School Assignment -: Cobras

Reaction score
Alright guys I got a new assignment today in science and I need help

Basicaly I would really apreciate it if you guys could tell me what you know about Cobra's.

Please just three requests under that

No links
No "Uh, google dude"
and also please no "it's a snake with a hood"

thanks all

First rule: several cobra are called cobras. An item belonging to a cobra is the cobra's.

Giant cobras once attacked my neighborhood. After days of fierce fighting with steel shovels and powerful lawnmowers, we eventually took back our territory. Goddamn cobras.

the_rebel_medic said:
...you forgot the link

2 out of 3 ain't bad. Plus, a link would actually be helpful. Which is why I'm confused as to why you don't want one.

I'm sure you could learn much more from this, than from what people tell you on this forum.

What exactly do you need to know? Just some general info? I know pretty much all there is about em lol

First of all they belong to the family of snakes called elapids, they have fixed front fangs that don't move like a viper (snakes like rattlesnakes) called elapids. This also includes snakes like coral snakes and mambas. There are also many snakes refered to as "cobras" but are not in the same family, like the King Cobra, has a hood like a cobra, but is different physiologically compared to true cobras. Some only get about 3 or 4 feet, but some also get upwards of 9 or 10 like the egyptian cobra or black forest cobra. THeyre usually pretty opportunistic, eating pretty much anything small enough to fit in their mouths. Hmm anything else you need to know ? :D

AzzMan said:
What exactly do you need to know? Just some general info? I know pretty much all there is about em lol

That suited your avatar more than you think.

Cobras? Better'n' asps, who incidentally steal both jobs and women. Goddamn asps.

Cobras are venomous snakes of family Elapidae, of several genera. Elapidae also incluse the taipans, brown snakes, tiger snakes, fierce snakes, coral snakes, mambas, and sea snakes. Elapida cannot fold their fangs down, as Viperdae can, so the fangs are generally shorter. They generally inhabit tropical and desert regions of Asia and Africa. Cobras kill their prey, usually small rodents and birds, by injecting a neurotoxin through their hollow fangs. The neurotoxin blocks the synapse between neurons, thus stopping movement and control. The King Cobra notably eats other snakes; it feeds almost entirely on other snakes, even venomous ones (ophiophagy). The spitting cobra can also incapacitate larger would-be predators by delivering venom to their eyes. Cobras come in varying colors from black or dark brown to yellowish white. The (jet) black cobra found in North India is considered a sub-species of cobra.

The cobra's most recognizable feature is its hood, a flap of skin and muscle behind the head which it can flare, perhaps for the purpose of making it appear bigger and more threatening to predators. The cobra's predators include the mongoose and some raptors.

"Cobra" is the Portuguese common name for a snake; it came from late Latin *colobra (for classical coluber, colubra). When Portuguese navigators arrived to the coasts of Africa and South Asia in the 16th century, they named the cobras "cobra-capelo" = "hood-snake"; from this compound, the name entered Spanish, French, English, and other European languages.

The cobra is important in Hindu symbolism.

RakuraiTenjin said:
Cobras are venomous snakes of family Elapidae, of several genera. Elapidae also incluse the taipans, brown snakes, tiger snakes, fierce snakes, coral snakes, mambas, and sea snakes. Elapida cannot fold their fangs down, as Viperdae can, so the fangs are generally shorter. They generally inhabit tropical and desert regions of Asia and Africa. Cobras kill their prey, usually small rodents and birds, by injecting a neurotoxin through their hollow fangs. The neurotoxin blocks the synapse between neurons, thus stopping movement and control. The King Cobra notably eats other snakes; it feeds almost entirely on other snakes, even venomous ones (ophiophagy). The spitting cobra can also incapacitate larger would-be predators by delivering venom to their eyes. Cobras come in varying colors from black or dark brown to yellowish white. The (jet) black cobra found in North India is considered a sub-species of cobra.

The cobra's most recognizable feature is its hood, a flap of skin and muscle behind the head which it can flare, perhaps for the purpose of making it appear bigger and more threatening to predators. The cobra's predators include the mongoose and some raptors.

"Cobra" is the Portuguese common name for a snake; it came from late Latin *colobra (for classical coluber, colubra). When Portuguese navigators arrived to the coasts of Africa and South Asia in the 16th century, they named the cobras "cobra-capelo" = "hood-snake"; from this compound, the name entered Spanish, French, English, and other European languages.

The cobra is important in Hindu symbolism.

Wikipedia FTW

The Cobra C214K missle system was designed in 1975 to protect ground stationary defences from enemy jets.

Here is the list of its models;
X0AC-07B04-A543F (PO5P)
X0AC-07B04-A593F
X0AC000967T
X0AC0711B07F (POP7)
X0AC0711B12F
X0AC0711D12R

-Source: Random BS generator, Korean version.

15357 said:
The Cobra C214K missle system was designed in 1975 to protect ground stationary defences from enemy jets.

Here is the list of its models;
X0AC-07B04-A543F (PO5P)
X0AC-07B04-A593F
X0AC000967T
X0AC0711B07F (POP7)
X0AC0711B12F
X0AC0711D12R

-Source: Random BS generator, Korean version.
omg, it's numbers! yay! I am so pleased you are not dead.

COBRA

n
employment insurance law: a federal law that requires employers to offer limited-time cash-premium health insurance to their terminating employees who by leaving work will lose their insurance.
Full form Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act

I have and with my expirence have discovered that sensible forum users are more wise then Mr. IE and Mr. FF :p

the_rebel_medic said:
I have and with my expirence have discovered that sensible forum users are more wise then Mr. IE and Mr. FF :p

Try the library.

Cobra's are magical creatures which can kill you if you look at them, there usually pink in colour and are the only snake with hair.

theSteven said:
Cobra's are magical creatures which can kill you if you look at them, there usually pink in colour and are the only snake with hair.
I thought that was manticores :S

Anyway, focus the report on spitting cobras. They're cool, 'cuz they can spit venom at people's EYES!

15357 said:
:D what made you think that?
me not seeing you post for a couple days+ korea- tank barriers= no 15357 in my mind.

Focus it on everything, including the helis and missle systems!
Que-Ever said:
I thought that was manticores :S

Anyway, focus the report on spitting cobras. They're cool, 'cuz they can spit venom at people's EYES!

me not seeing you post for a couple days+ korea- tank barriers= no 15357 in my mind.

:E

Back