V10 - A Veggie-Made Flash Music Video

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Thanks for coming.
This is a flash movie I worked on for about half a year and finished about a year ago. (Nov 2005) I submitted it to some art competition and it won locally and then nationally, a gold medal in animation for all of the United States, that's over 11000 high schools. Got me a big ole medal. :)

It's one of the only things I'm actually proud of, especially after a year has gone by. The reason I haven't posted it online is because I've just been too lazy to put a preloader on it and upload it and stuff, I'm actually not sure why it's taken me so long other then that.

Enough about that, the movie is like I said made in Flash, almost all hand drawn frame by frame. It's a "music video" for Aphex Twin's song "Cock-Ver10"

I hope you enjoy. Sorry about the crappy MegaUpload, I literally couldn't find anything else that worked for some reason. Also my internet is running suspiciously slow today. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if you watched, thanks.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Z4FNDUU

Mirror Added: http://rapidshare.com/files/1618802/v10finaltweaked.swf.html

Another mirror courtesy of Joule! http://www.team-cyn.com/files/v10finaltweaked.swf
Best to right click save as!

I was blown away watching this. I just loved every bit of it. It doesn't seem to have an overall scheme from what I can tell, but what fascinated me the most was the randomness of it all, and the stylish way of animation done. It's like looking into my mind... chaotic, full of evil, explosions, and falling boxes!

Awesome Job Vegeta!

Is there anybody who could upload this to their website without it costing an arm and a leg, or anything much? The upload site veggy has it on doesn't do it justice.

EDIT: THanks Joule for mirroring it.

I saw this awhile back, but it still holds up its awesomeness. The animation goes with the song: random and crazy. Together, it makes a wonderful piece.

How the HELL do you add a tracker into a torrent? I tried demonoid but its not working.

I'm willing to view it with youtube quality if someone wants to upload it, because I seriously can't figure those ****ing download sites out.

Use Joule's, simple right click save as.

I refuse to put this in YouTube quality D:

I don't understand what's so hard about them, with Megaupload you enter the 3 letter code and then wait 45 seconds. Click the button when it's done.

That f*cking sucked the wind out of me from being so awesome. :D

zomg, im downloading it and i cant wait to see it now after everyone's post!

DOWNLOAD FASTER!!

Thanks everyone :D Glad you all enjoyed it.

Wow, I just got around to watching this and I can only say it's amazing. Really creative. How long did it take you?

Congratulations. You've made me want to listen to Aphex Twin. :D

I somehow missed this? Watching now.

EDIT: Let me have your babies

That was creepy but awesome.

I want those tanks as my wallpaper!

The tanks is one of my favorite parts. I did put a lot of time into drawing them. Tanks of that style play a large part in a storyboard I started working on for another music video, just because I liked them so much. Don't get your hopes up on that though.

Here you go.

http://www.isotown.net/v10tanksbg.jpg

If you want a shot without any of them firing I can do that.

Edit: Just in case: http://www.isotown.net/v10tanksbgnofire.jpg

Nah I like the firing one :). Thank ye man, good stuff!

The tanks remind me of Advance Wars. :D

Good stuff, Veggie.

I wish you had put less annoying flashing faces in and more awesome stuff like the tanks and falling boxes in THREE DEE BUT NOT. I basically sat through all the sketchy parts waiting for more of the nice stuff, until my tolerance level of fairly bad music combined with flashing annoying faces was reached and I closed the movie. In the hypothetical scenario where you would make a video only for my enjoyment I would say: sketch less. Or put it all at the end. or draw annoying faces invisibly. And pick music that doesn't make me hulksmash. Thanks in advance.

Well filling over 5000 frames with well drawn pictures would have taken way too long obviously, and as for the music that's a matter of opinion, I doubt everyone else in here is into the type of music but they enjoyed the movie anyway, anyone can be open-minded. It's a pity you couldn't finish watching the movie, that's not really fair to me but it's your choice.

Well filling over 5000 frames with well drawn pictures would have taken way too long obviously, and as for the music that's a matter of opinion, I doubt everyone else in here is into the type of music but they enjoyed the movie anyway, anyone can be open-minded. It's a pity you couldn't finish watching the movie, that's not really fair to me but it's your choice.

You arrogant prick, I don't like you any more.

You're probably joking, but I don't see how that was arrogant? I agreed with him if I could have filled the whole thing with fancy vector looking sequences it would be fantastic, but some of the sketchy parts turned out great in my opinion anyway. As for the music it's not like I made the music so there's no arrogance there, and as for not being able to finish the movie I do indeed feel pity because the climax is one of the greatest moments.

The music, I have to agree, was a bit annoying in some parts, but, overall, I liked the piece (I'm a bit biased since I like that type of music.). I can see why TGB is complaining, though. However, the animation did match the mood of the song at the time.

Nonsense, this would be nothing without the brilliant frame by frame animation, complimented of course by the vector graphics.

Coo. Had to watch it 3 times to absorb it all :p
I don't understand it, if there's actually something to understand, but I enjoyed watching it anyway. <3 Aphex too.

Hey, I just gave my opinion, in a none too serious fashion. Don't take it overly seriously as complaint/criticism. Instead, be happy the good bits made me listen to aphex twin for more than the time it takes to press close. Sorry if I accidentally broke up the fellatio-rhythm built up in the posts preceding mine.

I didn't really like it, isn't really my thing. The tanks were nice, but other than that I didn't find it interesting.

Back