Rope Bridge Video Tutorial

IchI

Reaction score
Yo, In this video tutorial I will walk you through step by step how to setup a bridge with constraints and visual ropes. Have fun Very Happy

NOTE: When I was recording my mic is a little muffled than usual, sorry about this. The video tutorial will be remade soon involding more advanced features.

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/;34029

P.S. If I could edit my posts I would stick all my tutorials in one thread, HINT HINT!

Good god! I haven't even gotten to the doors vid yet and you came out w/ another good topic. :) Thanks dude.

Ian

Nice tutorial. Good work explaining and showing what to do. Keep up the good work :)

It comes up with page cannot be displayed on the download links....

:(

I'll try the USA link... maybe i'll have more luck. :)

EDIT: It worked...

IchI, you are a Hammer god. Now, do one on setting up a mounted machine gun like those in the game that you can use. No one I've talked to knows how, and we all want to know.

Demaratus said:
IchI, you are a Hammer god. Now, do one on setting up a mounted machine gun like those in the game that you can use. No one I've talked to knows how, and we all want to know.

Oooooh Yes!

Do it!! Do it Now!!

Watched the vid...

I love the end where you say "I hope you enjoyed it or whatever"

as if it was the last thing you would have fun doing! :p

Heheh, great tutorial. Thanks. :)

Ichi is the coolest! Your video tut's rock :)

Lol, I clicked on your name to look and see if I had missed any video tutorials, and I saw your birthday is June 30... Same here :D But you're 2 years older, oh well.

Just watched it, and it was awesome. Altough I knew how to make a rope bridge before but this tutorial is just exellent.

Nice work, and nice accent (sp?) by the way. I stuck with me stupid swedish... =(

I am uploading my next video tutorial now, I might get it up tonight. Dunno yet.

oooooh very very nice, i was just about to try to do something like this, your tuts have helped me out alot , best vid tutorials ive seen keep it up :)

eiric said:
Just watched it, and it was awesome. Altough I knew how to make a rope bridge before but this tutorial is just exellent.

Nice work, and nice accent (sp?) by the way. I stuck with me stupid swedish... =(

Äh, klaga inte på svenskan! Även fast Engelska är så mycket bättre men vad fan! :D

For you that didnt understand the above, here´s a quick translation:
Dont complain about the swedish languege(sp?). Even though english is so much better, but what the heck.

Swedish is awesome (my family is originally from Gotland, a small island off the coast of mainland Sweden).

Anyway, for rope bridges, would it be possible to link a lot of small planks together, to get the classic rope bridge look? I bet it would be, but I'm just wondering before I put a lot of work into it.

Vamp said:
Äh, klaga inte på svenskan! Även fast Engelska är så mycket bättre men vad fan! :D

For you that didnt understand the above, here´s a quick translation:
Dont complain about the swedish languege(sp?). Even though english is so much better, but what the heck.

Ok, svenska är väl ok. Men engelska med irländsk brytning är det bästa som finns!

Translation:
Ok, swedish is alright. But english with irish accent is the best thing ever!

IchI, your voice is so sexy ;)

Really nice job, very cool tutorial :)

Are these tutorials kind of screwy for any one else? i've not heard a complaint so i'll try updating/reinstalling quicktime, the first basic map tutorial crashed a few times for me but once again, i think it's just me :) great tutorials btw

Think you might need quicktime 6.0... Try updating that.

man i d pay for these tutorials :p
They realy do help alot :D
thx man
The ones with the doors was the best one ever!!!1111 You rocks

wow, thats awesome man, help me a lot.

much thanks <3

how would i go about doing something like this, but instead of the bridge flat brush a, say tree trunk, or spear brush thats held up, and triggered.

like a boobie trap

and yes, i just said boobie

bump...

It would really help if I could get a stick, I will talk with an admin later on about it. Then we can just stick all video tutorials into one thread, rather than all over the place.

good idea, gogo admins sticky this!!!!. these tutorials own :) good work.

maybe because it's in window mode
speculation though i'm not certain

ichi you got any tut videos that can playon windows media player :( .
i havnt got quicktime

Ok, tried this (going to make a video tut on pulley systems - aka the cars in Ravenholm) but my phys_lengthconstraint doesn't have a flipping origin! ::sigh:: What's going on?

You should be able to run HL2 and Hammer simultaneously and then alt-tab to switch between them.

Korebolter, try Quicktime alternative(google it) if its a problem with Quicktime you have, it's a smaller and easier way to play quicktime movies i think

I'm converting the tuts to avi at the moment because my quicktime is f-ed up but i doubt i'll be allowed to/have anywhere to host the file. Don't even know if it'll work well yet either :(

Hell give the guy his own forumsssss!! Thanks a ton for the vids man it helps more then you know.

Bastion said:
Hell give the guy his own forumsssss!! Thanks a ton for the vids man it helps more then you know.

LOL, I wouldn't complain :p I asked Munro (Leader dude of hl2.net) about giving me small moderator rights to my own threads but he said no :(

All I wanted to do was get 1 sticky thread and put all the video tutorial in it. Then just edit it myself when I release a new video tutorial. I could do it but it would involve me contacting people and running after admins every 2 seconds just to get my thread updated and tbh, i really can't be assed. I will do it on hl2 world, they will let me :D

HolySdrJR said:
Ok, tried this (going to make a video tut on pulley systems - aka the cars in Ravenholm) but my phys_lengthconstraint doesn't have a flipping origin! ::sigh:: What's going on?

Make sure the Toggle Helpers button is checked. Far right button on the map operations bar.

pieman said:
Make sure the Toggle Helpers button is checked. Far right button on the map operations bar.

does that just turn on and of the orgin for some entities ? as well as doors etc..?

Its used as a visual aid in most cases. Although it can be used to change properties of some entities. Mine was turned off by default, thats why i was so stumped about moving the origin arounds.

Back