Tank has a heart condition

ZachAttack

Reaction score
I've had this happen a few times. In the warehouse before the train yard we came across a Tank and having no Molotov's (and playing on expert) thought it best to run back to the offices to try to find one. In the middle of our frantic search the Tank music stopped and we went back to find him dead. He wasn't burnt and as far as I know none of us shoot him. I've seen it also happen in the finale. In the end cinematic a Tank (also unhurt) just died and then fell off the rooftop (pretty funny actually).

I guess the game decides to kill them for some reason. It would be neat if they worked it into the story. Bill could say "Looks as if it's heart just gave out", seeing as being a tank must be a tremendous amount of stress on it's organs.

Anyone else seen this happen?

Perhaps this is the AI version of the frustration meter in versus. If the tank can't get to grips with any survivors it just strokes out.

Saw a tank get onto the house roof on Death Toll, stand there for about 10 seconds, then die. It's odd.

Maybe director decided you should be cut a break :p

Glenn spawned as a Tank earlier with about the same health as a Hunter. Took about three shots from the survivors and died.

never seen it with tanks...but boomers regularly seem to suicide.

I think it might be a general thing with boss infected, if you get too far away from them...maybe the AI director is under the same restrictions as in versus with max 4 boss infected in play and they get killed off in order to spawn new ones in front of the player.

Boomers voluntarily walking into fire (not from molotovs, but from permanent fire sources) is hilarious.

The only boss infected I've witness suicide is the smoker.

For example, we've just had a battle with the horde and a smoker attempted to snare one of us, but his tongue gets cut off, and he shuffles away to hide.

We'll finish off the zombies and continue on, and then suddenly we'll hear the "poof-wheez" sound a smoker makes when it dies. I always thought that maybe they fell down or something... but I'm thinking they just die when you get too far away.

Boss infected appear to spawn as bot controlled players, not as the regular infected spawn... so they can't just vanish. I think the game has to kill them off in order to spawn another closer by.

Once I was a tank, on fire with 4000 HP still left, when a survivor meleed me and killed me. My friends told me it happens often though.

AFAIK Fire damage to a tank has nothing to do with the hit-points, the tank will die after a set amount of time regardless of hit-points left...and that is usually before you actually reach zero...I believe as you said that if you get hit with a molotov at full health, as Tank, you will burn out and die around the 4000hp mark(depending on how much additional fire you take from the survivors)

I've experienced a couple of times being set on fire in versus mode and just die with around 3000-4000 health left.

I saw the start of the title "Tank has a heart..." and I really hoped that the next words would be "of gold". I am disappointed.

I'm glad he doesn't have a heart of gold, or I would have that neil young song in my head all day.

If the Tank had a heart of gold...

he'd throw you high fives instead of debris.

Back