w00t I got a DS!!!

Vigilante

Reaction score
And...it's really ****in awsome. Seriously, i played around with picto chat for an hour by myself. it's crazy. Super mario 64 DS is really great too, the mini games are a crapload of fun. The camera in the main game can be frustrating..but it's still great fun! everyone should go buy one right now!

oooh is this the thing with the 2 screens? the whole DS Nintendo thing has completely passed me by, im not into handheld gaming, there's no half-life 2. :(

yeah, it's the one with two screens

i'l get some pics as soon as i can find my digi cam

edit: i cant find my camera

Congratz! :cheers:

Hope you have plenty of fun with it. :D

Lol, I bought mine too. It is quite fun, you are correct sir.
And I am guilty of pictochatting with myself for at least 20 mins.

im buying one later today :D i cant wait (with my leet 10% employee discount :))

:dozey: Not really interested in handheld gaming, I might be missing out... but it does look interesting. Although th PSP I might look into, 'cause I hear it'll do more than just play video games; is that true?

ailevation said:
:dozey: Not really interested in handheld gaming, I might be missing out... but it does look interesting. Although th PSP I might look into, 'cause I hear it'll do more than just play video games; is that true?
Yes. It is true.
http://psp.ign.com/articles/513/513175p1.html#basics

And that is what is making me want the PSP even more than the DS. :cheese:

gh0st said:
im buying both :)

what? why! wouldnt it be better to buy a Gamecube and a Ps2 instead? surely you only need one handheld console, and no matter how good the graphics, its still being played on a minute screen :/

dont get me wrong, i think both consoles are great, i just think that theres not really much point in getting TWO. unless you have to take a 3 hour train journey to get to work / school...

*edit* I F*CKING HATE THESE CRAPPY LINKS!!! DIE SPONSORED LINKS!!!

why? because i have money. i have a ps2, i dont want a gamecube. i need both, they both have different games and different functionality. never know when they might come in h andy, but there wont be a mario 64DS on the psp, and there wont be a coded arms for the DS.

edit: yeah these links are gay.

i'm getting a DS for x-mas... i already saw it in the basement hiding behind the other presents ;)

I just got my ds 3 hours ago and I already scratched the ****ing screen playing metroid with the stylus.

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Im going to go out and buy those screen protectors intec is selling now.

But the DS is ****ing awsome. Picto chat is cool but there is no one on it because you have to be near them. And I can choose which screen I want me GBA games to be set on and holy shit there is so many options in this thing its amazing. I love the dual screen's. Metroid was so awsome being able to use the stylus to move the morph ball around.

I had some trouble getting used to the controls in metroid prime hunters.

I already had to return my DS because one of the pixels on my top screen went bad, but it's all good now, I got it exchanged for a new one. I cant wait to show it off at school tomorrow =)

Vigilante said:
I had some trouble getting used to the controls in metroid prime hunters.

I already had to return my DS because one of the pixels on my top screen went bad, but it's all good now, I got it exchanged for a new one. I cant wait to show it off at school tomorrow =)

Ya one of the pixels on my bottem screen is dead, its always green. Going to return it tomorrow and get en extended warrenty this time.

blackeye said:
Ya one of the pixels on my bottem screen is dead, its always green. Going to return it tomorrow and get en extended warrenty this time.

sheesh.. just bought it and already problems?
man they don't make things like they used to.. :|

I think nintendo is going to have a lot of problems with pixels going dead on these things. I can also image that the touch screen will give out after a while just like they do on palm pilots.

Overall Im very happy with my DS. It may not be that comfortable to hold while you are using the stylus but it opens up a lot of unique gameplay elements that might have never been explored.

Im now really looking forward to getting my PSP

blackeye said:
I think nintendo is going to have a lot of problems with pixels going dead on these things. I can also image that the touch screen will give out after a while just like they do on palm pilots.

Overall Im very happy with my DS. It may not be that comfortable to hold while you are using the stylus but it opens up a lot of unique gameplay elements that might have never been explored.

Im now really looking forward to getting my PSP

how much is that thing?
with pixels going dead... i dunno.. doesn't sound like its worth it..especially if its expensive.

Dr. Freeman said:
how much is that thing?
with pixels going dead... i dunno.. doesn't sound like its worth it..especially if its expensive.

I got mine for $180 canadian and I got a 90 day warrenty so im not woried about pixels going dead. But when I get my replacement from best buy Im going to ask for a 2 year warrenty just to be safe next time.

holy shit this thing is awesome! maybe i wont buy a psp now, this things a beast. ihavent had any hardware problems with it.

blackeye said:
I got mine for $180 canadian and I got a 90 day warrenty so im not woried about pixels going dead. But when I get my replacement from best buy Im going to ask for a 2 year warrenty just to be safe next time.
I didnt have money to get a warranty, but I can go in within 30 days to buy a 2 year replacement plan, which I'm going to do next week when i have the money.

Blackeye, if you have mario 64 ds, when you play the one mario mini game where you have to guide his head to the star, do the colors darken every once in a while when you draw a line or marios head comes down (the colors only darken where his head is or where you draw the line..again it's barely noticeable)? You can really only see if you look for it. Draw a line up and down on the far right bar about 1/4 of the way down, and look to the left side of the screen to see if you can just barely see the colors fluctuating.

BTW. I'm not worried about pixels anymore, since I'm getting the 2 year plan..and F*UCK the psp!!! werdz0rz

EDIT: And this black line thing only happens about half of the time you try to see it.

Blackeye, if you have mario 64 ds, when you play the one mario mini game where you have to guide his head to the star, do the colors darken every once in a while when you draw a line or marios head comes down (the colors only darken where his head is or where you draw the line..again it's barely noticeable)? You can really only see if you look for it. Draw a line up and down on the far right bar about 1/4 of the way down, and look to the left side of the screen to see if you can just barely see the colors fluctuating.

I dont have mario 64 but im getting it today hopefully. Tell you if i can see it when i get it.

yeah i may actually not buy a psp now, ive been playing all day at school. good stuff!

unfortunatly i used up all my funds on the ds itself, ill be picking it up friday with my new paycheck

cool, have you found a control scheme you like w/ metroid? i really dont like any of them

anybody who wants a free Nintendo DS, check my sig or click this link here... i will also be renting* out space in my sig and AIM profile for referral links once i have my referrals

the site is run by Offercentric, the 2nd most popular legit free site next to Gratis Internet... need proof?
http://www.freecentricoffers.com/
My Free iPod Pic (from Gratis)
My Free LCD Monitor Pic (from Gratis)

Only 4 referrals and 1 completed offer are needed for a DS.
Only 5 referrals and 2 completed offers are needed for a DS and a free DS game of your choice.

*Price of Sig Rental: being the 1st person to PM me AFTER i have my referrals

I played one today, some kid had it at the bus stop

It looks much better in person, i was playing Mario 64ds

And i would never buy a PSP, Sony isn't really getting the whole premiss of a handheld

Vigilante said:
cool, have you found a control scheme you like w/ metroid? i really dont like any of them
i like the standard one (free look w/ stylus, walk forward w/ D-pad, shoot with R)

just thought id add this (sorry for double post, my 15 minutes is up) mario 64DS got a 5/5 from gamespy. not bad for what amounts to a remake of a classic.

thehunter1320 said:
anybody who wants a free Nintendo DS, check my sig or click this link here... i will also be renting* out space in my sig and AIM profile for referral links once i have my referrals

the site is run by Offercentric, the 2nd most popular legit free site next to Gratis Internet... need proof?
http://www.freecentricoffers.com/
My Free iPod Pic (from Gratis)
My Free LCD Monitor Pic (from Gratis)

Only 4 referrals and 1 completed offer are needed for a DS.
Only 5 referrals and 2 completed offers are needed for a DS and a free DS game of your choice.

*Price of Sig Rental: being the 1st person to PM me AFTER i have my referrals

bahh :(
why are these free deals always restricted to residence of the US only :frown:
i would help u out but i can't have one.. so tough luck :p

so i jsut get 4 ppl to sign up, but ONLY 1 person to complete an offer, and thats it?

Only 4 referrals and 1 completed offer are needed for a DS

Goddamnit I want a DS!

Sucks to be british... and eBay sucks... and no money sucks... job interview on Friday though.

psp got delayed till march I heard (in northamerica and europe only).

Japan is still set for release because PSP will get some heavy competition with DS. And I dont think sony can stand by and watch that. I see no reason not to release it in northamerica though. If its good enough for japan its good enough for me.

Back