they show? How that giant alien pilot crashlanded with the xenomorphs on that planet?

I really don't get what they can do story wise. What can they show? How that giant alien pilot crashlanded with the xenomorphs on that planet?

That's what I was thinking. Or perhaps even sooner than that.

"Whatever the circumstances, what does seem to be officially confirmed now (rather than just rumoured and hoped for) is that the film is a prequel to the 1979 original, presumably dealing with the events that led the elephant-faced Space Jockey and his croissant-shaped ship to crash on Giger World. "
-Empire

Sounds about right.

We still don't know the origins of the Aliens/Xenomorph's. Not to mention, the purpose of the giant alien corpse aka "Space Jockey". I Am sure that Ridley and his writers have come up with an interesting storyline.

I suspect the plan will involve the space jockey home planet or related colony.

Would be awesome if Giger was involved with this project, maybe hes a bit too old now.

That's more like fanfiction than back-story.

That's more like fanfiction than back-story.

Yeah, I think I misread the top part. Honestly, it doesn't even sound that interesting and I'm glad it's not the actual backstory. :p

That's not canon. Crap fan fiction like that is all over the net.

At least it won't be like that avp bull**** they made...this will actually be pretty good I feel

i wish they'd just let this franchise die already, although ridley scott's direction gives me faith.

If Space Jockey has an American accent I will be veh disappointed, mr. Scott.

Also, lets not forget that Dan O'Bannon contributed a huge chunk towards the success of Alien - without him involved, or indeed Giger, the prequel will be kinda soft even with Scott at the helm. I would seriously want to see this film, but a little piece of me hopes Scott backs out as it could easily be a career ender if he gets it wrong. Let somebody else take the blame I say.

Hmm.

I'm happy it's Scott doing it, but I still don't see the need for it. Part of me doesn't want to see a prequel, but if it's Scott at the helm then I'm sort of interested... to be totally honest I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole thing.

:/

If Space Jockey has an American accent I will be veh disappointed, mr. Scott.

LOL, at the thought that the whole movie will feature giant elephant faced English speaking aliens as the main characters. :p

I think he'll have too much trouble giving a new film the same edge that Alien had. That was a seriously and genuinely scary film first time around, and now that the Aliens have been established in popular culture I don't think it'll be possible to have such a tense and mysterious atmosphere.

Especially for a potential background story.

LOL, at the thought that the whole movie will feature giant elephant faced English speaking aliens as the main characters. :p

I was kinda hoping for Afrikaans

I think he'll have too much trouble giving a new film the same edge that Alien had. That was a seriously and genuinely scary film first time around, and now that the Aliens have been established in popular culture I don't think it'll be possible to have such a tense and mysterious atmosphere.

Especially for a potential background story.

True, hes been a hit and miss recently aswell.

Wonder if he has any plans to make this in 3D? I think Fortress War is supposed to be filmed in 3D.

Please, please god I hope it's not 3d.

3d films just seem extremely gimmicky to me until they figure out a way to make it more realistically 3d. I find it disrupts my suspension of disbelief rather than enhances it.

3d films just seem extremely gimmicky to me until they figure out a way to make it more realistically 3d. I find it disrupts my suspension of disbelief rather than enhances it.

I have faith in Cameron's tech. He has yet to let me down.

206g7m1.jpg

Quite. The only reason Aliens worked was because it was a completely different movie.

We still don't know the origins of the Aliens/Xenomorph's. Not to mention, the purpose of the giant alien corpse aka "Space Jockey". I Am sure that Ridley and his writers have come up with an interesting storyline.

But I don't want to know the damn origins of the Aliens and what really happened with that poor Space Jockey!

That's what makes it eerie, creepy, and interesting. Why is this giant alien creature in this chair, was he forced? Was that a strange machine he used to pilot the ship?

I don't want to hear some lame ass story about their alien race developing the Xenomorphs in order to fight a war or blah blah blah.

You don't need to do that.

Just set it on a dead world with horrible Gigeresque architecture, where the protagonists learn nothing about what actually transpired as they all fall, revealing the universe to be full of unexplainable horror and mystery.

See? Easy.

i hope scott comes to his sences and doesnt make this film. it shouldve ended with alien 3.

THATS RIGHT I SAID ALIEN 3.

I don't want any of that. I don't want this prequel. Go away movie.

HOLLYWOOD: alien prequel is coming!

ME: BOOO!!

HOLLYWOOD: Ridley scott is directing!

ME: slightly less promiment boo!!

I don't want to know!!! And actually that reminds me I don't want to know th origins of the thing! I hope the people involved in that dreaded prequel die slowly :flame:

Back