About Conga...

Mididda

Spy
Reaction score
Aren't we overusing it a little ? Many servers have turned into dance clubs because of it, and the fact I'm writing this a few months after it's release is not helping. People ( quite obviously ) turned themselfes into easy targets, not to mention many destroyed matches. Technically this calmed down a little, but it's still a problem, heck, some people want to ban it. To be honest, I'm not as bothered by that as others, but that's mostly because I play only on a one competitive server with mods and rules, and such activity can happen only during events. ( As far as I know ) But I still notice this problem, seeing how popular it is on silly servers. What are your thoughts and opinions ?

PS : "The "conga" was originally a dance that was performed in the streets of Cuba. People in Havana were actually forbidden to do the conga due to the amount of adrenaline and excitement that fueled fighting in the streets near elections. Eventually, Cuban President Fulgencio Batista permitted the people to dance congas during elections, but with a police permit. Spy refers to this in a line where he says "Dancing! It is the forbidden dance!" " - via OfficialTF2 Wiki
LOL

The Conga Dance party servers are a focusing lens on the problem that has been grinding away at the appeal of TF2 for years.

Why play the game when you can dance? Why develop the gameplay if the gameplay has evolved into dance? The switch was made.

Back