25 years Murder Free!

Another thing to take into account is that kennesew's crime rate was 'significantly lower" than Georgia's crime rate of 5,115.4 per 100,000 during 1982.

http://gbi.georgia.gov/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/35/52/90032275UCR Statewide per 100,000.pdf

Although Kennesew's crime rate in 2005 is 2027 per 100,000, the crime rate in Georgia is 4370 per 100,000.

The article isn't very credible in my opinion.

In addition, there is decreasing crime throughout all of Georgia, I would be wary of attributing Kennesew's crime rate drop to gun laws.

Too much inferring conclusions from singular results in this thread and not enough someone doing a really comprehensive study of these places and scenarios.

and this is any different than Kennesaw, Ga? there were no "stabbings, beatings, car jackings, gun shot wounds, and hit and runs"?
what does this have to do with anything?
you'e comparing a second world country with a first world country? you're comparing a country where lawlessness, gang warfare, civil and political upheaval is the norm with the US? ok, most people wouldnt agree that's a fair comparison but so long as it suits your agenda right? on the flipside canada has as much gun control as mexico and hey the US' murder rate is double that of canada, oh and death by firearm is more than twice the rate of that in the US ...using your logic OBVIOUSLY gun control works
oh btw ..
http://www.nydailynews.com/latino/2...us_most_illegal_guns_in_mexico_come_from.html
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0719/p01s01-woam.html
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=8823852
try harder

Whats the population of canada?
30 Million?
Whats the Population of the US?
300 Million?
Wow, i guess its easier to control a smaller population in the 1st world?

But what is this?
Austin Texas has a lower murder rate than Edmonton Canada? Their populations are the same (more or less) and yet in Canada they have strict gun control, and in Texas they dont. I can buy a Class 3 Weapon in downtown Austin at almost any gun store.

As far as your links to Mexican Drug Dealers and the ATF
Hmmm... But drugs are illegal. We have strict drug laws.
illegal immigration is illegal, we have strict immigration laws
The weapons they were talking about were obatained illegally through "Straw Purchases"
The article also said "But he added that weapons are being traced to sellers in "virtually every state, as far north as Washington state." But plenty of states have strict gun laws. Like Washington state.
How did they get the weapons into Mexico in the first place? They are Illegal there!?
And like you said Mexico is corrupt 2nd world country, maybe the Mexican goverment lied about the information they gave to the US? I mean we cant trust that 2nd world shite hole right? I'm sure I cant get weapons from Venezuela, Russia, or Columbia in Mexico.

So basically illegal guns are bad. The article and POINT of this discussion was that a City with more people legally armed, was a safer city.
Concealed Carry Reduces Crime.

Right, you posted an article from a right wing source without taking a second to let it pass through some kind of filter in your head (I think we've had this conversation before).

If the fact that this is from worldnetdaily doesn't make your BS meter go off then the fact that they cherry picked statistics should have. But I guess it's easier to swallow what you are spoon fed on these idiotic web sites than to actually think for yourself.

Reuters is a right wing news source??

But what is this?
Austin Texas has a lower murder rate than Edmonton Canada? Their populations are the same (more or less) and yet in Canada they have strict gun control, and in Texas they dont. I can buy a Class 3 Weapon in downtown Austin at almost any gun store.

You sure about this? A quick google search shows other wise. But if you could post your source I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. And since you are pulling out statistics be sure to point out how the median income for austin (the southwest tech capital) compares to Edmonton.

Okay, I was wrong there. But looking at the headlines on their main page shows quite unbiased news reporting, IMO...

Whats the population of canada?
30 Million?
Whats the Population of the US?
300 Million?

durrrr homicide rates are recorded as 1 per 100,000 inhabitants ..population doesnt make a difference

Wow, i guess its easier to control a smaller population in the 1st world?

yet the US has a higher muder rate per capita than Mexico ..way to support my point

But what is this?

Washington DC has a population of roughly 500,000 inhabitants ..toronto has a population of 4.5 million ..yet the murder rate in Washington is 30.8 per 100,000 inhabitants while the murder rate in toronto is 1.9 per 100,000 inhabitants. Toronto has stricter gun control than washington therefore using your logic gun control is effective .....

biased sampling is biased

As far as your links to Mexican Drug Dealers and the ATF

you mean the links that says the ATF claims most illegal guns in mexico come from the US, the very point you avoid below?

Hmmm... But drugs are illegal. We have strict drug laws.
illegal immigration is illegal, we have strict immigration laws

what does this have to do with anything?

The weapons they were talking about were obatained illegally through "Straw Purchases"

ok and? how does that negate the fact that most illegal guns (hey gun control means most guns are illegal in mexico except under strict circumstances) in mexico come from the US?

The article also said "But he added that weapons are being traced to sellers in "virtually every state, as far north as Washington state." But plenty of states have strict gun laws. Like Washington state. [/quote

yes washington is in the US

How did they get the weapons into Mexico in the first place? They are Illegal there!?

I'm guessing illegally?

And like you said Mexico is corrupt 2nd world country, maybe the Mexican goverment lied about the information they gave to the US?

lol, this is the ATF's findings, they didnt call up Calderone and ask him to provide figures :LOL:

I mean we cant trust that 2nd world shite hole right? I'm sure I cant get weapons from Venezuela, Russia, or Columbia in Mexico.

yes I'm sure you could but the likelihood it came from the US is much higher ..that's what it means when they say "Most illegal guns in Mexico come from US "

So basically illegal guns are bad. The article and POINT of this discussion was that a City with more people legally armed, was a safer city.
Concealed Carry Reduces Crime.

which would be an example of biased sampling ..toronto has a much lower murder rate than Washington despite having almost 10 x the population ..obviously BY YOUR OWN LOGIC, gun control works

biased sampling is biased

If I get my hands on a gun, I'm going to start shooting people. That's what they're for.

That's why I stay away from them.

Damn you need to see a doctor or something if you're serious. I'm not trying to troll or be ****ed up as you're a cool poster, but if you're serious you really should see a shrink.

If I see a dildo I'm not going to start ramming it in my asshole just because "thats what its for"

actually dildos are meant to go in any number of orifices but primarily the vagina ..sticking it up the bum is usually last on the list due to cross contamination ...I dont wnat to know why you think this is a dildo's primary function as I'm afraid of what you might reveal :E

Probably has something to do with the fact that males do not have vaginas.

If ramming random dildos into my asshole is wrong, I don't want to be right.

thanks for making me spit out my coffee, worth the laugh though :LOL:

Okay, I was wrong there. But looking at the headlines on their main page shows quite unbiased news reporting, IMO...

There is nothing unbiased about worldnetdaily. This is the source that spews crap such as we can't prove Obama was born in the USA or that he really is a secret muslim. In fact what do you mean their front page looks unbiased? Are you serious? The all important breaking news headline on their site as I type this reads:

Code:
Weatherman terrorists: Obama's centrism a 'smokescreen'

If you really had no idea that worldnetdaily was a right wing source then I'm not necessarily going to criticise you for that but it would help explain why you keep repeating this dumb right wing propogenda as gospel. What you need to start doing, as I've said in the past, is looking at this stuff with a more open mind. Before you copy and paste something here spend some time doing some critical thinking about what you are posting.

Damn you need to see a doctor or something if you're serious. I'm not trying to troll or be ****ed up as you're a cool poster, but if you're serious you really should see a shrink.

If I see a dildo I'm not going to start ramming it in my asshole just because "thats what its for"

actually dildos are meant to go in any number of orifices but primarily the vagina ..sticking it up the bum is usually last on the list due to cross contamination ...I dont wnat to know why you think this is a dildo's primary function as I'm afraid of what you might reveal :E

If ramming random dildos into my asshole is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Probably one of the funniest conversations I've seen here in a while. Rakurai, that explains a lot ;).

Back