Steam Holiday Sale 2013 Begins - December 19th Through January 3rd

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Steam Holiday Sale 2013 has arrived over on the Steam Store! Set to run from December 19th through until January 3rd 2014, the sale has reintroduced daily deals, flash sales, and the community choice voting system. The sale has also introduced the surprise return of event-exclusive downloadable content for a series of select game titles, something which has been absent from Steam Sales since the inclusion of redeemable tickets during the 2011 Summer Sale.

Daily deals continue to fill the same role as ever by offering substantial price reductions on 9 select game titles for 24 hours, with a new set of games being revealed every day at 6:00pm GMT. Flash sales are also identical to previous sales by featuring heavy price reductions on 3 select games, but with a much smaller time window of only 8 hours. The Community Choice system, which was missing from the Autumn Sale last month, returns to provide Steam users with the option to decide which of three specific game titles should be put on sale for 8 hours at a time. Voting in three separate Community Choice votes will provide the user with a free Snow Globe trading card.

In a manner similar to the Summer Sale, new Snow Globe trading cards have been introduced to provide users with a new "Snow Globe 2013" Steam badge which can be crafted an unlimited number of times. When crafted, players are provided with the usual themed emoticon and background alongside new game-specific rewards for "top Free to Play titles", which of course includes Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2, amongst others. Crafting a standard Snow Globe badge will provide the user with a single item for one of the listed games, while a Foil Snow Globe badge will award the player with five items.

Some notable games included in the first round of Daily Deals include Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham Origins, Monaco, and the always entertaining Stanley Parable, which just happens to be the only game in today's Daily Deals that we have reviewed.

Be sure to check out the Steam Store every few hours to avoid missing out on any deals. Don't forget the golden rule of Steam Sales: Hold off on buying a game that's on sale until you find it on either a Community Choice vote, a Flash Deal, or a Daily Deal, as you will most likely be able to receive an even greater discount. If the game hasn't appeared on any of the previously mentioned lists before the sale concludes on January 3rd, go ahead and purchase it, as you'll still be able to grab yourself a bargain.

Happy spending!

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 8,441
  • holiday.PNG
    holiday.PNG
    331.2 KB · Views: 14,617
  • Rewards.PNG
    Rewards.PNG
    231 KB · Views: 7,837
Well that sucks... straight off the bat, 4 games I wanna get. This sale is gonna end me... :(

omg i sold 5 of my snowglobes cards for 1€ each ... now they are like 20 cents hahaha

I managed to get one of the 14 "Precious" items for Warframe after crafting my first badge level. Sold it on the marketplace for £59. Hell, I'll take £52 for nothing (minus fees).

Back