Zoey is a mutant.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
Among the many bugs in L4D, the poster that you see in NM, is completely botched up: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771772
I never noticed this until now. There are other errors too which can be seen here:

PillsHere.jpg

IMO buggiest game from Valve to date (which includes pictures).

Also:

bored.jpg

I noticed some of those repetative things in the posters. Same thing with the hand, wasn't quite sure she had 3 hands though, but I noticed her hands were abit 'big'.

The bottom picture is retardedly wrong. Way to fail at trying to point out flaws in the game to be 'cool'.

Well yes reflex, they all do really. The annotating lines indicate all the inconsistencies. The 2nd picture isn't entirely correct but the Louis pictures are the same (the body) and the head is different.

I've not noticed a great deal of those things before, I do think a lot of them are over the top with regard to labelling them as 'lazy' or 'buggy' hool, after all they are just pictures and don't detract from the value of the game. I would be annoyed if I owned the real No Mercy poster with Zoey 3 hands on my wall. Maybe someone can confirm if it's been altered on that?

edit: Pitz you have the posters right?

Yeah, she's got the mutant hands on the real posters.

Well yes reflex, they all do really. The annotating lines indicate all the inconsistencies. The 2nd picture isn't entirely correct but the Louis pictures are the same (the body) and the head is different.

I've not noticed a great deal of those things before, I do think a lot of them are over the top with regard to labelling them as 'lazy' or 'buggy' hool, after all they are just pictures and don't detract from the value of the game. I would be annoyed if I owned the real No Mercy poster with Zoey 3 hands on my wall. Maybe someone can confirm if it's been altered on that?

edit: Pitz you have the posters right?
This has been noted since the demo I read.

I think on one of the pictures it says that Francis has a made up weapon but it's a M4. :|

It must be real hard to enjoy stuff when you notice random crap like that, I feel for you.

I have the posters. If you look at her hands expecting that her left hand is holding onto her right, it'll look like three hands. Looking at it a bit more closely, though, it looks like she wasn't drawn to be holding onto her other hand exactly, but rather a few fingers resting on the bottom of the right hand while the rest are holding onto the underside of her wrist. Sort of like this:

Photo343.jpg

Except in the poster you see the arms extended and not bent like I have them, so the hands seem larger and you get a more straight-on view of the wrist.

If you look at the zoomed in hand that has been enlarged in the first picture, you can see clearly a clipping/crop line that goes right across the top of her index finger. I can see what you mean and what you're saying, but where you have raised your right hand over your left, Zoey appears to be holding onto a large bulk of flesh with her left, and atop that strange bulk there is here right hand holding the pistol.

I pointed this out a few times since the demos release. It's pretty bad to have kept it since then, but then that's the artist in me speaking. It doesn't affect the game or my opinon of the game in any way, but to leave such a blatent error in a final piece of work comes off as quite sloppy to me.

The repetition isn't that great in presentation, either, but at least it can pass off alright to the unwatchful eye.

EDIT: There may be an explanation for the errors, but I don't have any source or reference as to why they would of done them. As the posters are meant to be very B-movie-ish and cheesy horror like, perhaps they have taken inspiration from older posters that have been messed up due to the time and resources at hand? I can't say this for sure though as I can't think of any B-movie posters with many errors, but that is only because I haven't seen many posters to start with.

Well, I haven't seen the final print off, just these versions kicking around online, but I can safely say there is no way these online ones are correct. I'll wait til a good picture of the print appears and have a looksie.

Bottom picture is wrong, but they do have pretty similar poses. Pointing out the weapon flaws is kinda pointless though.

Hey OP!

2590206040_ab4fe79e3f.jpg

Seriously, why bother pointing out flaws on a DRAWN PROMOTIONAL POSTER?

Seriously, why bother pointing out flaws on a DRAWN PROMOTIONAL POSTER?
It isn't promo but it's the first thing you see before playing a game. Also about the weapon thing, I really don't care about the technical things such as people going "KNOW YOUR GUNS RETARD". It's just that when we all saw the posters we were like "those aren't in the game..." and it's true, so why put it in the poster? But ya the artist who did it is rather lazy. The poses are just altered very slightly or not at all. People actually think with the altering that they accidentally gave Zoey the 3 hands.

Is it just me or does Zoey look really out of proportion on the Dead Air and Death Toll posters?

Is it just me or does Zoey look really out of proportion on the Dead Air and Death Toll posters?
Yeah like she is a stick in one then another she is bloated? It's been noted as well on that forum link.

Its not like you are going to see it unless you intently study the picture/pictures side by side.

Zoey's hands are really creepy. I wonder why i haven't noticed it before.

Zoey's hands are really creepy. I wonder why i haven't noticed it before.

Most of us don't over analyze these types of things, usually.
A good explanation!

Also, I note you dressed in the red jacket which looks exactly like Zoey's for the picture :D
And that's just creepy. Please remove lips from cellulite filled ass, please.

Most of us don't over analyze these types of things, usually.

Oh, come off it. :| No one is putting L4D down in any way so there's no need for anyone to jump in here in defence for their favourite game at the moment when to everyone in this thread it is still a game they enjoy. It's just a little unusual for something to come from out of Valve's studio with such a blatent error. (I'm talking about the hands - not the other stuff. I don't really care about the guns.)

Valve are reknowned for their high quality finishes in every department - whether it be simple concept art, promotional art and the finished product itself. They've slipped up here and it's caught quite a few people by surprise. There's no need to mount a high horse over this. I don't feel any less of Valve even though they've let this error slip out through the door, just a little confused at the mentality of why they've let it run one for so long, or why the artist didn't correct the image beforehand.

Oh, come off it. :| No one is putting L4D down in any way so there's no need for anyone to jump in here in defence for their favourite game at the moment when to everyone in this thread it is still a game they enjoy. It's just a little unusual for something to come from out of Valve's studio with such a blatent error. (I'm talking about the hands - not the other stuff. I don't really care about the guns.)

Valve are reknowned for their high quality finishes in every department - whether it be simple concept art, promotional art and the finished product itself. They've slipped up here and it's caught quite a few people by surprise. There's no need to mount a high horse over this. I don't feel any less of Valve even though they've let this error slip out through the door, just a little confused at the mentality of why they've let it run one for so long, or why the artist didn't correct the image beforehand.

Did I ever say that you guys are just being retarded and can't appreciate the game for what it is?

If you would stop playing defense and jumping me for saying that, then you'd understand when I said "over-analyze" I meant about staring at the picture to actually notice it.

FFS.

You're all pretty god damn pathetic if you give half a shit about this tbh. Move on, nobody cares. Jesus.

Did I ever say that you guys are just being retarded and can't appreciate the game for what it is?

If you would stop playing defense and jumping me for saying that, then you'd understand when I said "over-analyze" I meant about staring at the picture to actually notice it.

FFS.

Oh, I understand what you meant, it's just your general attitude seemed very ''oh ho ho, well WE don't care about these things, snarf'' and it came across as if you thought us nitpickers were trying to pick apart the game. Or at least it did to me, anyway.

Maybe some in this thread are, maybe a few on the Steam forums are, but I'm not even bringing the game into consideration for something like this. Just want to get that out the way before someone comes in yelling 'pathetic' for a slight criticism of something wrong. Sorry for faulting something quite obviously sloppy, Llama! :(

Apologies for the jump, but I care about the hand error and I'm having trouble understanding why no one else seems to find it unacceptable. The thing is, the fact that the faulty poster is in the FINISHED game means more and more people are going to see the error eventually. That's my problem - that something has slipped through the net and made it's way into the finished product.

Oh, I understand what you meant, it's just your general attitude seemed very ''oh ho ho, well WE don't care about these things, snarf'' and it came across as if you thought us nitpickers were trying to pick apart the game. Or at least it did to me, anyway.

Maybe some in this thread are, maybe a few on the Steam forums are, but I'm not even bringing the game into consideration for something like this. Just want to get that out the way before someone comes in yelling 'pathetic' for a slight criticism of something wrong. Sorry for faulting something quite obviously sloppy, Llama! :(

Apologies for the jump, but I care about the hand error and I'm having trouble understanding why no one else seems to find it unacceptable. The thing is, the fact that the faulty poster is in the FINISHED game means more and more people are going to see the error eventually. That's my problem - that something has slipped through the net and made it's way into the finished product.

I'll admit, when this thread was posted, I went to my poster and was like, "Well I'll be damned...." I wonder what Valve will have to say about this, if anything. I mean, it's a slip none the less, but hell, if you saw it, good for you. You're no less of a L4D fan for seeing a hand **** up :p

<3 Mr. Poppers.

As for the weapons, they may make DLC; along with maps and a few other stuff

Toaster do you use moisterizer?.

Cant say I'm too fussed about the "fails" in the loading art and what-not, in all honesty, you probably have to be a rather bored person to have to point them out, they're hardly game breaking.

This thread has turned into raging back and forth...

Just when I thought people were already obsessive enough about finding problems in ANYTHING popular... I click on this thread, and witness a new bar being raised.

Congratulations, you're officially the king of stuff that nobody cares about.

Learn how to compose a sentence correctly.

Also try and make more sense.

I read the thread, I see no reason to comply with your request, denied.

I wasn't being serious, man. :LOL: This is the first post of yours I have seen that doesn't stupidly large gaps in the middle of each line. Don't tell me to learn how to compose a sentence correctly when all of yours are structured exactly how I poked fun at. Not that any of this is important, I was just having a little crease. Not quite sure what part of 'read the goddamn thread' didn't make much sense, but okay, man!

And if you had read the thread you would of noticed that NO ONE has said these ''flaws'' are gameplay breaking. At all. No one even came close to saying anything of the kind.

I've played quite a few videogames. Enough to call bullshit on calling a game like l4d "buggy". Come on, you really have your head stuck up your ass if you define this buggy. It's not perfect but nothing is, especially this soon after release.

Also, the zoey mutant hands is something that needs to be fixed asap. but for the rest of the shit you pointed out, WHO THE **** CARES!

oh my god, the francis is THE SAME IMAGE IN BOTH THE MOVIE POSTERS! THIS IS THE BUGGIEST GAME EVER!

I wasn't being serious, man. :LOL: This is the first post of yours I have seen that doesn't stupidly large gaps in the middle of each line. Don't tell me to learn how to compose a sentence correctly when all of yours are structured exactly how I poked fun at. Not that any of this is important, I was just having a little crease. Not quite sure what part of 'read the goddamn thread' didn't make much sense, but okay, man!

And if you had read the thread you would of noticed that NO ONE has said these ''flaws'' are gameplay breaking. At all. No one even came close to saying anything of the kind.

Those are paragraphs, not a single sentence!. Also I compose my posts in such a manner as to avoid wall of texts, since they are extremely annoying and difficult to read I prefer to compose my thoughts in a way that enables them to be consumed a piece at a time and while this may encourage a level of omni-slash replies, at least people can read them. Spacing is not sentence composition and hence your criticism of how I compose my sentences is invalid. Also a gap cannot be stupid, it is an inanimate space, stupidity requires the capacity for thought. I was un-aware of your "crease", the definition or intent, hence I could only reply to what I perceived on my end of the internet, as such, I apologise if I was being rather too serious on the internet in this instance but unfortunately unavoidable as I am sure you are now aware. That made sense, but I had read the thread, hence it made no sense to make the request of me to read it, or re-read it, since I was confident I had absorb the content and deduced its correct meaning and intent on my initial read through, hence I informed you I was not prepared to reread an already read thread as rereading a read thread was going to be a waste of precious reading time better spent on reading another thread and making one of my vital and insightful replies for all to read and perhaps reread if they themselves had failed to read the post in the first read through. As for your final sentence there, the discussion was in the theme of overly nit-picky individuals nit-picking ultimately worthless things not of real importance to how the game played, I responded as such by pointing out how it had no effect on game play whatsoever, again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was glad to read your reply, it read to read your reading read reading read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read.

- Nuri

Ok.

But you don't need to seperate your lines with this much space.

Just for future reference, like.

Note: full stops also don't belong at the end of exclamation marks.

Back