9th December 2014 + Source 2 Coming In 2015! - ValveTime News Round-Up

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our Round-Up might be a...*little* late this week, but we've still got all the details on the fast-approaching release of Source 2! That isn't all we're talking about, of course, as we also bring up the beta release of Steam Broadcasting, Valve's planned appearance at GDC 2015 in March, and a whole lot more!

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and TwitchTV, and to rate our Dota 2 Announcer Pack positively over on the Steam Workshop! Thanks for watching.

For anyone wondering, this episode was written and edited before the release of the End of the Line update, which we'll cover this weekend!

I can't wait for the next DB. I've always wondered about it.

I can't wait for the next DB. I've always wondered about it.
Who said it was ONE episode?

Wait, I did.

Well, ignore past Nick, I've heard he's a peculiar fellow.

The real twist is that the engine is actually called Source: Updated and not Source 2 and valve was giving us the name the entire time *thrilling organ chords*

Well, ignore past Nick, I've heard he's a peculiar fellow.

I would never hold it past him.

The real twist is that the engine is actually called Source: Updated and not Source 2 and valve was giving us the name the entire time *thrilling organ chords*
Valve have never actually used the term "Source 2" to promote or announce the engine, it's only been used internally on project trackers and within code released alongside the Workshop Tools. Source 2 is the current name of the engine, but it might not be the final name used to promote it.

Valve have never actually used the term "Source 2" to promote or announce the engine, it's only been used internally on project trackers and within code released alongside the Workshop Tools. Source 2 is the current name of the engine, but it might not be the final name used to promote it.

I wonder when they do release the engine update for Dota 2 if they'll confirm themselves that it is the new source engine we've been waiting for, or if they will not mention it at all to not overly-hype the community. Instead they would focus more of the update talking about the custom game modes, and the new engine would be referred to as "updated engine," sort of like a side thing.

Back