what is this "Hydra" we speak of?

Zaffino

Reaction score
i was just wondering , what exactly is a Hydra? ive been reading peoples post's about them and how they were cut from the game and what not, i know there an enemy, i just wasnt sure what it was. It would be great if some one could post some screen shots of them thanks. - zaff

d1_eli_010008.jpg

The stare off, who will win?

How come they were cut, anyway? The would have been the coolest enemy.

Loc-Dog said:
How come they were cut, anyway? The would have been the coolest enemy.
If you met one, you were dead. No matter what.

Yeah they had a guy work 6 months on the AI, and they were extremely cool but no fun to actually fight.

They really needed a shield as defence, but holding phys objects in front of you works fine. Its cool to watch them bat things around I guess.

ai_testmap0019.jpg

There's another thread about this somewhere - rather extensive. I believe they can make the critter work if they change some of the features, get creative. Not sure that they will though. Did you find the Bink video yet? I've got them still if you can't find them.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Content would include screen shots, files, etc.

Cept you cant take my screenshot and have a hydra ingame.
Valve doesnt care either way, they gave the hydra to acouple ppl already.

skidz said:
Valve doesnt care either way, they gave the hydra to acouple ppl already.

Sure they gave it to people, uh huh, keep telling yourself that. Thats why they went to the FBI to track down who leaked the game, and the kid is undergoing prosecution.

NEWS FLASH: They care.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Sure they gave it to people, uh huh, keep telling yourself that. Thats why they went to the FBI to track down who leaked the game, and the kid is undergoing prosecution.

NEWS FLASH : It's on the Hyrda Mod front page that they got help from Valve, so they care and they know.

DiSTuRbEd said:

You do know they were after the guy for leaking the source code right? And hacking into thier network.

Oh, and we keep in touch with Valve all the time. We actually let them test it.

tundra_cool said:
Oh, and we keep in touch with Valve all the time. We actually let them test it.

We have even talked to them on the phone.

INTRUDER said:
Your e-penis is so enormous!!!!11 Like ohmigod!!1

I'm aware of this, my e-peni is giganti!

cant say the same for you tho :(

INTRUDER said:
Your e-penis is so enormous!!!!11 Like ohmigod!!1

And it's got your attention. Quick! Look away from your monitor!

Nice thread.....no really.....I think like the first 5 posts were relevant....:sleep:

RABIES said:
Nice thread.....no really.....I think like the first 5 posts were relevant....:sleep:

I also enjoyed it, we should make another. :cheers:

Hydra MOD hasnt had an update in months.
Tis dead I fear.

yes, it is. Romeo is apparnetly releasing the code to all you, none of you will understand what to do with it.

We could throw it in an untextured box and then go on about how great we are for making it.

Or we could just not care.

skidz said:
yes, it is. Romeo is apparnetly releasing the code to all you, none of you will understand what to do with it.

Your arrogance is astounding.

...is the hydra mod leaked software? Based on leaked software?

Beerdude26 said:
If you met one, you were dead. No matter what.
What are you saying? That hydra ain't tougher than me. Where can i find that video of the player fighting them?

Loc-Dog said:
What are you saying? That hydra ain't tougher than me. Where can i find that video of the player fighting them?
Because videos where the player dies aren't a very good thing to realese.

skidz said:
Your ignorance is astounding.
Get some skill newb.

Come back when you learn civility.

Back