Want to get some new speakers for my car

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
The old speakers in my car are on the way out. I would really like to buy some new ones, but I'm not sure what I have to take into consideration besides the speaker size. My car is a 95 Geo Prizm with 4" in front and 6.5" in back. Do I need to match of the wattage with my car deck, or does it not matter? If you guys have any brand suggestions, please feel free to let me know. Keep it relatively cheap though, not looking for something too expensive. I'll do ebay too as long as the speakers are new.

my favorite speakers are probably Polk, but those are probably $200 for a pair unless you get them used

just get some Pioneers from wal-mart or something - listen to the different brands using their demo kiosk, and make your own choice, you can't go wrong

I can go into great detail, but instead I'll just say don't worry about the watts. period

$200 for a pair of car speakers is expensive?

Wow.

$200 for car speakers is expensive?

Wow.

You don't think so? For two little 4" or 6.5" speakers with no enclosure? They get more expensive than that though, but they have separate tweeters you can mount seperately.

So as long as they fit, I shouldn't have a problem?

So as long as they fit, I shouldn't have a problem?

no, it's pretty easy if you can use a screwdriver.

I'm not familiar with your car of course, but every car that I've seen has an interior panel covering the door. You'll have to take that off with the screws around the perimeter of the door, and ... you'll figure it out, it's easy and you can save some money by doing it yourself.

Yeah, I no problem accessing the speakers, and plan on installing them myself. Thanks a lot for the help.

If it's a stock head unit you probably won't be able to find speakers that can't handle it, but you may buy speakers that aren't getting as much power as they can handle. It won't cause any problems but you don't want to get anything too good because it won't be utilized.

You don't think so? For two little 4" or 6.5" speakers with no enclosure? They get more expensive than that though, but they have separate tweeters you can mount seperately.
The low end speakers I'd buy as a musician for monitoring are like 400 a pair.

Perhaps I'm paying for the quality put into getting a true flat sound though.

Back