A Dream about the G-Man

Dario D.

Spy
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a quite scary dream I had about the G-Man... quite scary to experience, but probably lacking the emotional surge of dreams when you hear about it.

I was in a forest, in some WWII type setting, and as I often do, I was dreaming that I was "living" a game. (In other words, playing a game, but actually being there as myself in a realistic world).

It was a vast, mountainous forest, and dark, as in the evening in Russia in the dark season, with a dense gray sky, like when it rains, everything wet... hardly a color anywhere... I was approaching an abondoned wooden building, mostly conealed by trees, but visible.

My two brothers were there, one older, one younger, and were just with me at the time, as sometimes they watch me plays games. Except, in the dream, they were watching me play by being part of it with me.

I decided to stop and look around at the landscape. I had a hunch, that since I had never seen the G-Man in this mission, and since nobody in the forum threads had ever found him in this mission, and since the landscape was so vast - some old WW2 mortars and abandoned tents still visible here and there - I thought I might just see him way over on the horizon watching me, as there was plenty of place to hide.

I looked around on the horizon... As I began to look, my older brother called to me from a 2nd floor balcony of the wooden building and said, "Look! There he is!" and pointed to an area behind me.

I turned and looked, and up on a raised piece of land running parallel to the building's driveway, about 45 feet away, behind a chainlink fence that ran with it, was the G-Man, dark, dressed in old aviator's clothes, wearing an old brown helmet and a holding the front straps of his backpack, as though it were a parachute.

I knew that as soon as I saw him it would trigger him to walk away, and so he turned and started walking back, along the length of the fence... watching me... constantly passing behing thick branches of trees from which I could not see him...

He was walking along the raised side of the driveway, covered in trees, toward a drop-off where the raised land suddenly dropped about 30 feet to the forest below.

When he had almost arrived, he turned to face it and picked up speed, walking faster, as if in a hurry, and approached the edge... He extended his arms to his sides and began falling forward, slowly at first, and simply fell over the edge... where I could not see.

I took a few steps forward, and then I could see where he landed. There under the trees was a crashed plane with hardly the remains of a pilot hanging out of the cockpit. It was an old brown propeller plane... a fighter... one with no cockpit covering. The pilot had crashed and died there, and I saw G-Man dressed as a pilot fall off the edge to where the wreckage lay, seeming as though it had been there for some years.

I must have blinked... The dream restarted and I saw G-Man again where I first saw him... This time I was further back and it was harder to see him. His face was darker, and he looked angry. Instead of walking, he immediately turned and ran, toward the ledge, but I did not watch.

My brother shouted, "I wonder if that was him; I'll go to the back window and see if I can see him. If not, that was him for sure." He turned to go inside the abandoned wooden building to another window, and I looked again at the G-Man who was standing again with angry look on his face half-way between his starting position and the drop-off.

I turned to my younger brother who was standing just inside the front screen door of the building, to see if he was watching this. I mumbled something to him - I don't remember what - and he just looked at me blankly. He very, very slowly started opening the screen door, and he was just staring at me without emotion. It was too dark to even see his features...

I knew he was just trying to scare me... Like he was mocking me, being spooked about seeing the G-Man here in this vast wilderness by such chance.

My brother slowly opened the screen door and stepped forward. I knew he was mocking me, but so slowly and calmly as I've never seen him before. He started making a ghostly breathing sound, as he often imitates the sounds of ghosts in movies. He was breathing this way, and I was waiting for him to stop and say something, but I was quickly losing my calm about him...

And I woke up...
...this was about 20 minutes ago. :O

I had a dream about Gman being Mr Burns... It was quite odd indeed.

Dario D, it is possible to find the meaning of a dream. I know how to interpret dreams and I will tell you what yours means. Pay attention as I will say this only once. It means that you need to get a life!

Goethe, seriously, after seeing all this, YOU are the one needing to get a life. All you do is insult others. On a gaming forum.

Dario, that is a really cool dream Scary too :O

I wish I had cool dreams like that though.. Video game dreams. (I've had a few, but they didn't really involve any fighting or hunting or anything you would find in an actual video game)

Thanks. I tried to add a note, but u cant edit a post after 15 minutes... just an after-thought:

[paste/]
Editorial note: I think the game I was playing in the Dream was Thief. Half-Life 2 was kind of the mentality of the game, though it was clearly Thief, which is a game I used to map for, and one that I've had so many dreams about.

I'm always on the lookout for ideas for Thief, as only in Thief missions can you truly, truly unleash your wildest imagination. Though now I map for UT2004, and HL2: DM, I constantly write stories and search for the perfect game settings and ideas, and am currently working on a SinglePlayer/MP mod for UT2004 with this very goal; gaming perfection. I often dream about my projects, in which I live them... Something both beneficial and distracting, as the ideas in dreams can easily convince someone that even a terrible idea is the best idea, and make them waste countless time pursuing it.

Though mapping for UT and HL2 is what I do now, it bores me to such great extents; mindless gunplay is a dry sponge to the imagination, and the creative mind yearns for a game like Thief to become popular so that one might give great amounts of time and imagination into something that masses can truly enjoy.

I got so far in my Thief project, the funnest project I've ever worked on, but quit because the effort it took simply would not be rewarded with just 2,000 people playing it.

One day I hope to make a game with a nice, un-wanabe story, great gunplay, deep, rich atmosphere, deep story, as in the old Thief games, and interest to keep things deeper than meets the eye.

But it's not for me, so I wouldnt work on something that only 2,000 people can enjoy, when I look at some mod like Desert Combat, in which more than 1 million people have downloaded it, or even Counter Strike, even though that's the opposite of my pursuits (mindless gunplay), since I hate CS so much (no offense to those who enjoy it), but you get the picture.

Until the day when a game comes out that can completely replace your dull life, with richness in every field - not just gunplay - I'll be working on the fundamental elements of such a game; tomorrow's counter-life. ;)

Anyway... thoughts of a tired mind...

vegeta897 said:
Goethe, seriously, after seeing all this, YOU are the one needing to get a life. All you do is insult others.

Insult others? Care to back up your claim with some evidence?

Oh wait a second, now I remember. Last night you called me an idiot just because I dug up an old thread. For all I know there is more truth to this statement: vegeta897, seriously, after seeing all this, YOU are the one needing to get a life.All you do is insult others.

Goethe said:

Oh wait a second, now I remember. Last night you called me an idiot just because I dug up an old thread. For all I know there is more truth to this statement: vegeta897, seriously, after seeing all this, YOU are the one needing to get a life.All you do is insult others.
No, vegeta is right.

You really do need to get a life.

please, dont pollute this thread. Nobody ever wins arguments. As long as ego exists, you are both completely right. No altering that.

Wrong. I make alot more meaningful posts than I do mean ones.
I insulted you because you deserved it. YOU insulted him because you told someone who you knew NOTHING about that he doesn't have a life.

In this thread you could have done 2 things. Say it's cool and share your dreams-
OR just don't post at all if you have nothing nice to say.

Edit: Talk about ego:

"I don't really post that many threads. What happens is that my threads are usually so good that they end up on top for days, giving the impression that I am spamming the forum with them, when in fact they have all been posted days apart." -Goethe

Posting a thread every few days is STILL too much.

Look at mine. I have about 2800 posts, and only about 20 of them are threads (IIRC)

lol Goethe having a fight with a forum member thats not me for once! hahaha, i cant believe he said that about his threads.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/search.php?searchid=285811

too many threads for someone whoses been registered such a short time, and if your statement is true then why are about a quarter of those threads locked :dozey:

sorry about the poison in your thread mate, the dream seems very weird, but yeah thats all. Personally i dream about more simple things, like a....nah not the time nor place.

edit : vegeta its not a thread a day, its a couple!

vegeta897 said:
Wrong. I make alot more meaningful posts than I do mean ones.
I insulted you because you deserved it. YOU insulted him because you told someone who you knew NOTHING about that he doesn't have a life.

And you also asked me to get a life, even though it is highly unlikely that you know me. Doesn't that make you guilty of the same crime?

vegeta897 said:
just don't post at all if you have nothing nice to say.

Perhaps, but a hypocrite like you is not in the position to tell me this. Do I need to remind you what you said last night?

vegeta897 said:
Edit: Talk about ego:

"I don't really post that many threads. What happens is that my threads are usually so good that they end up on top for days, giving the impression that I am spamming the forum with them, when in fact they have all been posted days apart." -Goethe

You don't suppose I was being serious when I said that.

vegeta897 said:
I have about 2800 posts

That's admirable.

Dario D. sorry for causing all this trouble (ie: pissing on your thread). I wasn't trying to insult you, I just found your enthusiasm for these things amusing.

Goethe said:

Shut up. You ask n00bish questions, bring back threads from the dead and insult people who think otherwise

So all I have to say is:

OMINOUS! :|

Danimal said:
Shut up. You ask n00bish questions, bring back threads from the dead and insult people who think otherwise

So all I have to say is:

OMINOUS! :|

Some people like to follow the herd.

The way you described your dream was so plain, yet so discriptive. I think you would make an awesome game and I would want to play it! Oh and yeah...WTF was that dream?!:p

Im very interested in dreams, have you seen the movie "Waking Life" if not see it, its an amazing movie. It makes alot of points about the relationship between a dream state and a awake state, and the ability to control your dreams.

while your dream is strange, its a dream they're all strange.

Hey, how do you get that cool warning level sign beside your screen name? I want one! It makes me stand out!

As far as I know-It's not an option. You COULD be a complete asshole and get warnings, but thats your choice. :p

oMeSSiaHo said:
The way you described your dream was so plain, yet so discriptive. I think you would make an awesome game and I would want to play it! Oh and yeah...WTF was that dream?!:p
Well thanks :), I try hard.

Goethe said:
Dario D, it is possible to find the meaning of a dream. I know how to interpret dreams and I will tell you what yours means. Pay attention as I will say this only once. It means that you need to get a life!

Just wanted to say this but having a dream about a game doesn't mean you need to get a life. Dreams can be based on events that have happened during the day. So, I guess he's human?

Well, yes... To say the least, I don't think of or about G-Man. I'm not a Half-Life trekkie. But I thought the idea of G-Man sightings was cool and interesting, so you can go figure that dreams are often about such interesting topics.

Heck, I've dreampt about flying; flying is fun and intriguing. Not that I ever think about it...

But just as some people always dream about work situations, so I always dream about games that I work on, because it's like my job. I spend lots of time around mods/missions I work on, so I also dream about them... a pleasant side-effect.

I had a dream with the Gman in it too, it was odd.

All i remember that i was in a schoolbus filled with people (some of them hot chicks) and the gman was flying around in a wheelchair around the bus. I had to shoot him with a mouse, i couldnt get him. Then some guy next to me gave me some weed, and then i shot the gman's wheelchair and he blew up. We were also somewhere in europe for some reason. It was so creepy

And i'm not making this up, i'm not that creative

i had a dream that i died when i went sky diveing and i was walkign around my house sleepwalkign or something swearing cuz i was mad that i was dead i dont remember doign that my mom jsut told me she walked me back to my room 3 times lol

Back