20gb gone missing

WhiteBoy

Reaction score
I reformatted earlier today, and tonight, when I went to watch a movie, my folder that contained all my movies was gone. At first I thought that I must have deleted it by accident, but after a few minutes searching, I checked my hard drive space and it said:

Free space: 131 GB
Total Space: 233 GB

Though, when I select all the files on my drive, it only comes to roughly 82GBs used. This is my secondary drive, and being so, it doesn't have a bunch of hidden files and such for the Operating System. So I've been trying to figure out what could be taking up the extra space. Last time I checked, my movie folder was roughly 19-20gbs. So it makes me wonder if my files are still there, but I just can't access them. Does anybody have any past experience with this kind of thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eh, reformated? Then nothing should be there at all..
What did you format it as?

And on every hd hooked up to windows, there is a hidden RECYCLER folder, which contains deleated files just like the recycling bin on your desktop, but it is for that drive only.

-NSF

I guess I should have mentioned that I have two hard drive. The drive which I was refering to was my secondary drive, and it was the main drive that I reformatted.

EDIT: Well, I found the files. They were in a folder that was considered a protected system folder, so they didn't show when I selected to show hidden files. They were in a folder named found.000, along with several other files that apparently had gone missing as well.

Back