spawning question

Mr. Waffles

Reaction score
Ok, so how do i make it so the ct and t spawn with out any guns or knives? they just spawn like in surf_mehchopper with absolutely nothing?

New question...is there any way to use that to make everyone to spawn with a certin weapon? cause i wanna make it so the CT and T will spawn with ONLY an m4a1

is that possible w/o having to put m4a1's under every spawn point?

game_player_equip also takes care of that. If you have Reaven0's FDG for CS:S it makes it a whole lot easier. Even if you don't it's only a little bit harder. You might have to google the proper info to enter. I suggest using the custom FDG though.

Counter-Strike Source Entity Definition File 1.0.8b [cstrike-gflyer108b.zip] -- By Groundflyer/Raeven0

Put it in your Steam User Directory under "\sourcesdk\bin\".
Also you have to tell hammer to use it instead, go into your hammer options and the first tab should show you your current FDG. Click edit and browse to the new FDG, which should be in the same directory as the original.

Just to add on for anyone who might use the search function :imu:

Here's how it works without the FDG, but I still recommend you get it because it's pure genius.

Code:
1. Add your "game_player_equip" entity anywhere. (I usually put it just outside/inside the skybox where there isn't anything else)

2. Go into it's properties and turn off Smart Edit.

3. If you want to remove the weapon, don't enter any key. 
 However if you want to give the player a weapon add a new key named after the weapon you want to equip (eg. weapon_knife, weapon_stunstick, etc...) and give it a value of 1(one)
There you have it. A working game_player_equip (unless I forgot something). Now go download Raeven0's FDG. :)

Firkat54 said:
Here's how it works without the FDG

4. If you want to strip the weapon from the player give the key the value 0 (zero).
This might be new. I've never seen it. Setting a key with a value of 0 is supposed to give 0 weapons (Source's game_player_equip just drops weapons on the player instead of giving them to him), but it's always been bugged in a way that a value of 0 causes a gun to be given anyway.

Yea, that's wrong. I dunno why I put that there lmao. To take away a weapon, just don't give it a key :p

Back