A bit of confusion...

Xendance

Tank
Reaction score
I never play Counter-Strike: Source because it lags so badly its unplayable.
My friend recently got Counter-Strike: Source and he said he lags a tiny bit on official maps, but not custom maps.
That took me back to when I played Counter-Strike: Source for the first time EVER. It was faster than normal, no lag. S

I recently installed Counter-Strike: Source again, and play on custom maps. Yes, it doesn't lag.

Not that I'm complaining, but why do I lag on official maps, but not custom?

Thanks.

First off - what are your computer specs? Not sure what custom maps you're playing, but ones like the aim_textures don't have very complicated visuals, and the models are all basic block brushes, so it's not very omplicated and thus taxing on your system.
Official maps do require quite a bit of memory compared with more basic custom maps. I mean you have physics stuff, on the dust maps you have smoke clouds, and on things like Inferno you have a buggerload of extra models.
The Dust maps are the least intensive of the lot, and my computer was never good to start with, so those were the only maps I could really play. You should see if you lag a lot on the Dusts. If you don't, then it's that your computer can't handle much more complicated things.

(Don't laugh...)
Manufacturer:
Intel
Processor:
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
Memory:
1278MB RAM
Hard Drive:
40 GB
Video Card:
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Monitor:

Sound Card:

Realtek AC97 Audio
Speakers/Headphones:

Keyboard:

Mouse:
Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.1A PS/2 Compatible
Mouse Surface:

Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

Well your graphics card is integrated, which is what's obviously causing the 'lag' effect. I can't think of anything except try mat_picmip 3 in the console before you load a map. Uhm also "-dxlevel 70" in your command line parameters of CSS should help a little.

Until I get my new graphics card sorted and everything, I shall use it.

You might as well get a new computer.

Your RAM isnt bad (weird amount though?), but as Dekstar said ur GFX is **** and your CPU is pretty weak, actually your PC looks more like a work computer than a game- or even a home computer.

Your RAM isnt bad (weird amount though?), but as Dekstar said ur GFX is **** and your CPU is pretty weak, actually your PC looks more like a work computer than a game- or even a home computer.

That's because it was a work computer. It use to belong to a school.

Back