Steam P2P Files

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Looks like Valve released a hidden update for a P2P file transfer application to integrate with Steam. Check Steamreview.com for more info.[br]

Also you can check their impressions on the Steam Community in this review.
The Steam Community will succeed because of Steam?s popularity, as already established with Counter-Strike, Half-Life 2, and the snowballing library expansion since. Unlike the untethered Xfire-like solutions of the past, joining groups, browsing the network, using voice chat, using group chat and tracking events will be immediately availability to thirteen million active players. There?s no need to entice a single one of them to sign up or install additional software, or have them worry about whether their friends will ever make it to the same network. The Community ?just works?.
[br]

In other news the Bioshock demo is available on Steam now.

I subscribed to FP to download the BS demo... Ir's still downloading, and now Steam has it too? :|

Can't wait for this to be 'leased...

Mod support eh?

Sings "Somewhere, beyond the seas, somewhere, waiting for me...."

I don't understand the Bioshock bit:

BioShock will be available via Steam and at retail on August 21 in the U.S. and August 24 in Europe.

Does this mean that because Episode Two is released in Europe on October 12th, Europeans can only get it on Steam October 12th, whilst the Americans have it October 9th?

Xen - no.

My Bioshock demo runs perfectly up to the point where the batysphere enters Rapture, then it fades out and my computer locks up on the completely black screen, sometimes with looping ambient sound in the background.

Xen - no.

My Bioshock demo runs perfectly up to the point where the batysphere enters Rapture, then it fades out and my computer locks up on the completely black screen, sometimes with looping ambient sound in the background.
This is why I will be getting it on my xbox.

Check your sound drivers

Interesting bit about p2p. Wonder what it means?

o lawdie izzat sum p2p on mah steam games???

Sings "Somewhere, beyond the seas, somewhere, waiting for me...."
Congratulations 2K, you've managed to bring Bobby Darin to the gaming masses.

"My lover stands on golden saaaaands, and watches the ships..." :D

Back